Bottom-line: lovely resort with great promise;service is spotty and cleanliness is an issue throughout.
Details: we arrived with our little children a few minutes after the advertised check-in time of 4:00 and our room was not ready. The desk person asked us to wait a few steps away, with no offer of a diversion for the kids or parents. After waiting 20 minutes, I approached her for an update, and she said it was ready-no apology.
Because our kids had been waiting patiently since our arrival, I tried to expedite getting them ready to enjoys the hotel's emenities by retrieving my luggage, but I was told it would be in my room right after I got there. After a 15 minute wait, I called the front desk to inquire about my luggage, and was told it would be right up; it arrive 5 minutes later. NOT OFF TO GOOD START.
The room was nicely appointed, in good repair and clean. Everything worked.
We immediately availed our selves of the pool and indoor/outdoor hottub which the kids loved. We took advantage of the pool snack bar and stayed at the pool through the pool movie. The pool and hottube were clean, but the pool deck was gross (clogged deck drains and bits of food). Other than enforcing the hottub no-kids hours (every other hour), the lifeguards were generally unattentive. There was no rhyme or reason as to how many guards were watching the pool and those that were watching weren't paying much attention. The movie in the pool idea is great, but the acoustics need to be fixed - couldn't hear dialogue at all. The snack bar was overpriced, but no more than you'd expect.
The kids activities were more limited than I expected, but the kids had fun.
Brunch was mostly good, but the hot items were luke warm or cold - order the omlete to order, but ask for it a bit wet - mine was overcooked.
We got a discounted rate, so the value wasn't horrible, but I feel like it didn't live up to its reputation at all. It's a huge resort, designed to keep you spending money on-site, but prices weren't too crazy. We might return, but only if we can find a really discounted rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the pampering luxury and picturesque landscape of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina. Located on the beautiful Choptank River, Hyatt Chesapeake is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 acres. Our resort offers a wide range of fun recreational activities, including an 18-hole championship golf course, which received a 4 1/2 star rating (out of 5) from Golf Digest. Our acclaimed Sago Spa & Salon boasts 14 treatment rooms providing a complete range of signature Eastern Shore spa treatments. The River Marsh Marina has 150 full service slips that dock upto 150 ft yachts. Other amenities include two outdoor pools, a glass-enclosed Wintergarden pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, private beach with boat/ kayak/Jet Ski rentals, wildlife preserve, four lighted tennis courts, and more.Regional seafood specialties and waterfront views are just two of the attractions at Hyatt Chesapeake's six restaurants and lounges. The property offers 400 luxurious guest rooms. In addition to step-out balconies with magnificent views, each room has 37" flat screen TVs and inviting leather armchairs with ottomans. Come enjoy this luxury waterfront destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa And Marina
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Cambridge
- Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- Hyatt Cambridge
- Hyatt Chesapeake Bay