“It's crowded in here...” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Brandywine
Cuisines: Seafood
Port Republic, Maryland
“It's crowded in here...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great food and good service but there are just too many tables crowded in the room. In addition the lighting is odd, quite dim but too amber in color. It's one of the better restaurants in the area though so I will go back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Tight Space but Tasty Meals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The space is fairly small for the amount of business they do. They could use a larger restaurant. You will bump someone at some point on your way to your seat or to the rest room. If you are seated on floor near the walkway, someone will likely bump your seat! I always ask for a booth. It's more appealing to me than the open seating for comfort and space.

Despite the size and crowding, their crab cake is G - double O - dee: Good! If you don't want it as your meal I recommend you try it as an appetizer. You will not be disappointed. Lots of crab meat and the flavor is delicious. Also, their salmon with lemon butter sauce is great. I usually have that with the au gratin potatoes and broccoli and devour it each time! Their bread is good, too!

This is one of my go-to restaurants for Sunday dinner with my family. We've been here several times.

Visited December 2013
Houston
“Good chain restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My honey and I have always wanted to try this restaurant. So jump at the chance while visiting our friends. I was so impress and happy with the food and service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent food. great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a nice place to dine at. Food was great, atmosphere was excellent. Our waiter was incredible! I'm not a huge fish fan but they had a great selection of different types and ways made of fish. I wasn't too fond of the hostess upon entering the facility. She did not make notice of us entering and when we asked if it was self seated (since she didn't greet us to be seated), she said "well if you want to sit at the bar you can sit over there". No offer of being seated in the dining area....Maybe she was new. Anywho, I would definitely recommend this place!!! and we would go back!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Consistently good chain restaurant, but a little pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

They have consistently good food. I do think they are pricey for the small portions. That is why we eat here pretty regularly on Wednesday nights when the bang bang shrimp is just $5 and so do a lot of others, because it is busier on Wednesday than any other night.

Service is usually pretty good, but they do seem to ignore you once they bring the check. Get the feeling they want you to leave. Also disappointed that they change the regular menu on a regular basis. I loved their plain spinach salad and they changed it to a spinach salad with salmon, asparagus and goat cheese (yuck).

• Visited August 2013