“Clean, friendly, nice pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 Mercedes Blvd., Camp Springs, MD 20746   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Camp Springs
“Clean, friendly, nice pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

hotel is among a trio of nice hotels and has an outdoor pool. rooms have modern decor, wi fi is fast, breakfast it's good with warm flaky cinnamon rolls. Bath & body works shampoo, lotion. this is the hotel of my husband choice during a long military stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

When we arrived, our first thought was that the room was small but clean ad would meet our needs as a family visiting the Washington DC area. That quickly changed.

The first morning we awoke to find that there were ants all over the desk and chair and in the floor. The ant problem didn't go away over the three nights we spent there.

The kids enjoyed the pool but we were disappointed with the lifeguards who sat and talked on their phones the entire time the kids were in the pool. Yes, the parents were there but we felt that they should at least look over toward the pool once in a while rather than chatting and laughing while they are supposed to be guarding. It wasn't just one lifeguard either...it was every single one.

Finally, the housekeeping staff were wonderful about cleaning the room but it seemed odd to me that they never gave us an extra roll of toilet tissue. We are a family of five visiting for four days. When I went to ask for an additional roll, the attendant acted like it was an inconvenience. We also only got one coffee pack for the entire trip.

Fortunately, the breakfast was good and the daytime front desk staff were wonderful. The shuttle is convenient and it was quick when we requested it.

Would I stay again? Probably not. I had booked here because I had had a good experience with the Holiday Inn Express in the past. I guess they aren't all alike.

• Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff is not returning calls or putting me through to the manager to discuss incorrect charges which should be refunded. There were shady characters hanging around the hotel, and security for hotel guests are compromised by propping open the locked doors. Suspected prostitutes and drug use by people were observed. And, lastly, we had an infestation of ants the second night in our hotel room. They got in through a place in the bathroom and were all over the bathroom seat. It was disgusting! Would never recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bristol, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a bit out of the way. However, they have a complimentary shuttle bus that will pick you up at the Metro stop. They will take you anywhere within a five mile radius. The breakfast is really delicious. Also, included in the price. I think it is a great place.

Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Check-in was a little slow but hotel personnel were friendly and helpful. Lobby was clean and room was well maintained, and we felt very safe. Our stay was for three nights and we took advantage of the free breakfast, shuttle, and advice. Had a wonderful time; thanks for a great DC vacation!!

• Stayed June 2014
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked a room at this hotel June 14-16th the listed prices was $94.00 per night. With the use of 5000 IHG points the price per night was reduced to $70.00 per night. ( I booked two nights) When I booked the room my card was immediately charged the $140.00. When I checked out on June 16th my card was charged an additional $55.00 . ( which was $24.00 per night plus tax ). Which brought the price back to $94.00 per night, Which is a underhanded misleading way of doing business ( and yes my points where deducted ).. Because of the chaos in the lobby, a woman yelling about bed bugs, and her car being broken into also there where policemen in the parking lot and people everywhere.It was not the appropriate time to discuss being overcharged, However when filling out the survey I indicated I wanted the manager to call me to no avail ,
This was not my first stay at this hotel but it will be my last. My last stay I was charged an additional night May 22-23 2013 . Overall the hotel is not bad as indicated above someone saw bed bugs , I did not . For peace of mind, I will walk across the parking lot to the brand new Hampton Inn that have no hidden charges and have 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.

Room Tip: Don't stay by the Lobby, if you are there on the weekend ask if there are sport teams staying in...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear d3nise2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Warm Regards,

Charisse V
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The continental breakfast was amazing. I have stayed a numerous hotels before and this hotels breakfast out beat any breakfast by other hotels. They had a awesome variety...cinnamon rolls that were delicious and sausage gravy (restaurant quality) with biscuits is just the tip of the ice berg and it was complimentary. Not only was the breakfast delicious but Theresea the breakfast women was amazing with our children. She would talk and joke around with them and it came to the point where my five year old daughter would look for her to talk to her. The general manager Melanie Myers was dedicated to providing my family the best possible experience. There was an issue with the pool where it temporarily had to be shut down but Melanie knowing how bad my kids wanted to swim in the pool kept our family personally update on the status of the pool herself. As manager I know she probably had a ton of work to do but she personally would let us know the progress of the pool maintenance herself. That meant a lot especially to our children who were anxious to go swimming. Also when asked about places to go Melanie not only offered great places to eat but also a complimentary shuttle service! Not too many hotels I know that do that. Every time you passed an employee in the hallway they were always smiling and greeted you. All around the experience was amazing and I will be sure the next time I go to visit I will be staying here at this hotel. Exceptional quality, customer service, and hospitality.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB? Share your experiences!