“Poor Service from the front desk agent Laci” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 Mercedes Blvd., Camp Springs, MD 20746   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Camp Springs
bryans road
“Poor Service from the front desk agent Laci”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I have stayed with the property numerous of times & spoken with the manager in regards to the poor service that was provided by her agents. The agent from that point service turned around completely with u a smile, however I checked in the following week with Laci and received beyond anything but service. I am an Ambassador Platiunum member & it took at least 20min for her to check me into 1 room. Her service was unacceptable-- the tone, the conversation. She did. To offer to upgrade the room nor provide any additional benefits for being a loyal member with IHG.
She place me in a handicap room which I did not ask for and it smelled really bad. Come back to the desk to change rooms. If by any chance you check into this hotel PLEASE check in with Mr. Tyree, Front desk agent. This service was so bad I cancel my 11 night stay to only 2 nights due to the late night of checking in. If it was early during the day I would have cancel the entire reservation & went someone else.

Room Tip: He only plus to this hotel is that the shuttle is provided to the metro station & Mr.Tyree frien...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Morristown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was a great value overall. The rooms were nice and clean and beds comfortable. It was not noisy. Breakfast and wifi are provided. Staff was nice. It is located close to a Metro stop and a shuttle service is provided to and from the stop but it is within walking distance if you wanted to walk it (probably a half mile away). It was easy to use the Metro to get to downtown DC.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great service and value, convenient to downtown DC. They offer a shuttle service to the metro and area restaurants. Hot breakfast buffet was plentiful. Rooms were clean and large enough for the 3 of us adults staying there. This hotel is also about 10 minutes from the National Harbor which we had never visited--a great attraction in the area! We'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed with my sisters. I highly recommend it especially for travelers on budget. It is 10 minutes walk to the metro station, and a shuttle service is available to and from the metro station for which you have to call 15 minutes before your trip. Room is big and clean, front desk is helpful, and special thanks to Tyree!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Disappointing for a Holiday Inn. Arrived and even though loyalty members not given much of a welcome or the usual members perks (bag with water or chips and such). Desk staff mediocre in there customer service. Hotel is on a hill and our first room was in the "basement" or lowest floor. Room was not what we reserved, double beds not king. Back to the desk and told that the reservation was for the double. Fortunately we had the confirmation and we were given the king we requested. Back to the basement and room next to the first one we were sent to. Room was outdated and needed work. Frayed carpet and the jacuzzi tub was broken with tiles that have seen better days. At 10pm we starting hearing strange noises from above our room. My first thought was we were below the laundry room. After much thumping noises and dropping of large things on the floor above we were getting more frustrated. Spent the night as it was late and we had been driving all day. Breakfast was disappointing with stale muffins and the egg omelette had salsa inside it. Not everyone likes salsa with their eggs! We checked out and went to another hotel for the rest our stay.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Sue T,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We certainly work very hard to ensure our guests receive the very best service we can provide each and every day. Please accept our apologies that on this occasion we fell short of your expectations. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer and comments from our guests are always welcome.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to make your next stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I are platinum rewards members and we found this hotel on our route back from Boston to tampa on our honeymoon. I had called the hotel after reserving online to see if an upgrade was available and Lori answered the phone. I explained it was our honeymoon and that a jacuzzi tub would be great if it was available. She let me know it was and we were locked in for it. We were due to check in around 10 pm. Unfortunately our car broke down in New Jersey. After 3 hours of fixing our car in the cold we were spent and ready to just get to our room and call it a night.

What happened next made our week. Upon checking in the sweet woman behind the desk showed me that our reservation slip had a heart and the word newlyweds written on it. How sweet right? It gets better. Our room key folder had a little "I do" print out on it that was colored with pink highlighter. But what awaited these exaughsted travelers when we entered the room brought tears to my eyes. Lori had decorated our suite for us. There were cards in the bathroom and on our bed with wedding congratulations and warm wishes of love and happiness. On the tub there were two wine glasses and a bottle of sparkling cider and chocolates. To say she made it so we wanted to stay up and enjoy all the work she put in is an understatement. Thank you so much Lori and we will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed October 2014
Petersburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

My family and I traveled from VA and NJ to meet here for a birthday party. Great clean lobby. The room I had was a little small but clean and accommodating nonetheless. The staff was very friendly and helpful at check in and during breakfast the following morning. The breakfast hosts were more like waitresses by offering to take away finished plates and grabbing something extra I needed while I was busy with my 10 month old. I will definitely stay here again if I am back in the area.

Room Tip: If you need more space inquire about a suite, the standard room is a little on the small side
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Melanie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay! Our breakfast girls are the best and always want to take care of our guests. I hope you enjoyed the birthday party. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Hospitality Yours,

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB? Share your experiences!