“Okay, but "nickel and dimed."” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Cambridge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2917 Ocean Gateway, Cambridge, MD 21613   |
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Cambridge
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Okay, but "nickel and dimed."”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

1. The reception at front-desk when I checked in was cursory and indifferent. No one was even there at check-out.
2. The facilities are okay, but even with a confirmed reservation and quoted price, the bill included an additional "parking fee". A parking fee for a suburban/rural motel reachable only by car!!! The fee was small, but it is matter of principle. The fee should have been disclosed in advance.
3. The motel charges more for non-smoking rooms than for smoking rooms. This is odd, as smoking rooms are more costly to clean. Not-smoking should also be encouraged.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Liestal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

On the way from Virginia Beach to Washington we looked for a fair priced hotel. Ratings on TA were all positive. So we booket it.
The hotel is perfectly located near by the main road, but the nearby neigbourhood did not look very inviting.
But then we got into the hotel. What a psoitve surprise. Inside the lobby, aisls (all allong the walls did have great pictures from all major cities -> it is like a around-the-world-trip for no money) as well as the room were clean and cosy. The breakfast was good and the breakfast room was very nice too.
Sam - the owner - and the rest of the staff were all very friendly and helpful.

The only downside was the the pool was closed due to some special reasons. Please Sam, take that option out of your offer as long as it is closed. But this was only a small, small drawback.
The fact that we had to pay 2 US$ for the parking did not bother me (I red it in the other reviews) as this had no real effect on the total package. I do not know how people can make a negative point out of it.
The hotel and the stay are great and best value for the money (including the 2 US$).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was very happy with the cleanliness and comfort. I checked out early in the morning and around lunch time I received a call from the manager Sam on my cell phone. He asked if I had left anything behind and I said "My rings!" I had left two gold rings on the nightstand! Well, he was happy to tell me that one of his staff had found them and he was holding them for me at the front desk. I wasn't far away and headed straight there. I offered cash as a reward and he just wouldn't take it. Those rings are special to me as one was my Dad's and the other my retirement gift from Giant Food. Thanks again to Sam and his staff at The Days Inn!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Outside of hotel is very dated. Lobby was clean and the lady that checked us in was nice. Big negative hit us as we walked up the stairs to our non-smoking room, the smoke smell was horrendous! Luckily once we got in the room it wasn't bad. The room really needs refreshing, carpet is very stained, so much so I was afraid to walk around barefoot. Mattress was firm but livable. Resonable rates but wouldn't want to stay more than one night.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

hotel can use a good cleaning. Beds and linenss are a bit dated. The pool is no longer open. They should take it off their list of amenities. Musky smell and room was supposed to be non-smoking. Fair for one night

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was just an overnight stay on my way to the beach. I was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the room, I found the room to be very clean and the hotel staff to be very helpful and pleasant, especially Sam, who I believe was the manager. The pool was closed but I wasn't looking to swim.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Hardly a revelation, I know, but the smell from the smoking room knocked me sideways, where before it's been a minor nuisance on those times when the hotel only had smoking rooms available. Stayed here for a triathlon nearby, and the owner jacked the rates to correspond to the higher-demand weekend.

Room Tip: There are a lot of hotels on this stretch of Rt 50 through Maryland's Eastern Shore. One of the...