“The Staff Makes This Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB

You added Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 Mercedes Blvd., Camp Springs, MD 20746   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Camp Springs
Blackwood, New Jersey
“The Staff Makes This Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We traveled to the D.C. area from Thanksgiving to the following Sunday, staying at this particular location.

I would've rated the hotel 3 were it not for the staff. The people who work here are the most pleasant, helpful, smiling faces I've ever seen located in one hotel. The rooms were average, beds were comfortable, bathrooms a bit small but adequate. The fitness room had basic equipment: two treadmills, an elliptical, and a bike. They had free weights from 5 to 30 pounds, and a TV and watercooler, along with towels. Everything you need to stay fit for a long weekend.

There was a basic, free breakfast--with the best coffee I've had in a long time. The staff monitored it constantly and replaced items that were dwindling. The room décor is not shabby, but there's a sign in the lobby indicating a facelift is coming. I'd say it's needed, but not MUCH needed, if you know what I mean.

But there was not one employee there who didn't greet me with a smile and "hello" when I saw them. They were cheerful, helpful, upbeat, and generally just an all-around friendly group. The staff is the reason I gave the hotel 4 instead of 3, and I would stay there again because of them.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Melanie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I am delighted that my staff made you feel at home! I have been asked before if I stole my staff from Disney? Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we look forward to serving you again when you come back. I hope you had a great Holiday!

Hospitality Yours,

M. Myers

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped to get some much needed rest, while on out way home from North Carolina. Location was extremely convenient - right off the highway. With 3 kids under he age of 6, this place gave us all that we needed... Clean room, comfortable beds, crib with soft clean sheets for baby, nice breakfast area with wonderfully helpful attendants. My kids especially were treated very nicely and that always makes a huge impression for me. Only suggestion would be having a step stool or something so that kids can reach the (beautiful) bathroom sink. Will be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2014
I am so excited you were able to enjoy all of our wonderful amenities! Our staff wants everyone who stays with us to feel at home. We love children and we know how important it is to have a family and travel. We look forward to your next visit!

Happy Holidays!

Melanie Myers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was here at the hotel from a Friday to a Monday. It's far from the city and a good deal for the money sans the location. The roads in and around are bumpy and it's noisy since it's right next to three major high ways. Service could be better. Staff is good but sometimes I wish a little more attentive. Cleanliness is average, could be better.

• Stayed November 2014
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I usually prefer to stay at a Holiday Inn Express if the price is right. I have had very positive experiences in the past. This hotel was ok, not as nice as some others Holiday Inn Express' I have stayed at. I was here for about 5 nights on business.

The area did not have many places to eat. As an out-of-towner without any sense of where to go, I order from GrubHub so I wouldn't have to wander around in my car. The first few nights my bathroom smelled very strongly of cigarettes. I was on a non-smoking floor but someone, somewhere was definitely smoking.

The complimentary breakfast is always nice. The breakfast area could have been maintained a little better but it was not unpleasant.

Good value for how close it is to DC. In the future, I would probably look at other options before choosing this hotel again. There wasn't anything outright bad, just didn't blow up my skirt so to speak.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Jen A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jarvisburg, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

For the price, service and cleanness the hotel was amazing. For the free shuttle to the metro station was amazing+. It was about 15 min to downtown Washington DC.My baby had a fever and Joann (the manager on duty) sent the cleaning crew to the room when we got there so we were able to check in early (around 20 min to 2) Check in was at 3 PM. The breakfast was delicious and all the crew members were very kind. Great hotel, will stay again when going to Washington.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Juneau, Alaska, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We stayed here with my father in law on a recent visit to the Washington DC area. The hotel works very well if you are renting a car and have a way to get around the DC area. It is only about 15 to 30 minutes outside of the city depending on the time of day you are traveling.
I really have to complement the staff. The front desk staff were fantastic upon check in. The breakfast room staff was very helpful, and breakfast was fresh and hot every morning.
The room was comfortable and it was nice to have a refrigerator and coffee maker in the room.
The room was kept very clean and the toiletries were typical for a Holiday Inn Express.
I would stay there again and in fact we left the DC area then stayed at this hotel a week later during the same trip. We had some issues with the wi-fi during our last morning there but the staff was super helpful in assisting us in getting it going again.
The rooms and furnishings seemed to be up to date, but they are planning on a re-do this winter so you might ask if there is any decrease in service or any added inconvenience during the re-do.

Room Tip: We booked through a discounted on-line booking agency for one night, but the hotel offered us the sa...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
bryans road
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

I have stayed with the property numerous of times & spoken with the manager in regards to the poor service that was provided by her agents. The agent from that point service turned around completely with u a smile, however I checked in the following week with Laci and received beyond anything but service. I am an Ambassador Platiunum member & it took at least 20min for her to check me into 1 room. Her service was unacceptable-- the tone, the conversation. She did. To offer to upgrade the room nor provide any additional benefits for being a loyal member with IHG.
She place me in a handicap room which I did not ask for and it smelled really bad. Come back to the desk to change rooms. If by any chance you check into this hotel PLEASE check in with Mr. Tyree, Front desk agent. This service was so bad I cancel my 11 night stay to only 2 nights due to the late night of checking in. If it was early during the day I would have cancel the entire reservation & went someone else.

Room Tip: He only plus to this hotel is that the shuttle is provided to the metro station & Mr.Tyree frien...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB, responded to this review, November 9, 2014
Dear lisa w,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Camp Springs hotels

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB? Share your experiences!