“Filthy Dump” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Cambridge
Ashburn, Virginia
“Filthy Dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel is disgusting. Filthy. Smells foul. Do not stay here...keep driving. Truly one of the nastiest places I have ever seen. We bought pillows and blankets from the nearby Walmart to avoid touching the filth. Because my friend had booked on-line they refused to refund her money so we could leave.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
abvicambridge, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Kelly W,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally apologize for the negative experience you had while staying with us. Please know that we have recently hired and trained new housekeepers. We hope that these changes will improve the overall guest experience.

Americas Best Value Inn-Cambridge MD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

By far NOT the worst motel!! To all the primadonna critics on this motel.....DUH ITS NOT THE HILTON!! The hilton is not reasonably priced!! When you dont have much money or your company is not paying for your room this place is a blessing. Our room was clean, the bed comfy enough, free wifi, shampoo and soap, tv with loads of channels.. the shower was a bit loud with pipe squealing but was not hindering my shower one bit. The only other thing was the chair needs to be reupholstered. One other thing I'd like to point out.....absolutely NO BUGS!!!!! Didnt see any. Recommended.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear princessjada1,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms and reasonable prices. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ac was broke, mold in all the rooms and mildew smell in all rooms. Dog piss everywhere. Not one person was staying there. Left right away. Would rather sleep in my car. Called the health department and they said there is nothing they can do because there is no pool or food.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dave,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. Sorry for taking so long to respond. I am concerned about the issues you experienced during your stay in 2013. We try our best to provide each of our guests with an enjoyable stay. Unfortunately, we were not able to accommodate you. We are taking steps to prevent these issues in the future.

Vero Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Because the Hyatt was sold out and I arrived too late to do anything about it, I was forced to stay at this awful place. There is no redeeming quality to this place and I think the board of health should visit and shut it down. Drunks and what appeared to be drug users where running all over the property until the late hours (2 a.m. when I called to complain and no one answered at the desk and when I went down the desk clerk was drinking with a very unkempt person). The room was so dirty that I slept in my clothes on top of the covers. You get what you pay for and this place is not worth a penny. I actually considered going out to my car and sleeping in it. I contacted the national office and never heard back other than a form "thank you for your comments..."

Room Tip: Stay away until they bulldoze it and build a new one.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Brian F,

I appreciate the fact that you took time to share your experience with us. Sorry for taking so long to respond. Please know that we have made some improvements to our facilities in the past few years. We have added new bedding, painting, carpeting, bathroom floors and mirrors, along with furniture in some rooms. We hope that these improvements will enhance the overall experience.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Smelled horrible, loud vacuuming in hallway at 6am, bathroom a mess. Terrible overall

• Stayed June 2012
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I got the room online for $75. and when i got there he charged me $82. They have a HORRIBLE policy so that you have 10 minutes to check out your room and if you dont like it you will get refunded. i was 20 minutes late. Complained that the sheets had food on them, light was flickering all the time, air conditioner cut off every 3 minutes and was so creepy that my 4YO was crying because of the cat pee smell. Bad Place! DONT GO!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

They only had smoking rooms availible. The bathroom light kept flickering the two days i was there. There was a fight the second night at 3:30am. Called front desk.and.they acted like i was disturbing them. Called at like 7am that same morning requesting a little later checkout since i was woke in the.middle of.the.night. i was told by front desk staff that they stick to 11am check out. I said ok. Just up to soak in the tub for a few before checkout and the bathroom light burned out while i was still in the tub.leaving.me in the pitch dark.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!