“Worst Ever” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Cambridge
Vero Beach, Florida
“Worst Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Because the Hyatt was sold out and I arrived too late to do anything about it, I was forced to stay at this awful place. There is no redeeming quality to this place and I think the board of health should visit and shut it down. Drunks and what appeared to be drug users where running all over the property until the late hours (2 a.m. when I called to complain and no one answered at the desk and when I went down the desk clerk was drinking with a very unkempt person). The room was so dirty that I slept in my clothes on top of the covers. You get what you pay for and this place is not worth a penny. I actually considered going out to my car and sleeping in it. I contacted the national office and never heard back other than a form "thank you for your comments..."

Room Tip: Stay away until they bulldoze it and build a new one.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
abvicambridge, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Brian F,

I appreciate the fact that you took time to share your experience with us. Sorry for taking so long to respond. Please know that we have made some improvements to our facilities in the past few years. We have added new bedding, painting, carpeting, bathroom floors and mirrors, along with furniture in some rooms. We hope that these improvements will enhance the overall experience.

Regards,
Anup-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Cambridge MD

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Smelled horrible, loud vacuuming in hallway at 6am, bathroom a mess. Terrible overall

• Stayed June 2012
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I got the room online for $75. and when i got there he charged me $82. They have a HORRIBLE policy so that you have 10 minutes to check out your room and if you dont like it you will get refunded. i was 20 minutes late. Complained that the sheets had food on them, light was flickering all the time, air conditioner cut off every 3 minutes and was so creepy that my 4YO was crying because of the cat pee smell. Bad Place! DONT GO!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

They only had smoking rooms availible. The bathroom light kept flickering the two days i was there. There was a fight the second night at 3:30am. Called front desk.and.they acted like i was disturbing them. Called at like 7am that same morning requesting a little later checkout since i was woke in the.middle of.the.night. i was told by front desk staff that they stick to 11am check out. I said ok. Just up to soak in the tub for a few before checkout and the bathroom light burned out while i was still in the tub.leaving.me in the pitch dark.

• Stayed May 2012
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We booked this hotel when staying for a long weekend in Cambridge, Maryland the weekend of April 14th. We have stayed in hotels in cambridge a dozen times and had never stayed here. We booked it because of great rate and the 24 hour pool. WELL... the pool was under major construction and was empty and from the postings of other people it has been under construction for months, so was a little annoyed that they failed to mention this before or even during check in, they still have the sign out front stating 24 hour pool. OK, then there is the problem with no alarm clock nor coffee maker in room, seemed kinda odd. There was no handle on bureau (not that we needed to open it but just the point) and the bedding was horribly dingy and the pillows i swear had hair on them from the previous guest.

The beds were horrible uncomfortible, and the whole run was painted brick and looked like a jail cell. You think i am kidding, i am not. My husband perfered to sleep in his clothes on top of the bed. So you think $65 dollars a night you should get what you pay for but i have stayed in $65 dollar hotels before and have NEVER had these problems.

The almost perfect ending was the rather large drunk man sitting on the steps at 5:30 am as we attempted to leave the hotel. We checked out early. I just wanted to cry. I would have actually just slept in my truck had it not been 45 degrees out. The front desk people were very nice but the hotel was in need of being RAZED!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is the worse hotel that I have ever stayed in. It stinks. It's a horrible smell of mildew. Bleach, carpet cleaner and pine sol are badly needed.The need for remodeling or updating is an understatement. The ceiling is falling down in the batthrooms> My sister and I hhad a room each. We compared our need for repairs in each room, If you can avoid this place, I strongly suggest you do so. If the other hotels in Cambtidge are booked, stay in Easton.I've learned my lesson. The place should be condemned.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
abvicambridgemd, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Cambridge, MD for your recent stay in our area.

1) Housekeeping received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Maintenance was notified of the falling ceiling in the bathroom of the room assigned to you and instructed to fix it.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn Cambridge, MD. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Treviso, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Useless to spend more than few words on this motel. I'll just say that the smell in the room, something in between insecticide and poor deodorant, was terrible.

Room Tip: Best rooms?
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping was contacted about the terrible smell in the room and instructed to do something about it. They also received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!