“Eastern Shore Luxery” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
GreenLeadersBronze level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Eastern Shore Luxery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed in December and even in the winter, this property is awesome. In fact, it was quiet which made it an even more enjoyable weekend retreat. The grounds are perfectly kept, service was excellent and welcomed us with a 'check in mojito' -- rooms are nice, won't blow your mind, but clean, cared for furnishings. They had a nautical feel to them. Good restaurant options, huge portions and quick room service. 3 pools (one indoor). Outdoors they offer small beach to sunbath (although too cold for us), golf course and marshmallow roasting after dark!

Room Tip: You want to be in the Chop Tank RIver side/manor lawn side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

854 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was my first time visiting this resort and will definitely not be my last! We arrived Sunday evening for a 5 night stay. Our days were filled with training seminars but our evenings were complete with fun. We spent our evenings in front of the fireplace in the lobby bar sipping the very best Sangria's ever (Diamond Sangria). The atmosphere was extremely relaxing.
The spa was perfect. As a testimony to just how much it was enjoyed, several colleagues continued to return for service after service: facials; pedicures; hot stone massage; and the deep tissue massage all received high praise.
We also utilized the gym 3x during our stay. It was clean; fresh towels and filtered water were readily available. And, of course, the view was spectacular.
We ate at the hotel too: the crab caesar salad was my favorite.

The hotel store was great too. They sell Starbucks products and Edy's ice cream, as well as other fun goodies. They sell s'mores kits which we bought and used one evening at the outdoor fire pit. Total FUN!!

The food prices are a bit high but the rooms do include refrigerators. I suggest you bring some items with you to help with the cost of eating. Microwaves are also available for a per day cost.

Dominoes delivers to the hotel! I rode the elevator with a delivery person; he said they deliver to the room; the pool..pretty much wherever which I think is extremely cool on the part of the hotel.

The indoor pool was a big hit. I didn't use it but it looked really nice. They offered "dive in movies:" people in the hot tub and pool could enjoy family-friendly movies shown on a large movie screen.

I left wanting to come back...I hear there are tons of other fun outdoor activities too. Including a mini gold course; a regular golf course; and the outdoor pool.

Room Tip: I was in room 4207 which was a beautiful view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Urbana, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I took our 7 month son for a weekend getaway to this hotle. We wanted to go somewhere with a nice environment and a good indoor pool. We have stayed there before and new that we would get just this. We were greeted with big smiles and a free upgrade. The breakfast buffet has everything you may want for breakfast and the staff was very kind and understand-especially since our son was just starting to use his voice more- at a very loud level. Very accommodating. the place is clean and offers many acitivities for the entire family. i hppe to return when my son is older so he can join in all the games they offer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Last night , I looked and the bed and breakfast package for my husband and myself for the last weekend in April. . It showed me a king size water view. Price per night including breakfast and late check out. The rate was 213.xx per night plus taxes and fees. The total was to be aprox. $525.00 give or take. I would need to prepay 1 night in advance. I didn't have my credit card handy so I decided to finish it in the morning. This morning all of a sudden the samee package is 279.00 per night or 224.00 per night paying both nights in advance. I called the hotel directly and spoke to two different people who were at best condescending or implied that I was apparently having hallucinations , lying or don't know what I was talking about. Wow, that certainly puts a different spin on a weekend end getaway. I guess I'll look at the National Harbor or Baltimore inner harbor area. Regardless of where we decide I doubt it will be a Hyatt property.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ChesaBayManagement, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We apologize for the experience had while booking a trip to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay. The $213 per night is a pre-pay and stay rate. It requires prepayment and includes the room only. If preferred dates are input on the website again, this rate should pop-up again. The Bed and Breakfast is a package that includes accommodations, daily breakfast for two, and late check-out, which is why the rates are slightly higher. Again, we apologize for the confusion over which rate/package was referred to. We would be happy to assist further as needed. And, please know we appreciate interest in our resort.

Warm Regards,
Cari Ruppert
Associate Director of Sales
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was impressed driving up to the resort in Cambridge, MD... looked like we were going to a Disney resort since it was massive. Of course, this is a good and bad thing... great that there were so many amenities, but sometimes it's nice to go to a smaller, more intimate hotel. Parking was really far from the actual hotel, but we were able to drive up to the front to get our stuff up and use a rolling garment rack.

We got the AAA rate with breakfast for two in Feb for less than $150... not too bad. But once the hotel fees and taxes were included, the rate went up to almost $200.

The hotel had a mix of kids and adults... but since we were on a girls' weekend, I would have preferred more adults and less kids! There was an indoor pool, a bunch of conference rooms, a game room, a gym, a spa and a few restaurants along with a gorgeous view. My friends got smores in the evening, and we sat near the bar in the lobby. The only problem was we wanted to play mah jongg in the lobby, and there was really no place to play. I would think a hotel this large has more public areas.

In the morning, I went to the gym which was surprisingly crowded for 7am on a Sunday morning (again, one of the drawbacks of a hotel this large). The hotel didn't have that many pieces of equipment... someone was waiting when I got off the treadmill... and there was one TV in the corner... hard to see when you're on a treadmill. However, there were cold facecloths, which was a nice touch.

We attempted to go to breakfast at 9:30, but there was a 45 minute wait despite the dining room only being half full. Yikes! We were able to get the breakfast buffet to go. My only other complaint were the double beds which were REALLY small when you're sleeping with a friend.

All in all, a good trip, and despite the drawbacks, I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
We truly appreciate the feedback and are so glad to hear about the positive experiences at the resort. We pride ourselves on being a family friendly resort, but recognize that it can be more chaotic and sometimes popular areas can crowd on peak days. Our team has recently implemented services and special hours for ‘adult-only’ time and space. And, we are continuing to strategically offer a variety of dining options to prevent wait times. We hope to welcome you back soon to our four-diamond resort.
Warm Regards,
Cari Ruppert
Associate Director of Sales
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

A family birthday celebration took us to the Hyatt for a March weekend. We were five adults and five children ages 5-12. Everyone had a wonderful time. This is a beautiful place on the Chesapeake Bay near Cambridge, Maryland, two short hours from the Washington, DC area, ideal for a winter family vacation with the most beautiful indoor pool imaginable, a spacious game room, miniature golf, a fireplace to make s'mores in the evening. For adults, a gorgeous spa. In season, there are many pools, golf courses and tennis courts. The food is excellent and the staff lovely. We are eager to return in the summer.

Room Tip: Request a water view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My family really enjoys going here. Great place to take kids. Beautiful location and amazing indoor pool. On some weekends, kids get to watch a movie while they are in the swimming pool. Lots of fun things to do and food at the hotel is very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina? Share your experiences!