“Breautiful resort and surroundings” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   100 Heron Boulevard at Route 50, Cambridge, MD 21613   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Midlothian, Virginia
“Breautiful resort and surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was there for a wedding and the facility was perfect for the occasion. The views from the grounds was great and the hotel had many inside and outside locations to host the event. When the weather threatened, the ceremony, that was scheduled for the waterfront area, was moved to an outside, covered pavilion and it was very successful. The staff was outstanding during the reception and throughout the event and the host said they were exceptional to deal with etc. They have a very good golf course, they have 3 pools,2 outdoor and 1 indoor, and many other recreational activities. All of the meals we had at restaurants on the premises were excellent
and the staff was great and very attentive. The only downside was the room, it was a "water view king" that had ample space but a modest bathroom with limited counter space and no ventilation.
The ceiling fans were "off for the season" but it would have been a better option than the AC which we ran almost continuously. Still, we enjoyed our stay, it was just that we expected a bit more from the room given the hotel is upscale. Overall, it was a very pleasant weekend and we would return.

Room Tip: There are a few of the "water view" rooms that have balconies with chairs. Some are ground...
Green Features: The have eco friendly choices on menus and room amenities.

946 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Alexandria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Let me first start, by saying the 2 rating is due to the fact that I have been several times to this resort and my expectations were not met. If this had been my first time, I most likely would have rated it higher, due to my lack of awareness. This was my fifth time staying here in over a year. My family and I enjoy coming down for a long weekend or for a long week in the summer. As an adult this is mostly geared towards for families with children. There are children in our family, and we have experienced many of the nice activities that are planned for them. However, if you come without children, it is extremely lacking. Every other time I have come, they have had yoga which I have gone to everyday. However, this trip no yoga. When I asked why, I was told that they did not have enough people to participate. This was very disappointing to me. The outside pools were to cold to go into, and the inside pool was too crowded to enjoy. There is an adult only time, but that is at the crack of dawn. I went to the spa, and have enjoyed it every time. However, this time my massage was lacking. For the amount paid, it was not worth it. We also had the "luxury" of the club room. Again, seeing as how I have been several times before I know what to expect. The food selection was not worth the amount I paid. One of the attendants was very rude, but the others were very nice. She informed us that we would have to wait as she was not done cleaning and we could not have the food as she was not ready. We were not early and in fact were 15 minutes after the time stated on the door. There were children in the area, at another time, and she was very rude to them as well berating their mother for not watching them closely. I was confused as to what she was having an issue with, the little boy was simply picking his fruit. At one point she thought I was his mother and told me that I should not let him pick his food. Very odd. The other attendants were very nice. The food on grounds, is just average and not that exciting. The internet did not work the entire time. It would begin to load and then freeze. If I wanted to use the internet, I had to go to the club room and use it there. I was happy to leave, and then realized that we had been overcharged. After some back and forth it was finally taken off. We stayed for two nights, and I used my two free nights from my Hyatt rewards. I wished I had stayed elsewhere.... Perhaps at a Hyatt Place....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ChesaBayManagement, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
We truly appreciate guest feedback, as it helps us improve our resort. Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay regrets to hear of these experiences during your most recent stay with us. Please know we have passed this information on to our Director of Food and Beverage and Activities Director so that appropriate steps are taken. We pride ourselves on being a true family friendly resort, but also strive to provide an unforgettable experience for adults. For a full list of activities to do sans-children, please visit our website at http://www.hyattregencychesapeakebay.com/activities. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced and hope to provide a four-diamond experience during a future stay at our resort.

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel reminded me of Kellerman's from Dirty Dancing. The hotel was very pretty, the infinity pool overlooked the Chesapeake Bay. There was so much to do. They have a beautiful golf course, spa, mini golf for kids, indoor and outdoor pool, an arcade, a country store. You name it, they had it. The bar/lounge area was very relaxing with a fireplace. They had activities that scheduled throughout the day to participate in, just like Kellermans. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Bay area.

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Very very nice sprawling resort. Great layout. Gorgeous view of water. Spacious rooms with nice baths (although shower grout needed better cleaning) with nice quality lotions and extras upon request. I had no problem with noise from hall or between rooms but colleague mentioned issue with noise issue from room next door. Great service and food. Was there for cold rainy weekend. Hotel was really stuffy. Humid seemingly non conditioned halls. Room stuffy as well. Gym was quite well equipped but again stuffy and hot. Front desk not staffed well at check out.

Would I stay again? Absolutely. Really hope they address few bothersome detas ils I mentioned though.

• Stayed October 2013
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay appreciates guest feedback and thanks you for the positive feedback of our resort. Please know we have passed this review along to our management team so that these bothersome details are addressed and appropriate steps are taken. Our team apologizes for any experience that was less than four-diamond and hopes to welcome you back to our resort again soon.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My sister and I was here on a business retreat. This place was very nice and cozy. Rooms were nice, clean and bedding was great for sleeping. Good food and staff was very friendly. Will recommend for a nice getaway.

• Stayed October 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and had a wonderful holiday a year and half ago here and were eager for a return visit. Maybe our memory was overly positive or this property is having some issues. Unfortunately we had a suite before and only a standard waterfront room was available this time which definitely downgraded our experience.
Something happened to the flooring in the lobby area to the left. What had been a beautiful corridor now has mildewed floors. It's gross looking. Our room 5207 was ordinary which could be overlooked except the flooring was gouged and cut up. I thought a rock band had stayed there until I heard the refrigerator's death rattle. I bet a guest just wanted the fridge to stop banging and pulled out the bar cabinet to pull the plug in the middle of the night.
When we arrived we were treated nicely and we asked about local restaurants off-property. We were referred to Jimmie and Sooks in Cambridge (which was nasty.) The hotel was loaded with (loaded) wedding guests which made sense on a holiday weekend and was amusing until the bars closed at 2 am and the hallways slammed and yelled to life.
The pool was crowded with kids and unswimmable, chuckee cheeze by-the-sea, Several on property restaurants were closed and what was open appeared to have Tvs blaring with football games.
I understand resort properties fulfill many needs and in fact this resort has met mine in the past. This level of bad maintenance and guest behavior at this price point and I doubt my wife and I will be back. Best western at 1/3 the rate would be a better choice.
Oh, this is petty but I prepaid for breakfast. We ordered the buffet and 2 coffees. Somehow we overspent our "allowance" by $2.92. You need to understand how lame it is too have prearranged and prepaid a fun getaway with your wife only to be scolded at the front desk for $2.92. It was embarrassing. $2.92 is what makes or breaks Hyatt?

Room Tip: Don't stay if you can't get a suite
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We greatly appreciate guest feedback and regret to hear about your dissatisfaction during a recent stay at our resort. Please know we are taking this information and reviewing it with the management team to ensure that the appropriate steps are taken. Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay apologizes for any inconvenience you experienced and hopes to be able to provide a four-diamond resort experience for you and your wife in the future.

DC, Beirut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt in August 2013. It was much nicer than we had expected. The hotel isDog Friendly and they gave us a room on the ground floor overlooking the Golf Course. The room was really large and being on the ground floor was ideal since we could just open the sliding door and go out to walk our dog.

The grounds are very nice overlooking the water with plenty of nice places to sit and take in the view. Our only complaint is the restaurant--its not a restaurant that is Vegetarian friendly or that has many healthy options. Also the water pressure in the shower could be better.

Overall I really enjoyed the property and would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina? Share your experiences!