We decided to spend a weekend getaway at this resort since it only takes us less than 2 hours driving from Fairfax, VA.
We booked online for the weekend of May 4th, 2013. The online service is pretty good. We can check in / out online too.
We arrived the hotel around 1:00 P.M. but our room was ready to check in even the official check in time is 4:00 PM as stated on their website. (on the way there, we received email to confirm that our room is ready with room number too. *sweet*)
This hotel / resort locates in a not crowdy location. Across it, there is Walmart, a small movie theater, and some several small restaurants and shops. Not too far from it, (toward west of route 50) more stores, banks, gas stations and foods.
The resort is very nice and clean. Staffs are friendly and polite. Our room was at the corner, therefore it has "corner balcony" L shape around the room, which is awesome (i.e. more space for sitting area) Room is spacious (king size bed) clean, nice layout. Room has a small refrigerator, flat screen TV (not too many channels though), free wifi. Bathroom is spacious, double sinks, marble, nice clean tub with shampoo, hair condition, "massage soap bar" and spa lotion.
The resort has 2 outdoor pools and 1 small indoor pool mainly for kids. It was cold and windy when we were there, we cannot enjoy the pool much. Resort locates at the shore of the bay (not beach) they have a small "beach" section next to the pool with chairs.
Gym is nice, not too big but enough for doing some fitness workouts. There is also a small play room with arcades. Kid love this.
Restaurants: pricy but nice view. Food is OK. We booked them with AAA so we got free breakfast. (breakfast is nice) We had sea food dinner at the Ocean Odyssey Restaurant, not too far from the resort. (crab cake is very good)
Parking: they offer valet parking with extra $5 which we used. The service is very good and kind.
We had good time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the pampering luxury and picturesque landscape of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina. Located on the beautiful Choptank River, Hyatt Chesapeake is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 acres. Our resort offers a wide range of fun recreational activities, including an 18-hole championship golf course, which received a 4 1/2 star rating (out of 5) from Golf Digest. Our acclaimed Sago Spa & Salon boasts 14 treatment rooms providing a complete range of signature Eastern Shore spa treatments. The River Marsh Marina has 150 full service slips that dock upto 150 ft yachts. Other amenities include three outdoor pools, a glass-enclosed Wintergarden pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, private beach with boat/ kayak/Jet Ski rentals, wildlife preserve, four lighted tennis courts, and more.Regional seafood specialties and waterfront views are just two of the attractions at Hyatt Chesapeake's six restaurants and lounges. In 2009, all 400 of our luxurious guest rooms, including 56 suites, were completely refurnished. In addition to step-out balconies with magnificent views, each room has 37" flat screen TVs and inviting leather armchairs with ottomans. Come enjoy this luxury waterfront destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, TIG Global, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa And Marina
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Cambridge
- Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- Hyatt Cambridge
- Hyatt Chesapeake Bay