“Paid $407 for One Night” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina

You added Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   100 Heron Boulevard at Route 50, Cambridge, MD 21613   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Owings Mills, Maryland
“Paid $407 for One Night”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

For that kind of money, I expected much much more. Don't get me wrong, the staff was very pleasant and every one had a smile. Our room was large and we got a top floor (as we requested) but it was facing the driveway to the lobby. Oh well. My husband walked across the room in his socks and the bottoms of the socks were covered with long blond hairs. There were also long hairs in the by the tub in the bathroom. As both my husband and myself have very short hair - I know it wasn't ours. The makeup mirror did not work. The tall lamp in the corner did not work. And our Eggs Benedict was so bland it was sad. We had to pay a resort fee of $20 and couldn't even get in the hot tub because of all the small children. I know it is a family resort but holy cow - as a couple looking for a romantic getaway - FORGET IT. The staff tried to control the kids - as parents were no where to be found (REALLY). They have a adult pool - but kids (young ones) were in that one also. I will never be back - even if it was free - but they were busy enough that they could care less it we returned.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ChesaBayManagement, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay truly regrets to hear of these experiences. Please note that we are passing these comments on to our Director of Rooms and Director of Recreation so that appropriate steps are taken. Please know that while we pride ourselves on being a family friendly property, we strive to provide opportunities for adults to relax away from families, such as our seasonal, adults-only restaurant; as well as offering adults-only hours with several of our amenities. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future for a four-diamond resort experience.

Best Regards,
Cari Ruppert
Associate Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Rockville, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We enjoyed a fabulous 2 night stay in Cambridge, maryland recently. The views from the room were fabulous, and the room was very comfortable. The staff were helpful and friendly without being pushy. Both the indoor and outdoor pools were clean and very enjoyable. My wife and I strolled the grounds in the morning and evening, and all the trails and path were well maintained. We saw many children enjoying the water slide and childrens pool.

Room Tip: It seems to me that all the rooms have good views, but the water side views were spectacular.
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

couldn't remember if I did this so...We usually like to stay in a place where we can do a lot of walking around and sight seeing. Our favorite place to stay has been the hyatt in newport, RI and we love cities. But last summer I just wanted to hang. This hotel was wonderful. Right on the water (being on water is my favorite thing). We played tennis, beach volleyball, kayaked, drank wonderful tropical drinks by the pool, had some fantastic (albeit expensive) meals and even drove into a few charming towns. I paid for my son and a visiting friend to play golf on a beautiful golf course and that wasn't outrageously expensive - and no one complained about them being quite the beginners. The hotel room was gorgeous!
I would definitely return when I need this kind of very relaxing vacation again - which may be quite soon! We visited in August 2012 but the dropdown won't let me go back that far.

Room Tip: We thought we were getting a balcony, but it really wasn't something you could even stand on. I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Been here twice for company retreats and it's been good both times. Rooms are nice sized and facilities are clean and up to date. Food was decent. Service was great.

Lots of nooks and crannies for smaller focus and group meetings. Outdoor areas which are covered for group activities in inclement weather. The conference room acoustics need some dampening as it can get pretty loud.

If you have kids, this is looks like a great resort a short 2 1/2 hours from DC. Out door pools. Indoor pool. Lot's of room to run around.

Haven't tried the golf and other facilities.

Room Tip: River view puts you looking over the pools. Get a higher room towards the end.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my fourth time at this resort, obviously I think it's terrific. The rooms are quite large and comfortably furnished. The bed was super comfortable. The resort has wonderful activites, including two large outdoor pools (one with features geared to children), as well as a very large indoor pool, which makes the resort a destination even in cold weather. There's a large and well-equipped fitness room, a game room with a ping pong table and air hockey table, etc. Also a golf course on the premises, one can see the course from many of the hotel rooms. During the summer there are various water sports available, like boats for rent. One can also ride bikes or do nature walks on the resort's acreage. One of the best things about the resort is a wonderful spa, I had the best facial of my life there, and I've been to many high-end spas in New York and DC.

I should mention that, while there is a small sand area just next to the river, I would not call this a beach resort, so if you are looking for a beach with ocean kind of place, this isn't for you.

During the summer there are lots of children's activities, and children. My preference is to come here during the week and/or when school is in session, and it's more tranquil. I love sitting in a lounge chair at the pool, looking at the river (which is very wide here) just beyond, and relaxing.

The hotel is kept very clean. There is maid service twice a day, and one can see staff cleaning and picking up things throughout the facility. The staff goes out of their way to be helpful and friendly.

The resort has lots of public areas where one can just sit and relax or read a book. Even though, for one of the nights we were there, the hotel was sold out, it didn't feel overly crowded. Lounge chairs were still available at or near the pool.

There are some great restaurants a short drive from the resort, so I haven't eaten in the hotel restaurants.

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Some rooms have full balconies, if that is important to you. The Regency Club lounge serves a contin...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Hyatt Chesapeake is one of the best boating destinations on the Chesapeake and particularly good for families.

If you stay in the marina, you have access to all of the amenities of the resort, which include three swimming pools, golf, spa, etc.

We loved the "Dive In" movie theater in the pool, great fun for everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a fabulous resort - it's heavily geared toward families with children, but I was travelling with my 85 yr. old parents and we had a simply delightful time -- the staff made every effort to accommodate my Mom's wheelchair opening doors, loading the chair into the car, greeting my parents with big, welcoming smiles...). My Mom had a wonderful afternoon at the Spa and my Dad opened the Country Market store each morning because he loves his Starbucks.
The rooms are excellent - relaxing and airy and I recommend paying the little bit more for a water view. The beds are just great for sleeping! The facility is very large and nicely landscaped and with the number of pools/restaurants/activities, you could either choose to simply check in and never leave the property for the length of your stay or use it as we did, a great base to use for day trips out to St Michaels and the other sweet Chesapeake towns. Can't recommend this Hyatt enough - yes, it's a bit pricey, but you won't be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Spend a bit more and get a "water view" room - they're on the higher floors and the br...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina? Share your experiences!