Stayed for one night at the Hyatt Chesapeake Resort with my three kids. We greatly enjoyed our short break from school and work. The resort has a golf course, but the attraction for us was its excellent indoor swimming pool. Personally, I usually don't like Indoor pools, but this Hyatt has an exceptional indoor pool. Lots of light, high glass ceiling, and not the musty smell of most indoor pools. It was a warm day and we discovered, that even the walls around the pool open up to let in direct access to the grounds and a great view of the Choptank river.
We dined one night at the resort's Blue Point seafood restaurant, which is about one-third of a mile from the main resort. The seaford here was fresh and enjoyed by all. Service, here as elsewhere on the property was first rate. For the next morning we had the breakfast buffet in the main dining room which was the only disappointment of the stay. The food was just average at best, although service was good. In hindsight we should have avoided the breakfast buffet and chosen the omelet station, which looked good.
I really think this is the best hotel/ resort on the Delmarva Peninsula. Much better than any property in Ocean City or the other beach areas. I highly recommend the Hyatt Chesapeake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the pampering luxury and picturesque landscape of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina. Located on the beautiful Choptank River, Hyatt Chesapeake is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 acres. Our resort offers a wide range of fun recreational activities, including an 18-hole championship golf course, which received a 4 1/2 star rating (out of 5) from Golf Digest. Our acclaimed Sago Spa & Salon boasts 14 treatment rooms providing a complete range of signature Eastern Shore spa treatments. The River Marsh Marina has 150 full service slips that dock upto 150 ft yachts. Other amenities include three outdoor pools, a glass-enclosed Wintergarden pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, private beach with boat/ kayak/Jet Ski rentals, wildlife preserve, four lighted tennis courts, and more.Regional seafood specialties and waterfront views are just two of the attractions at Hyatt Chesapeake's six restaurants and lounges. In 2009, all 400 of our luxurious guest rooms, including 56 suites, were completely refurnished. In addition to step-out balconies with magnificent views, each room has 37" flat screen TVs and inviting leather armchairs with ottomans. Come enjoy this luxury waterfront destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity and TIG Global so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa And Marina
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Cambridge
- Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- Hyatt Cambridge
- Hyatt Chesapeake Bay