“Very good hotel but for the prices it should have been better.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   100 Heron Boulevard at Route 50, Cambridge, MD 21613   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Md/DC
“Very good hotel but for the prices it should have been better.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Check in was awful due a man of limited English on his first day. He functionally knew nothing and was trying to check in too many people. Not a good way of welcoming those who are paying way too much for a non-Ocean eastern shore hotel. The views are nice of the river but all the jelly fish warnings kind take away any incentive to go there. Nice place if you play golf and generally for kids at the pool. Food is way overpriced with lots of fees added in on top of it.
Needs more than one place for onsite breakfast, the line is nuts in the morning. Once you valet you are kind of stuck.
The kids movie in the indoor pool is good for those of us with kids, but they allow huge plastic rafts in a small pool. Their insurance provider should weigh in and tell them this is a major tragedy/liability waiting to happen. Especially since they sell these things at the hotel!
Overall though we did have a nice yet expensive time and would likely do it again. Don't valet park, and do go out for meals if you can to save on money.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for upgrades on food if you are planning to stay onsite. They still kill you with fees...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
ChesaBayManagement, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We’re glad you appreciated the golf course and pools! Please note that the resort’s pricing falls within the average for AAA Four Diamond destinations. We will be sure to share these thoughts with the management team and hope to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay in the future.
Best Regards,
Christopher Levine
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Our family of 10 including 4 kids btw 21 months-12 yrs old stayed at the Hyatt for a long weekend to celebrate our father's birthday. As a lifetime Diamond member, he has stayed at a lot of Hyatts so had high expectations for this celebration. As far as I could tell, those expectations were met minus a few small hiccups. My sister and I had one of the best spa experiences ever at Sago Spa (see separate review), my partner and I had some of the best room service experiences ever, very family-friendly (also a minus! SO many children), lovely 3 pools, small beach, activities galore, several restaurants, EXCEPTIONAL staff from the valet, to the housekeepers, to the front desk, lovely location in general, though we didn't venture off the property often...the only real minus that I want to mention is being disappointed in the Regency Club. The food/coffee were below expectations at all times and when I entered w/ my baby in my arms @ 7:15am to get a coffee to take back to my room, I was told I had to leave immediately, and that I could not even get a coffee to go. This was beyond ridiculous, and although I knew they had a no kids rule from 7-8am, my baby was in my arms, not saying a word, and there were only 2 other people in the Club. The grumpy older man to turned me away was also rude to the rest of the children in my family during the days that went on. I really couldn't believe I wasn't even allowed to get a coffee to take back to my room when I was standing in front of the coffee machine, 7:15am, baby in arms, obviously not ready to sit & stay there for breakfast. This was the most disappointing part of our weekend, but small potatoes in light of the positives. The rooms are outdated, but exceptionally clean and well maintained. This is not a luxurious 5 star resort but a family-friendly, thought-of-everything, destination. The "lifeguards" were also some of the most unhelpful group of teens I've ever seen. Also, a VERY long drive from NYC. I would definitely recommend a stay of 3 days if coming from NYC.

Room Tip: There are a lot of rooms - 400+ - so I'd suggest ones away from elevators, near the end of the h...
Green Features: I would have LOVED to see designated trash cans in the rooms for recyclables. I didn't notice any real effort to be environmentally-friendly.
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to drive down from Baltimore and check out the Hyatt Cambridge Resort. While we found the pool areas to be nice, very little else met our expectations.

Our gripe list:
-Huge backup at the valet line when we arrived.
-Plain, standard hotel rooms with bland, dated decor.
-Leftover food from prior guests in our mini fridge.
-Makeup stains on the bedding.
-A few fruit flies in the room.
-The food at the poolside restaurant was pre-made boxed sandwiches.
-Thin walls between rooms (and a family with loud kids as our neighbor).
-Understaffed convenience store on site.

Much of this would have been fine if it weren't for the price of rooms, food, and drinks, and if it weren't for this resort's vaunted reputation. The resort is somewhat a victim of its own success - hosting at least two (maybe three) large weddings in a single weekend, as they happened to be doing during our stay, is a challenge. But a well managed facility staffs up for busy times.

Some bright notes - everyone on the staff, especially the valet and bell desk staff, were exceptionally nice and very knowledgeable. The drinks at the poolside bar were good, and the servers poured generously.

Overall, we expected something much nicer from this brand and this location. While you won't have the expansive grounds and all of the on-site amenities of the Hyatt, I recommend you go to Inn at Perry Cabin in St. Michael's if you're looking for a top-notch weekend on Maryland's Eastern Shore and are willing to pay for it.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
ChesaBayManagement, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We certainly agree that issues you had during your stay are not up to our standards and have taken actions steps to further ensure that these experiences are not duplicated moving forward. Also, we very much appreciate you pointing out that our staff was pleasant and helpful. We actively recruit people who show these qualities and further fortify this way of thinking through various trainings. We have seen that these practices impact our guest experience in a positive way and keep our guests coming back time and time again.
Best Regards,
Christopher Levine
Director of Sales & Marketing
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Chesapeake Hyatt has always been a favorite of ours! We go there every year at this time and enjoy every minute! The staff is amazing and the rooms are beautiful. We can do a lot or absolutely nothing!! Our son is in a wheelchair and the staff was very accommodating. Actually there has never been a Hyatt hotel that has NOT been accommodating to us! More hotel chains should take "lessons" from Hyatt!!! See you next year Chesapeake Hyatt!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the main level and each hallway had closed doors to block out the lobby/nightlife noise...
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Spent a lovely weekend at this location. The staff was friendly and service was very good. We were upgraded to a water view room on ck in. The property is located right on the river. We ate at the hotel both nights. Our room was comfortable and spacious. I had a massage at the spa which was great. Cambridge itself however was quite depressed.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view upgrade at ck in. If they aren't booked they will accomadate you
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mount Airy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband & two small children just returned from a 4 day 3 night stay. We were very pleased! Had a room overlooking the water with a sit out balcony. View was amazing & room was very nice! Our small children had a blast as this resort caters to families like no other. Lots of activities for small children. Little make shift beach is decent for small kids. Relaxing for mom & dad too! Food & service was great all around. I definitely recommend this resort. Kids camp was worth the $$ for some time alone for mommy & daddy too!

• Stayed August 2014
Lakewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights, this hyatt is an amazing resort with everything you would need all on property. Beautiful views from the water view rooms , very nice sized rooms and loved the decor . The service throughout our stay was impeccable . There is lots to do without even leaving the resort from many pools indoor/outdoor and poolside drink service , tennis ,volleyball,basketball,billiards,arcades,ping pong.They have all water sports at the marina .Was great to have Starbucks served at the market as well as an ice cream counter .That is to list some of the many amenities . I would highly recommend this place for a relaxing vacation or if your bringing children .

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina? Share your experiences!