The Hyatt has a beautiful setting and expansive grounds. It is very family friendly, with numerous pools, onsite (and no addt'l charge) minigolf, ping pool and pool tables, game room, etc... It also has lots of banquet space, settings for picturesque events, restaurant options, and fairly recent construction so it's in decent shape.
We were there for a one night stay so didn't use everything. The spa looks to be fairly high end (very much priced at city levels, nothing rural about the cost) but I didn't use any services. The grounds are very well-maintained, and the location is incredibly peaceful.
The concierge staff were extremely helpful and responsive.
Among the less positive aspects (or at least - things to know before you go), the majority of the rooms have "step out" balconies. This means a balcony that is only about a foot deep, built with metal bars (not solid bottom). So no lounging on the balcony watching the water unless you spring for a suite. We were in a very quiet section of the hotel, but it also may have been the section where they locate guests w/ pets. We saw a few dogs during out stay, but we certainly smelled pets in the hall approaching our room. You knew right away it was a pet friendly hotel, and not in a good way.
The front desk staff were not as the same level of polish and helpfulness as the concierge staff. They were straightforward and polite, but not especially guest service oriented or helpful.
If I were looking for a great, easy family vacation where the kids had options without the adults having to schedule every minute this would be a great choice. It's probably terrific for big family weddings or events of that nature also.
If I were looking for a romantic waterside getaway I'd probably go somewhere else.
Nearby are wildlife preserves, great restaurants, farmers markets, etc...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the pampering luxury and picturesque landscape of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina. Located on the beautiful Choptank River, Hyatt Chesapeake is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 acres. Our resort offers a wide range of fun recreational activities, including an 18-hole championship golf course, which received a 4 1/2 star rating (out of 5) from Golf Digest. Our acclaimed Sago Spa & Salon boasts 14 treatment rooms providing a complete range of signature Eastern Shore spa treatments. The River Marsh Marina has 150 full service slips that dock upto 150 ft yachts. Other amenities include two outdoor pools, a glass-enclosed Wintergarden pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, private beach with boat/ kayak/Jet Ski rentals, wildlife preserve, four lighted tennis courts, and more.Regional seafood specialties and waterfront views are just two of the attractions at Hyatt Chesapeake's six restaurants and lounges. The property offers 400 luxurious guest rooms. In addition to step-out balconies with magnificent views, each room has 37" flat screen TVs and inviting leather armchairs with ottomans. Come enjoy this luxury waterfront destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa And Marina
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Cambridge
- Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- Hyatt Cambridge
- Hyatt Chesapeake Bay