“Fabulous, wonderful, perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria Gardens Inn

Victoria Gardens Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Victoria Gardens Inn
Save Saved
You added Victoria Gardens Inn to your Saves list
101 Oakley Street, Cambridge, MD 21613   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Cambridge B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Fabulous, wonderful, perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I grew up in Cambridge,MD and lived on the same block of Oakley St. (the street of Victoria Gardens) for my first 7 years there. I always wanted to go into this home as it was gorgeous from the outside but I never had the opportunity. I attended a wedding in Cambridge this past weekend and researched all of the B&B's in town. I always stay with friends when I return but this time I wanted to be on my own. I am familiar with all of the B&B homes in town and when I saw this home on the list I was thrilled. After many, many years I was finally able to go inside and I must say it's spectacular and better than I ever expected. Lynette Chase, the owner is fantastic and you will not find a better hostess. She is so accommodating and there is absolutely nothing that she leaves out. The rooms are very large, very clean, bright and filled with everything that one needs: robes, slippers, soaps, lotions, air conditioning, magazines, large thick towels etc. I felt as if I was in a luxury hotel! Lynette is extremely considerate and is always asking her guests if they would like some tea or coffee anytime during the day and evening. The house has at least 2-3 screened porches and when guests come home in the evening everyone is welcome to sit and chat. The house is on an acre of English Gardens that are glorious. When you walk into Victoria Gardens you feel as if the home and all of it's furnishings have been in Lynette's family for at least 80 years but she has only been the owner for 5 years. I can't image staying anywhere else in Cambridge and I am booking again for Labor Day Weekend. I had the best and most wonderful experience. Thank you Lynette for a lovely, lovely memorable 3 day weekend. PS: And it's right accross the street from the water!

Room Tip: There are at least 3 rooms out of the 6 with private baths that are very modern and lovely. There is...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Takoma Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I found this lovely home on the web - but had no reason to think it would be perfect. Well, maybe we did. Lynette had answered our email from home, kept up a dialogue with us, and had promised in advance to try and meet some fairly rigorous requirements we had.
She met every one - and provided a gracious, quiet, clean and welcoming place where we could get away from the city for a few days and unwind. Can't wait to return

Room Tip: Ask - and Lynette will do her best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Look no further and stop the presses! Victoria Gardens Inn is the BEST place to stay bar-none. Even if you are playing tourist in the larger general area and traveling into D.C., stay here! The owner Lynette is a gourmet cook and thinks of your every possible need and comfort before you can. She is ultra-hospitable and has a fantastic sense of humor and sunny disposition. It's obvious why she is in this business and has such raving fans. Her home is gorgeous, has lots of great unique rooms with their own bathrooms (always a worry when thinking about a B&B) and lush grounds and outdoor space, and is really close to the water. There are lots of secluded areas to lay low and let the world go by or wonderfully interesting people to meet as the owner is very well connected, but also completely discreet. It is an absolute joy staying here and every chance I get I will go back.

Room Tip: Any room here is spectacular! Can't go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Jacksonville FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

World traveler, Inn Keeper and true international Lynnette Chase has created an atmosphere into which visitors are immediately absorbed. Reflecting her style and grace as standard she has created in a beautiful Victorian House a haven for the discerning traveler. The accomodation, the hospitalty and the conversation are beyond question. The need for privacy respected and the sense of belonging irresistible. In each of the last four years we have enjoyed the Inn with great satisfaction.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I go to Eastern shore quite often, and have stayed in almost all the B&Bs in the area, but since four years ago that we met Lynnette and stayed at her beatiful home, we haven't stayed at any other B&B. Her house is the most beatiful victorian house I have seen, and her hospitality make you feel as you are in your own home. I never forget, the first time we stayed there it was a rainy day and we asked her if we could eat our steamed hard shell crabs in her house, She told us that she never had carbs before, so, we invited her to join us, and we sat outside her house under a beatiful porch facing one of her gardens and ate crabs for few hours and shared many stories as we knew each other for life. My husband and I recomend her B&B to everyone who likes to stay at a very clean and beatiful place in a beatiful town.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

From the moment she opened the door, Lynette Chase, the innkeeper, welcomed me into her home as if I were her long awaited friend. And a lovely home it is - filled with fireplaces and antiques, fine old lace and carved woodwork. My air-conditioned room had a very comfortable king size bed with soft cotton linens and lovely period furniture. There's a nice choice of books and magazines to read yourself to sleep. Lynette is a wonderful cook and her breakfast table is bountiful - fresh hot rolls, farmer's omelet, bacon, delicious coffee. When you return in the evening, she asks you how your day went and offers you a cup of tea and her company, but only if you wish it - she does not impose. Need I say more? This is the place!!!

• Liked — room, breakfast, innkeeper
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Victoria Gardens Inn? Share your experiences!