Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Just so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The setting is gorgeous and the rooms are nice; on the "resort view" side they are bigger. But the technology and service leave something to be desired. Service in the restaurants was so-so, and neither the Internet nor the TV worked properly. Calling for help just got you switched to some Hyatt call center somewhere else.

Room Tip: Bay side rooms are prettier but smaller and noisier.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ChesaBayManagement, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, as it helps us improve our resort. We truly apologize for any inconvenience you experienced regarding our service and technology during a recent stay at our resort. Please know this information has been passed along to our Director of Food and Beverage and our management team so that the appropriate steps are taken. If you experience similar technology issues during your next stay, please contact the front desk where we can assist you.

Warm Regards,
Cari Ruppert
Associate Director of Sales

952 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Schenectady
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We spent three nights in the Chesapeake Suite for our son's wedding. Except for the delayed check in, I have zero complaints. This is a very nice hotel. The rooms were spotless and comfortable. The staff was very accomodating. The food was actually pretty good. And everyone's wedding day hair from the salon was beautiful (be aware there is an automatic 16% gratuity on the salon bill). Although the only activity we indulged in was golf, there appears to be plenty of fun things to do - this is not a boring resort. Loved the golf.
The Chesapeake suite is hugh - 3 rooms, 3 baths - 1 king, 2 doubles and a LR in between with a pull out sofa. This set up worked well for our wedding purposes, however if we stayed again a regular room or petite suite is plenty big enough.
As for the wedding, I don't think the kids could have chosen a more perfect setting. Consider it a destination wedding. The rehearsal dinner was on the Breakwater Pavilion, the ceremony in the covered pavilion, and the reception in one of the ballrooms. Everything was professional and went incredibly smooth - you can tell they've done this before. Thank you to Molly and all the supporting staff for a very memorable time.
Highly recommend and would love to stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We enjoyed our weekend at the Hyatt. Our room was great (we asked for the government employee rate) and included a large balcony. Unfortunately, we really couldn't use it since it rained all weekend. The facility is very nice. The spa was fab. The pool and activities were fun. The food was okay but we went into town the 2nd night and found really great food there at High Spot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mid Atlantic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We have visited the Hyatt Cambridge at least once every year since it's been open. Have been there as a couple, with dog, and throughout the years with our kids of various ages. Always enjoy it! They have pool, game room, small mini-golf, kayak and jet ski rentals, tennis and golf among other things. My kids love the nightly movies at the pool and making s'mores at the outdoor fireplace

A few things to know:
1) Cambridge is a small town. There is not a lot to do off-property and you will need a car. For non-hotel restaurants, go to Easton (1/2 hour away). It is also not that far from the Maryland beaches.
2) Depending on the time of year, your experiences will vary. We've been there when conventions and weddings have taken over certain public areas, when the place has been sold-out for holidays, and empty in the off-season. Holiday weekends are chockfull of family activities. Winter is usually quiet but the kids love the game room (ping pong etc) and the indoor heated pool which has a waterlevel glass barrier that you can dive/duck to reach the outdoor pool. Call ahead if you want to know what you are in

