“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Cambridge
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We got the last room in the Holiday Inn Express that was available due to a cancellation. Our rooms were well kept and clean. The beds were soft. Maria at the front desk was excellent. She was extremely polite and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I just wanted to write a review on my recent stay at this hotel. We were there for World Series of Softball with 12 girls (4 team rooms) and parent rooms. I was touched by the kindness both Wendy and Nakia at the front desk showed all of us including the girls. They were never rude or short - they always had smiles on their faces even when we would get a little loud in the living room area and dining area. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I came up to Cambridge on a last minute excursion to do some photography of the Eastern Shore. It was a decent hotel and provided the needed amenities for the short time I stayed. There was a dank smell in the room that I was in and unfortunately my room wasn't made up when I was there despite me leaving a little later one morning. But I had a comfortable night's rest and everything was clean which is most important.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cambridge, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear lanimoowho,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Crofton, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Mark this 3 and half stars. Good friendly service at check-in and well appointed room for for an Express hotel right on Route 50. The room was clean and fresh though housekeeping did leave some towels in the bathroom from previous guests. Double beds were a little small for me at 6'4" but, that's my fault. The free breakfast in the morning was satisfactory. My wife and I had to wait 15 minutes for the self serve coffee after the staff let all 4 brew containers run out. Stay here...but check out the other area hotel options first for availability.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cambridge, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear SGrundmeier,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am happy to hear that your check- in went smooth and that you found our breakfast selection satisfactory.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the housekeeping may have caused you. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest services.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel while in the area for a running event. The staff was great. They had breakfast ready for us early and gave us a late checkout so we could come back after the event. This level of service is almost impossible to find and we travel a lot.

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a meeting in the area and needed 10 rooms total. I spoke with Doug and he reserved the rooms for us. He also was very helpful when I need to add more rooms. He was always willing to help us out. Our travelers said when they got there that it was the easiest check in and out that they had ever had at any hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay here on our way to our vacation destination. The hotel lobby was very inviting and our room was spotless and modem. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The young lady at the front desk, Maria, was cheerful and friendly and after we settled in, directed us to a nice downtown restaurant. After returning from the restaurant we realized we had been overcharged and she helped us called them. Apparently the restaurant employee dropped off an envelope after closing with a $20 bill in it. The next morning as we were getting breakfast, the morning desk clerk approached me and asked if I was expecting an envelope. I never really expected to get that money back and I was so impressed that the hotel employees were so dedicated to their guest!

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cambridge? Share your experiences!