My girlfriend and I decided to drive down from Baltimore and check out the Hyatt Cambridge Resort. While we found the pool areas to be nice, very little else met our expectations.
Our gripe list:
-Huge backup at the valet line when we arrived.
-Plain, standard hotel rooms with bland, dated decor.
-Leftover food from prior guests in our mini fridge.
-Makeup stains on the bedding.
-A few fruit flies in the room.
-The food at the poolside restaurant was pre-made boxed sandwiches.
-Thin walls between rooms (and a family with loud kids as our neighbor).
-Understaffed convenience store on site.
Much of this would have been fine if it weren't for the price of rooms, food, and drinks, and if it weren't for this resort's vaunted reputation. The resort is somewhat a victim of its own success - hosting at least two (maybe three) large weddings in a single weekend, as they happened to be doing during our stay, is a challenge. But a well managed facility staffs up for busy times.
Some bright notes - everyone on the staff, especially the valet and bell desk staff, were exceptionally nice and very knowledgeable. The drinks at the poolside bar were good, and the servers poured generously.
Overall, we expected something much nicer from this brand and this location. While you won't have the expansive grounds and all of the on-site amenities of the Hyatt, I recommend you go to Inn at Perry Cabin in St. Michael's if you're looking for a top-notch weekend on Maryland's Eastern Shore and are willing to pay for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the pampering luxury and picturesque landscape of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina. Located on the beautiful Choptank River, Hyatt Chesapeake is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 acres. Our resort offers a wide range of fun recreational activities, including an 18-hole championship golf course, which received a 4 1/2 star rating (out of 5) from Golf Digest. Our acclaimed Sago Spa & Salon boasts 14 treatment rooms providing a complete range of signature Eastern Shore spa treatments. The River Marsh Marina has 150 full service slips that dock upto 150 ft yachts. Other amenities include two outdoor pools, a glass-enclosed Wintergarden pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, private beach with boat/ kayak/Jet Ski rentals, wildlife preserve, four lighted tennis courts, and more.Regional seafood specialties and waterfront views are just two of the attractions at Hyatt Chesapeake's six restaurants and lounges. The property offers 400 luxurious guest rooms. In addition to step-out balconies with magnificent views, each room has 37" flat screen TVs and inviting leather armchairs with ottomans. Come enjoy this luxury waterfront destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa And Marina
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Cambridge
- Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- Hyatt Cambridge
- Hyatt Chesapeake Bay