We try to always eat at the restaurant by the resort's marina, which offers seafood and great views. It's casual and accessed by a shell paved path by the riverfront.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NY/NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at this resort with 4 other families for LDW. We had a memorable trip in 2009 and were excited to return. We all had our own suites which were HUGE and beautifully appointed. Ours had a small balcony and partial water view, it was great. The extra full bathroom, living room and dining table were great pluses and kept the bedroom just for sleeping.
The pool was a bit crowded and used towels were left on chairs, leaving you unsure if it was being saved or was empty. But we were always able to scoop up some chairs and the kids and adults had a blast at the pool and on the water slide. We did not dine on the property aside from the little place by the indoor pool for burgers and fries one afternoon. We had access to the Regency Club which was excellent for breakfast and snacks/drinks throughout the day. It saved us a lot of money and a trip to Walmart by having access.
Don't forget to bring your own fixins for s'mores and your own sticks - we forgot the sticks and purchased some for $1/ea at their shop. One of the workers gave us 3 for free which was great.
The 5th star is lacking because we found a blood stain on the comforter under the duvet and it definitely wasn't from us. This happened when we were checking out after 3 nights there so you can imagine how disgusting we felt knowing that it was right near our faces. The front desk was apologetic and applied Hyatt points to our account. I didn't feel like it was an adequate amount, so I emailed Gold Passport CS and received a timely response from a Director at Chesapeake apologizing and increasing the # of points that we received, which I felt was a fair response.
I would still return to this resort next time, but will definitely do a better check of the room before we settle in.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was there for a wedding and the facility was perfect for the occasion. The views from the grounds was great and the hotel had many inside and outside locations to host the event. When the weather threatened, the ceremony, that was scheduled for the waterfront area, was moved to an outside, covered pavilion and it was very successful. The staff was outstanding during the reception and throughout the event and the host said they were exceptional to deal with etc. They have a very good golf course, they have 3 pools,2 outdoor and 1 indoor, and many other recreational activities. All of the meals we had at restaurants on the premises were excellent
and the staff was great and very attentive. The only downside was the room, it was a "water view king" that had ample space but a modest bathroom with limited counter space and no ventilation.
The ceiling fans were "off for the season" but it would have been a better option than the AC which we ran almost continuously. Still, we enjoyed our stay, it was just that we expected a bit more from the room given the hotel is upscale. Overall, it was a very pleasant weekend and we would return.

Room Tip: There are a few of the "water view" rooms that have balconies with chairs. Some are ground...
Green Features: The have eco friendly choices on menus and room amenities.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Let me first start, by saying the 2 rating is due to the fact that I have been several times to this resort and my expectations were not met. If this had been my first time, I most likely would have rated it higher, due to my lack of awareness. This was my fifth time staying here in over a year. My family and I enjoy coming down for a long weekend or for a long week in the summer. As an adult this is mostly geared towards for families with children. There are children in our family, and we have experienced many of the nice activities that are planned for them. However, if you come without children, it is extremely lacking. Every other time I have come, they have had yoga which I have gone to everyday. However, this trip no yoga. When I asked why, I was told that they did not have enough people to participate. This was very disappointing to me. The outside pools were to cold to go into, and the inside pool was too crowded to enjoy. There is an adult only time, but that is at the crack of dawn. I went to the spa, and have enjoyed it every time. However, this time my massage was lacking. For the amount paid, it was not worth it. We also had the "luxury" of the club room. Again, seeing as how I have been several times before I know what to expect. The food selection was not worth the amount I paid. One of the attendants was very rude, but the others were very nice. She informed us that we would have to wait as she was not done cleaning and we could not have the food as she was not ready. We were not early and in fact were 15 minutes after the time stated on the door. There were children in the area, at another time, and she was very rude to them as well berating their mother for not watching them closely. I was confused as to what she was having an issue with, the little boy was simply picking his fruit. At one point she thought I was his mother and told me that I should not let him pick his food. Very odd. The other attendants were very nice. The food on grounds, is just average and not that exciting. The internet did not work the entire time. It would begin to load and then freeze. If I wanted to use the internet, I had to go to the club room and use it there. I was happy to leave, and then realized that we had been overcharged. After some back and forth it was finally taken off. We stayed for two nights, and I used my two free nights from my Hyatt rewards. I wished I had stayed elsewhere.... Perhaps at a Hyatt Place....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ChesaBayManagement, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
We truly appreciate guest feedback, as it helps us improve our resort. Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay regrets to hear of these experiences during your most recent stay with us. Please know we have passed this information on to our Director of Food and Beverage and Activities Director so that appropriate steps are taken. We pride ourselves on being a true family friendly resort, but also strive to provide an unforgettable experience for adults. For a full list of activities to do sans-children, please visit our website at http://www.hyattregencychesapeakebay.com/activities. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced and hope to provide a four-diamond experience during a future stay at our resort.

Warm Regards,

Cari Ruppert
Associate Director of Sales

Been to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina? Share your experiences!