You added Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bethesda, MD
“Nice Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2008

Nice getaway from the DC area for a chilly weekend. The hotel's public spaces are cozy, with nice little nooks to explore--one had pool tables, one a little lounge by a fireplace. Our room was clean, not super luxe, but comfortable and fairly large with a water view. The indoor pool is great; at night they show a "dive-in" movie on a large screen by the pool. The property has its own little wildlife preserve-- didn't see much there, but just hanging about the property were some herons and deer. If you like wildlife, definitely check out the Blackwater Wildlife Refuge, a fifteen minute trip from the hotel. We saw quite a few beautiful Bald Eagles there.

Our only complaint about the hotel is the food. We had lunch and appetizers at Michener's and the food was pretty dreadful.

• Liked — Indoor pool, public spaces, water views
  • Disliked — The food in Michener's restaurant
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Managementchesa, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this review, January 27, 2009
Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your food in Michener's, please know we constantly evaluate the menu in our effort to provide a variety of quality food items.

If I can help with any other questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Walpole, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

11/1108
I recently returned from a 5 day stay at the Hyatt at Chesapeake bay. I had never really considered Maryland for a vacation getaway before, but what a pleasant surprise! The hotel itself is impeccable! It is situated on a marina with beautiful views of the bay. I am an early riser so each morning I'd start my day watching a peaceful sunrise from my balcony. I'd then head to the fitness center for my morning workout and I will have to say simply the best hotel workout area I have ever used. Extremely clean and all the equipment up to date. The hotel also has excellent dining options, all the food was great and I really enjoyed the surf and turf at the Blue Point Provision. There is also lots of choices for activities. Indoor-outdoor swimming pool where you can sit under the stars in the warm water and enjoy your beverage of choice or go inside and take in the Dive In Movie. Kids and parents alike, float on rafts and watch movies on the big screen, great fun had by all! There is also a superb golf course on the property, great for all levels depending on the tees that you play and if you appreciate wildlife the course is scattered with deer. I also saw two bald eagles and a fox, pretty amazing! After playing golf and having a nice dinner my favorite thing to do was to hang by the outside fireplace, have a few drinks and swap stories with the other guests. I Met some wonderful people and it seemed the majority of them come back to vacation at the Hyatt every year. It's easy to see why, the rooms are elegant and immaculatly clean, the food is outstanding and the service is exceptional. I very much look forward to my next visit!
jdfit

• Liked — Tremendous setting, great golf and excellent service
  • Disliked — Thoroughly enjoyed the accomadation
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you so much for your positive review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next stay. We are in the process of completing a hotel renovation and I am very excited to hear your comments on your next visit.

Please let me know I can help with any other questions or comments.
Pepperell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2008

I recently visited the Hyatt in Cambridge, Md for a long weekend. I am a golfer and had heard great comments about the course and the rates were reasonable so I booked a long weekend with 3 friends. I also was looking for a spot where I would be able to relax and get away from the stress of my job.

The accommodations were what I would expect from a Hyatt, that is, they were great! The resort, the property and the room were all impeccably clean. The bed was very comfortable and by the end of my stay I was dreading going back to my own bed I was sleeping so well. The room had a fantastic view of the water. Every night a fire is built in an outside fireplace and I was able to sit and enjoy a nice cigar while conversing with fellow guests. I found this to be a great touch and very relaxing. There are many trails to walk along in the resort property which I took advantage of each morning. There is a large indoor pool with a movie screen. There is also a wonderful jacuzzi that is both inside and outside. I travel quite a bit and the gym was one of the best I have ever come across at a resort or a hotel. The machines were state of the art and the area was very clean. There is also a pool table, ping pong table and other games to keep both adults and kids busy during down time.

The food was excellent. One evening we ate at the Blue Point restaurant on the resort. I had the land and sea dish. The scallops were the best I have eaten in a long time. The food at the golf course's 19th hole was also top notch. The cobb salad and the chicken sandwich were my favorites. The service at the course was prompt and the beer was cold, two musts if you are going to play 36 holes which we did one day.

