I was impressed driving up to the resort in Cambridge, MD... looked like we were going to a Disney resort since it was massive. Of course, this is a good and bad thing... great that there were so many amenities, but sometimes it's nice to go to a smaller, more intimate hotel. Parking was really far from the actual hotel, but we were able to drive up to the front to get our stuff up and use a rolling garment rack.
We got the AAA rate with breakfast for two in Feb for less than $150... not too bad. But once the hotel fees and taxes were included, the rate went up to almost $200.
The hotel had a mix of kids and adults... but since we were on a girls' weekend, I would have preferred more adults and less kids! There was an indoor pool, a bunch of conference rooms, a game room, a gym, a spa and a few restaurants along with a gorgeous view. My friends got smores in the evening, and we sat near the bar in the lobby. The only problem was we wanted to play mah jongg in the lobby, and there was really no place to play. I would think a hotel this large has more public areas.
In the morning, I went to the gym which was surprisingly crowded for 7am on a Sunday morning (again, one of the drawbacks of a hotel this large). The hotel didn't have that many pieces of equipment... someone was waiting when I got off the treadmill... and there was one TV in the corner... hard to see when you're on a treadmill. However, there were cold facecloths, which was a nice touch.
We attempted to go to breakfast at 9:30, but there was a 45 minute wait despite the dining room only being half full. Yikes! We were able to get the breakfast buffet to go. My only other complaint were the double beds which were REALLY small when you're sleeping with a friend.
All in all, a good trip, and despite the drawbacks, I'd definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the pampering luxury and picturesque landscape of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina. Located on the beautiful Choptank River, Hyatt Chesapeake is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 acres. Our resort offers a wide range of fun recreational activities, including an 18-hole championship golf course, which received a 4 1/2 star rating (out of 5) from Golf Digest. Our acclaimed Sago Spa & Salon boasts 14 treatment rooms providing a complete range of signature Eastern Shore spa treatments. The River Marsh Marina has 150 full service slips that dock upto 150 ft yachts. Other amenities include two outdoor pools, a glass-enclosed Wintergarden pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, private beach with boat/ kayak/Jet Ski rentals, wildlife preserve, four lighted tennis courts, and more.Regional seafood specialties and waterfront views are just two of the attractions at Hyatt Chesapeake's six restaurants and lounges. The property offers 400 luxurious guest rooms. In addition to step-out balconies with magnificent views, each room has 37" flat screen TVs and inviting leather armchairs with ottomans. Come enjoy this luxury waterfront destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa And Marina
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Cambridge
- Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- Hyatt Cambridge
- Hyatt Chesapeake Bay