This was my fourth time at this resort, obviously I think it's terrific. The rooms are quite large and comfortably furnished. The bed was super comfortable. The resort has wonderful activites, including two large outdoor pools (one with features geared to children), as well as a very large indoor pool, which makes the resort a destination even in cold weather. There's a large and well-equipped fitness room, a game room with a ping pong table and air hockey table, etc. Also a golf course on the premises, one can see the course from many of the hotel rooms. During the summer there are various water sports available, like boats for rent. One can also ride bikes or do nature walks on the resort's acreage. One of the best things about the resort is a wonderful spa, I had the best facial of my life there, and I've been to many high-end spas in New York and DC.
I should mention that, while there is a small sand area just next to the river, I would not call this a beach resort, so if you are looking for a beach with ocean kind of place, this isn't for you.
During the summer there are lots of children's activities, and children. My preference is to come here during the week and/or when school is in session, and it's more tranquil. I love sitting in a lounge chair at the pool, looking at the river (which is very wide here) just beyond, and relaxing.
The hotel is kept very clean. There is maid service twice a day, and one can see staff cleaning and picking up things throughout the facility. The staff goes out of their way to be helpful and friendly.
The resort has lots of public areas where one can just sit and relax or read a book. Even though, for one of the nights we were there, the hotel was sold out, it didn't feel overly crowded. Lounge chairs were still available at or near the pool.
There are some great restaurants a short drive from the resort, so I haven't eaten in the hotel restaurants.
We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the pampering luxury and picturesque landscape of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina. Located on the beautiful Choptank River, Hyatt Chesapeake is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 acres. Our resort offers a wide range of fun recreational activities, including an 18-hole championship golf course, which received a 4 1/2 star rating (out of 5) from Golf Digest. Our acclaimed Sago Spa & Salon boasts 14 treatment rooms providing a complete range of signature Eastern Shore spa treatments. The River Marsh Marina has 150 full service slips that dock upto 150 ft yachts. Other amenities include two outdoor pools, a glass-enclosed Wintergarden pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, private beach with boat/ kayak/Jet Ski rentals, wildlife preserve, four lighted tennis courts, and more.Regional seafood specialties and waterfront views are just two of the attractions at Hyatt Chesapeake's six restaurants and lounges. The property offers 400 luxurious guest rooms. In addition to step-out balconies with magnificent views, each room has 37" flat screen TVs and inviting leather armchairs with ottomans. Come enjoy this luxury waterfront destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa And Marina
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Cambridge
- Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- Hyatt Cambridge
- Hyatt Chesapeake Bay