“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
washington DC
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Hi, I think I can say how good this restaurant is. I eat there sometimes a few days a week.
Everyone is always kind and cheerful. Food is good , servings are generous to share or take home. I always take my freinds with some hard to please. So far all have been pleased. If you want good and fresh food this is the place to go. You will not be dissappionted..Go and enjoy yourselve happy eating.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
“Great neighborhood addition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

WE always have a great meal here if we can get in! The service is friendly and the food is fresh. I wish they took reservations but I guess they don't need to.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland
“A neighborhood gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Finally ate at the Wild Tomato which is so near me we could walk there. Had a great meal with very courteous and friendly service. The pasta special -- orcchiette with clams and a light salmon cream sauce -- was delicious and perfectly prepared. The house special Manhattan also was perfect. Followed this with the ice cream sandwiches (homemade chocolate chip cookies) -- two of them, enough to share, and a cupcake (yellow cake with vanilla frosting) -- okay it was a cupcake. It was a lovely evening so we ate outside. We were pleasantly surprised at how welcoming the staff was since we didn't arrive until about 9:30 pm. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, MD
“Great Neighborhood Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Hamburgers, fish tacos, and pizza are the specialties of the house and all are delicious, but ask for the specials, such as the scallops. Absolutely terrific! Servings are generous; you may even consider sharing the fish tacos or a hamburger. Wine and beer selections are good, service is friendly, but the kitchen is slow. It is not fast food, but your patience will be rewarded.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
washington dc
“Average food in Unenticing environment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Tried this restaurant for the first time. I was told it was a sister restaurant to Persimmon which we enjoy. The front staff were kind. The menu lacked excitement. It was mostly "bistro" type food and pizza. The waiter staff appear inexperienced, lack knowledge of the menu. I ordered the crab cake which was below average. I could not find any lumps of crabmeat though the waiter told me it was lump with no filler. It was an embarrassing crab cake to represent the home of the crab cake-maryland. My wife got a tun sailad which was sesame encrusted and enjoyed the dish. I did not personally get a pizza but people seemed to enjoy it that ordered it. To me, it might be a restaurant to stop at for a quick bite to get an average meal but it is nothing memorable or would lure me back anytime soon.

• Visited June 2012