“Beautiful Views and Rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   100 Heron Boulevard at Route 50, Cambridge, MD 21613   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Beautiful Views and Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We enjoyed a fabulous 2 night stay in Cambridge, maryland recently. The views from the room were fabulous, and the room was very comfortable. The staff were helpful and friendly without being pushy. Both the indoor and outdoor pools were clean and very enjoyable. My wife and I strolled the grounds in the morning and evening, and all the trails and path were well maintained. We saw many children enjoying the water slide and childrens pool.

Room Tip: It seems to me that all the rooms have good views, but the water side views were spectacular.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

927 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

couldn't remember if I did this so...We usually like to stay in a place where we can do a lot of walking around and sight seeing. Our favorite place to stay has been the hyatt in newport, RI and we love cities. But last summer I just wanted to hang. This hotel was wonderful. Right on the water (being on water is my favorite thing). We played tennis, beach volleyball, kayaked, drank wonderful tropical drinks by the pool, had some fantastic (albeit expensive) meals and even drove into a few charming towns. I paid for my son and a visiting friend to play golf on a beautiful golf course and that wasn't outrageously expensive - and no one complained about them being quite the beginners. The hotel room was gorgeous!
I would definitely return when I need this kind of very relaxing vacation again - which may be quite soon! We visited in August 2012 but the dropdown won't let me go back that far.

Room Tip: We thought we were getting a balcony, but it really wasn't something you could even stand on. I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Been here twice for company retreats and it's been good both times. Rooms are nice sized and facilities are clean and up to date. Food was decent. Service was great.

Lots of nooks and crannies for smaller focus and group meetings. Outdoor areas which are covered for group activities in inclement weather. The conference room acoustics need some dampening as it can get pretty loud.

If you have kids, this is looks like a great resort a short 2 1/2 hours from DC. Out door pools. Indoor pool. Lot's of room to run around.

Haven't tried the golf and other facilities.

Room Tip: River view puts you looking over the pools. Get a higher room towards the end.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my fourth time at this resort, obviously I think it's terrific. The rooms are quite large and comfortably furnished. The bed was super comfortable. The resort has wonderful activites, including two large outdoor pools (one with features geared to children), as well as a very large indoor pool, which makes the resort a destination even in cold weather. There's a large and well-equipped fitness room, a game room with a ping pong table and air hockey table, etc. Also a golf course on the premises, one can see the course from many of the hotel rooms. During the summer there are various water sports available, like boats for rent. One can also ride bikes or do nature walks on the resort's acreage. One of the best things about the resort is a wonderful spa, I had the best facial of my life there, and I've been to many high-end spas in New York and DC.

I should mention that, while there is a small sand area just next to the river, I would not call this a beach resort, so if you are looking for a beach with ocean kind of place, this isn't for you.

During the summer there are lots of children's activities, and children. My preference is to come here during the week and/or when school is in session, and it's more tranquil. I love sitting in a lounge chair at the pool, looking at the river (which is very wide here) just beyond, and relaxing.

The hotel is kept very clean. There is maid service twice a day, and one can see staff cleaning and picking up things throughout the facility. The staff goes out of their way to be helpful and friendly.

The resort has lots of public areas where one can just sit and relax or read a book. Even though, for one of the nights we were there, the hotel was sold out, it didn't feel overly crowded. Lounge chairs were still available at or near the pool.

There are some great restaurants a short drive from the resort, so I haven't eaten in the hotel restaurants.

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Some rooms have full balconies, if that is important to you. The Regency Club lounge serves a contin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Hyatt Chesapeake is one of the best boating destinations on the Chesapeake and particularly good for families.

If you stay in the marina, you have access to all of the amenities of the resort, which include three swimming pools, golf, spa, etc.

We loved the "Dive In" movie theater in the pool, great fun for everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a fabulous resort - it's heavily geared toward families with children, but I was travelling with my 85 yr. old parents and we had a simply delightful time -- the staff made every effort to accommodate my Mom's wheelchair opening doors, loading the chair into the car, greeting my parents with big, welcoming smiles...). My Mom had a wonderful afternoon at the Spa and my Dad opened the Country Market store each morning because he loves his Starbucks.
The rooms are excellent - relaxing and airy and I recommend paying the little bit more for a water view. The beds are just great for sleeping! The facility is very large and nicely landscaped and with the number of pools/restaurants/activities, you could either choose to simply check in and never leave the property for the length of your stay or use it as we did, a great base to use for day trips out to St Michaels and the other sweet Chesapeake towns. Can't recommend this Hyatt enough - yes, it's a bit pricey, but you won't be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Spend a bit more and get a "water view" room - they're on the higher floors and the br...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Central NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This Hyatt is a beautiful, relaxing resort that especially caters to families. There are 3 awesome big pools (1 indoor & 2 outdoor pools - the family pool has a small water slide), outdoor fireplace where your kids can roast marshmallows / Smores at night, miniature golf, arcade and a beach volleyball court. Also, if you like to golf this resort is right on a golf course. There were several dining options at the resort. The restaurants that we tried were good, however as expected from a resort were pricey. We were there for 2 nights / 3 days. One of the days we put our kids in Camp Hyatt for the day, so that my wife and I could relax without them. Both of my kids really enjoyed Camp Hyatt. My only negatives are that were received a standard room. The standard rooms come with 2 double beds in lieu of queen size beds. My wife and I aren't big people; and we thought they were a little small. The other negative was when we first walked into our bathroom, it had hairs and dust in the corners of the room. The hotel rectified this issue right away by sending up house cleaning pretty fast. Finally, if you're looking for a real nice resort to visit to relax for a few days, I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina? Share your experiences!