“Meh, it worked okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bowie
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Meh, it worked okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Don't be discouraged by the low-star rating. This place was fine. (And no bed bugs as other reviews have mentioned). We stayed from 9/12 to 9/18, an entire week.

We were put in a handicap room so it was a but roomier than others, I'm sure, but the room was okay, king bed was comfy enough, 25" CRT TV worked with normal cable channel lineup, free wifi in the rooms. Electrical outlets were a but tricky to come by to charge our two phones and other devices but we managed. There was a mini refrigerator in the room that sounded like darth vader breathing, a bit annoying but manageable. Complementary hot breakfast from 0630-0930, eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, waffle press, muffins, it was decent as well.

They do have a lot of rooms for conferences so I can imagine it being busy but nothing was going on during our stay. They also had a business center with 3 really outdated computers but printing was free.

Our other two choices, the nearby Town Place Suites (Marriot) and Hampton Inn, were fully booked. So while I have had better hotel stays this one was not bad and there was nothing I would complain about.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here on business for a week, and this hotel was a respite. The room was nice -- pretty standard. It had a refrigerator and microwave, so I could bring my own food. This turned out to be a plus since the nearby restaurants were along the lines of Bob's Big Boy. The staff was nice, breakfast was OK. There was a gym.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Amsterdam, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I had driven by a number of times and we thought about staying in the past, but were put off by the price. This time, I had plenty of rewards points saved up, and wanted to catch a Bowie Baysox game across the street, so we gave it a try. The hotel is located at the north end of a large shopping complex. That made it a bit tricky to get to, but convenient in that my wife and daughter could walk to some stores while I attended the ball game. We stayed one night after a long overnight ride from south Florida. We arrived mid-afternoon and were quickly checked in by the helpful front desk staff. That first impression was good, but we were a bit annoyed by a foulmouthed bickering family unpacking just outside the main entrance. The first set of key cards we were issued didn't work, but the front desk quickly reissued working keys. The room itself was decent. The only complaint was a stained and rusting area in the ceiling tiles in the bathroom. We had one of the first-floor rooms that has an outdoor entrance in addition to the one from the main corridor. This was convenient for us, but some might prefer not to have it, so it's something to consider when getting your room. We got a quick dinner at the hotel's restaurant, which was completely empty other than us. The food was decent and reasonably priced, and we welcomed the opportunity to keep out of the car for a little while after our long drive. We found the beds comfortable, and the hotel to be quiet even though our window faced US 301. The wireless Internet was a bit slow at times, but good enough for our purposes. In the morning, we encountered a big crowd in the restaurant for the complimentary hot breakfast. It was worth fighting the crowds, though, for what had to be the most extensive and tasty complimentary breakfast I've had in a long time. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, sausage and biscuits were all available in addition to the usual cold items and beverages. All in all, we were definitely satisfied and would not hesitate to stay again if circumstances allow.

Room Tip: Be sure to be aware that some first-floor rooms have a second outside entrance.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I would have been able to give this hotel a much better rating if it weren't for the living area of the suite. The bedroom and bathroom were clean, but the living room was AWFUL!!! The smell was horrific and the furniture was dirty. Clearly, a party was thrown in this room and some damage was done. I did ask for another room, but all suites were booked. I also tried to find another hotel in the area but all were booked, so we were stuck there for 2 nights. We stayed in 6 hotels over the course of our trip and this was, by far, the worst one!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I am a business traveler who usually stays at Courtyards, and was a little leery about staying at a Comfort Inn. This hotel was much better than I expected it to be. I enjoyed my free continental breakfast and visited the bar at the end of the day. Also, the beds were incredibly comfortable.

I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone who is doing business in the area.

Room Tip: Far better than expected.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

My family spent the night after a long day of traveling. We checked in around 9:00 p.m. and the service was quick and efficient. Our room was on the 2nd floor facing Rt. 301, yet we never heard any cars or trucks. The room was clean and very comfortable. We truly enjoyed the breakfast buffet the next morning which was fresh and delicious. The dining area along with the entire building was spotless. The location was great because we were heading to Annapolis for the day before our trip home. Bowie to Annapolis was about 10 minutes on Rt. 50 which was a breeze. It's always great to find a hotel that is inviting, comfortable and clean. I would absolutly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Great location because of the proximity to DC and Annapolis. Just 10 mins from Annapolis, and 25 mins into DC, so we were pleased since we could travel around over the weekend after the conference.
The resturant at the hotel is very good, and the free breakfast was GREAT! Eggs, buscuits, fruit salad.. we were pleased. And the staff was very friendly, welcoming me, my colleague and my dog! Yes I brought my dog.. but thats because I could!

Room Tip: A room facing the pool has nicest view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!