“Only the pulled pork, better personalities” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Callaway
MD
“Only the pulled pork, better personalities”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

On Dec 18th, 09, our family had dinner at Bear Creek. It was approximately 6:30 and on a Friday and only one other table was occupied....and they were not eating but having a meeting. That was the writing on the wall. I'll get to the food but first, the meal ordering rules are set as to order up front and then find a table in the back. We have 3 small children so we first started towards the back to seat them when we were rudely stopped by the counter clerk. I explained our intentions and she gave us a funny look like we were from another planet. More rude employees - I picked up some white paper napkins, extras for the kids. A server came by and took them from us and said we had to use the brown ones in the dispenser. Later on, during our meal, the same server was going around to all the tables and picking up the BBQ sauce dispensers. She came to our table and took that one also. Reached right over us while we were eating. I asked to have it back and she said she would bring some small containers with sauce. I asked for the sauce back and she reluctantly agreed. On to the food. The pulled pork was actually decent but that is all. That is the only reason for 2 stars. The ribs were overdone and dry, the baked beans tasted like canned and had a dried crust on the top, the slaw was weak and bland and the mac n cheese was also bland. I would go back for the pulled pork but nothing else....maybe not at all due to the staff personalities.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Washington, DC
“Excellent BBQ in Southern Maryland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

I've been to Bear Creek Open Pit BBQ several times, and have never been disappointed by their food. In fact, I would say that Bear Creek offers an excellent array of BBQ items, from pork or beef ribs to BBQ chicken, and smoked sausage...which are all quite tasty.

In addition, the staff is very friendly and quite willing to do everything they can to accommodate their patrons.

I give Bear Creek an enthusiastic "thumbs up" when it comes to a tasty, yet affordable, dining experience. Their BBQ sauce adds the right amount of zip to their food too.

Good stuff!