I can't say enough good things about the golf course. I found it to be both challenging but fair. The tee boxes were flat and it excellent condition. The greens were fast and true. The sand traps were also in excellent shape. I have played a lot of golf around the country and would put the 17th and 18th hole of this hole up against any course I have played. The 17th is a long par 3 over the water. There were deer on either side of the green late in the day. Water runs along the 18th hole on the left side of the fairway and the resort is right behind the green. It is a beautiful way to finish a round of golf. The wild life is everywhere. Along with deer being everywhere during the mid to late afternoon we also saw two eagles, fox and other wildlife. I attached a picture of the deer on the 18th hole as well as a picture of myself in front of the hotel.

To sum up.......I would highly recommend this resort!

• Liked — The golf course
  • Disliked — I was happy with my stay
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2008

Well my friends and I went to the Hyatt at Chesapeake Bay for a guys get-a-way golf weekend. We are all busy and tried to get there in peak season, but it worked out to be the last weekend in October. We were told the weather was still good, we were told right.

We arrived Thursday night and checked in, the desk personnel was awesome, bellmen took our bags and the check was smooth!

Got to the rooms and they were immaculate, we has a very spacious suite. We could really spread out and enjoy our selves.

For the next three days we played 36 holes a day, the course was awesome, in great shape and the weather cooperated.

The other amenities in the hotel were just as good, the fitness room, pool, Jacuzzi and especially the huge fireplace outside.

The food and service at the golf course was fantastic and we all bought some great merchandise to take home.

The other restaurants on the grounds were amazing as well. We never left the place!

We will return next year, maybe earlier in the season, but knowing us it may be the same time!

• Liked — Golf course
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

Our second visit to this property - 5 years later and its ready for renovation - which is scheduled for this winter.

The room was nice, and the golf course was great. It was very quiet in late Sept - and the beach restaurant was closed so we ate in the hotel, and it was ok, but nothing special.

Overall, we had a good visit there, but the boat and beach facilities seem to be mostly shut down after the summer season, so golf was the primary option.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

We enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel public areas are generally very attractive, and the rooms are very nice and very clean. Great maid service. The grounds are well kept up. The golf is to die for. I can’t wait to get back to the 8th hole and show it who’s boss! Our big problem was that I have never have had such awful service for dining in any place I have ever stayed. For breakfast we waited 55 minutes to be served our food and then only after having asked our waiter several times and finally talking to the manager. The manager and waiter kept saying they had 15 people walk in at the same time in one party so that threw them off. Ahhh, I don’t think so. Large hotels such as this are prepared to serve as many people as they have tables for. The manager did not charge us for breakfast. But wait! That night we went into the charming Mitchner’s lounge for some wine and a little dinner which they serve there. We ordered nachos. We waited 55 minutes to be served NACHOS (give me a break…how hard can that be?)and then only after having asked our waiter several times and finally talking to the manager. Does this sound familiar? I kept asking the manager what the problem was with the food service in general; he had no explanation…couldn’t be 15 people all ordering nachos at once! He, too, did not charge us. Such gestures go a long way in making you feel that you are in a good hotel…but, let’s be honest, a lovely week-end waiting to eat can make you grumpy!

Would I go back again? In a heart-beat…I’ll just pack a very large lunch-basket. Surely they’ll get their service under control. Besides, there is that 8th hole….

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

I just got back from here, stayed two nights for a work meeting. It's a nice property, the rooms were good size and some probably had great views (I looked out on the driveway and front of the hotel, not the water). The food at the dinner we had was very good, lunch at the golf course restaurant was only OK. The prices for food and drink seemed reasonable, which is nice since you are sort of stuck there without a car (I didn't have a car). The golf course was nice, there are some pretty long carries and if you're not accurate (which I wasn't) you can find a lot of trouble or just lose your ball. We played in 4 hours, wasn't crowded at all which was nice. All and all it's a nice place, and not that hard to get to if you don't have a car (I live in NYC so I don't). I took Amtrak to BWI and then Amtrak has an arrangement with a shuttle company, Bay Runner I believe, that picks you up at the train station and one stop is right at the hotel. Worked very well.

• Liked — Location (views)
  • Disliked — Nothing really, they could update the TVs (many hotels have flat screens, these are sort of old). Minor issue, but I figured I should put something
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina? Share your experiences!