No hotel room can function flawlessly 100% of the time, but a hotel staff can. This stay, the room failed, but the staff did excelled.
This was a 2-night weekend getaway stay for my wife, toddler, and me over Presidents' Day (Sat-Mon). Our initial room had a direct bay front balcony and was end-of-hall. We had to switch rooms in the late-evening on day 2 since our heat system kept failing. (It was only blowing cool air the first night...Maintenance came next day to fix it, but when we returned from dinner it had tripped the breaker. Maintenance returned quickly but couldn't immediately resolve the issue.
Well past our toddlers bedtime, we were upgraded to a spectacular corner room, though we ended up having to repack our things and move our own belongings to the other end of the sprawling hotel. (Oh our son enjoyed that process, since he got to stay up late and "ride" across the hotel and through the lobby in the rolling hotel crib. We resettled and awake to a gorgeous view. For all of the trouble, we were given a $100 off our stay.
Wife loved the spa (though many services were not available since she didn't book a few days ahead). Food was great. Inside pool was great ascetically, but was crowded and chilly.
Though bitterly cold and windy, we couldn't help enjoy the outdoor grounds for long walks.
We'd have much-preferred to not need to repack, move, and disrupt our only full day, but things happen, and the management made valiant efforts to remedy the situation. They even sent me a followup email the next business day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the pampering luxury and picturesque landscape of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina. Located on the beautiful Choptank River, Hyatt Chesapeake is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 acres. Our resort offers a wide range of fun recreational activities, including an 18-hole championship golf course, which received a 4 1/2 star rating (out of 5) from Golf Digest. Our acclaimed Sago Spa & Salon boasts 14 treatment rooms providing a complete range of signature Eastern Shore spa treatments. The River Marsh Marina has 150 full service slips that dock upto 150 ft yachts. Other amenities include two outdoor pools, a glass-enclosed Wintergarden pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, private beach with boat/ kayak/Jet Ski rentals, wildlife preserve, four lighted tennis courts, and more.Regional seafood specialties and waterfront views are just two of the attractions at Hyatt Chesapeake's six restaurants and lounges. The property offers 400 luxurious guest rooms. In addition to step-out balconies with magnificent views, each room has 37" flat screen TVs and inviting leather armchairs with ottomans. Come enjoy this luxury waterfront destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa And Marina
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Cambridge
- Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- Hyatt Cambridge
- Hyatt Chesapeake Bay