“Hyatt Regency Chesapeake” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina

You added Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
GreenLeadersBronze level
Waldorf, Maryland
“Hyatt Regency Chesapeake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is not the first time we have been to the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge Md. This is a beautiful place that has all the amenities from fine dining, pool, spa, and is only minutes from old town Cambridge which is a small but eclectic town with some nice shops and a great french bistro. There is also a great list of interesting things to do there which the hotel staff will make sure you know about and help you to enjoy any and all of them. The staff at the Hyatt is second to none. They cater to their guests with the greatest of care and professionism but never forget that personal touch that makes you feel really comfortable there. I would recommend this facility to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Buford, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

One word - disgusting! I have not given this bad of a review to a Hyatt property since I gave a review of the Rickey's Hyatt in Palo Alto in the 1990s - Hyatt faithful that stayed there before it was demolished might remember it as a place that didn't deserve the Hyatt name.

My room was not clean. The bathroom fixtures were not clean; the mirror had toothpaste splatter remaining from the last guest. The marble and faux marble had sticky outlines of a glass from the last guest, where they apparently spilled drinks on the marble. The laminate floors had a sticky substance across the floors and large spots that were thick, such that my slippers squeaked from sticking to the floor with every step. The towels and linens appeared fresh, so I believe the room was cleaned, but I had to clean the counters where I place my toiletries just to feel comfortable. My slippers were so filthy, I had to clean just to pack them. The napkins was black with goop.

The property appeared nice. $157 was an absolutely great price ... couldn't pass the opportunity up. I was actually planning to stay for a good workout, short couple mile run on the property, and then investigate the property as a possible vacation destination for the family. I am MUCH more discriminating when staying at a property with the family than just solo - I would have checked out immediately after seeing this room. However, I didn't enjoy the property; didn't see the facilities, so I apologize if my rating doesn't reflect your possibly great amenities. I have two major requirements for a hotel and in this order: 1) Safe and 2) Clean. The other perks - great workout facility, spa, friendly staff, great restaurants, etc. come after these two basic requirements are met. Rickey's Hyatt did neither; Hyatt Chesapeake Resort at least nailed #1; I felt very safe - kudos to Chesapeake for safety. However, either one missing, not a good night for me. I woke up at 3 AM, and packed my bags. Was out at 4:15AM after having arrived at ~10PM the night before. This 6-hour stay didn't even prompt a "How was your stay?" from the night desk manager. Chesapeake staff, you should be grateful that Hyatt once had a property in Palo Alto, CA. Wait, it's gone now... maybe you are the worst Hyatt property in the chain.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank sshamby
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

A family member booked us all into this hotel for a get-together, and we were hoping for a little adult R&R. No way. This hotel markets itself as "family friendly," and I've never seen a place more overrun with kids. Most families had 3 or 4 kids, who ran screaming in the halls and turned the lovely swimming pool into scary chaos. The outdoor fireplace conversation pit was taken over by kids each evening for marshmallow roasts that lasted well into the evening. Walls seemed unusually thin for a Hyatt because we could hear families in the room above us and to our side. Not conducive to romance & relaxation. For parents, one good thing: if your kids are out of control, they won't stand out at all, so you can relax. Aside from all this kid stuff, we were dismayed when our luggage hadn't been brought up 45 minutes after check-in. We called the front desk to inquire and were told the bellman couldn't figure out which room luggage belonged in (our name was on the ticket), so they put luggage in storage. Doesn't show much initiative to be customer responsive, I'd say. OTOH, we dined at several catered meals in the restaurant/dining rooms and thought the wait staff and cooks were quite good.

Room Tip: Walls and ceilings are thin. Maybe top floor would work better?
3 Thank Bagan
ChesaBayManagement, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback on this recent stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed the dining offerings! Please know the resort strives to offer activities for both couples and families, with a particular focus on holiday weekends, when the resort is at full capacity. We apologize for the issue with the luggage, and we hope to have the opportunity to provide a four-diamond experience in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Cari Ruppert
Associate Director of Sales
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We spent 3 nights here during their "Spring Break Bonanza." - There was plenty for kids [ages 8 -13] to do. Kids loved spending time in the huge indoor pool watching evening movies while swimming was fun. There were TONS of families which worked for us, but if you were looking for a quiet, romantic weekend I do not think this was the week! That being said, I definitely would go back with just the husband any other time of year!!! The Spa was Wonderful and the golf course was great

We stayed on the top [6th] floor and were happy - the ceiling were vaulted and gave feeling of spacious room. Unlike other reviewers, we were not bothered by noise perhaps we got lucky? The two sisters who work at the Bay Country store in the lobby are sisters and sooo delightful while they serve Starbucks and decently priced wraps for lunch.

We spent the afternoons off the grounds - horseback riding at Windy Way Horses and kayaking near Blackwater refuge. Had dinner in Cambridge - Jimmie and Sooks and High Spot - I'd recommend both.

Room Tip: 6th floor/top floor seems best
1 Thank chrstn43
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My family of four and I visited this resort fro their spring break bonanza which has a plethora of events and activities specifically designed for families. We enjoyed the complementary: magic shows, mini golf, moon bounce, volley ball, arcade, video game room, pool side movies and speedy wifi. There is a hotel wide 9pm quiet rule, which made for very restful evenings. And the spa was clean, remote and relaxing. I would definitely go back...this was a great quick get away!

I worked with Kristy with the The Tropical Travelers booking agency to quickly and secure an affordable rate. Kristy was efficient, knowledgeable and accommodating. http://www.thetropicaltravelers.com/author/kristyhall/

6 Thank homemakermama80
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were awakened at 2:30am by hotel personnel vacuuming hallway outside our room. Called front desk, got security who claimed that was not possible. Filed complaint with management, got no response. Toilet leaked. Our room service order was wrong-missing items. Would not go back.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank rosaleeparks
We greatly appreciate feedback and apologize for the room disturbance and with room service. Please know these experiences will be reviewed with our management team so that appropriate steps are taken. We hope to welcome you back to our four-diamond resort in the future.
Warm Regards,
Cari Ruppert
Associate Director of Sales
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We live fairly close to the property, and my brother was married close by and we all stayed here for the weekend for a reception and to relax. It really is a pretty massive property, right on the banks of the Choptank River. The service was very good from all the staff. There are a lot of things to do, yet the food is rather expensive on property. I would venture out a bit to neighboring towns for meals and sights.

• 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Days Inn Cambridge
Days Inn Cambridge
#5 of 6 in Cambridge
3.5 of 5 stars 147 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina? Share your experiences!