“Mixed bag experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Towneplace Suites Bowie Town Ctr.

You added Towneplace Suites Bowie Town Ctr. to your Saves list
Towneplace Suites Bowie Town Ctr.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3700 Town Center Blvd., Bowie, MD 20716   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bowie
New York City, New York
“Mixed bag experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Depending on what your requirements are, this place can be wonderful or terrible.. here is my one night stay experience:

A. Rate: Booking was done 3-4 days in advance, through my brothers reward points.. The going rate for a room on the night I stayed was $ 199, on the date I made the reservation (I paid 10k points - category 2)..

B. Staff: The front desk lady was an absolute delight (as were every other staff we came into contact with in our less than 24 hours stay). Full points on staff courtesy and help. She offered to upgrade us, which we declined, but it was nice of her to offer. All other staff we crossed or interacted with, were polite and willing to help.. Nothing makes or brakes your stay experience like the staff of the hotel, and Towne place suites was all aces in this matter..

C: Location: The hotel is surrounded with shopping malls and eating outlets.. the location is great from that perspective.. that are so many options around that you won't have a shortage of choice for days.. My reason for staying was that i was visiting Washington DC and the hotels in the city were very expensive. For this purpose too, the hotel was great.. It's about 18 miles from National Mall, and if you have your own car (which I did), getting to DC and back was no issue at all.. great on the location front..

D: Breakfast: This is where it goes downhill for Towne Place.. It was advertised that breakfast is included in the price. Look closely and it was Grab and Go breakfast.. now this was my first experience at Grab and Go, but the breakfast was an eye opener (and I hadn't had my first coffee yet).. The coffee was ok, no starbucks, but tolerable.. for breakfast, they had some cereals, two types of bottled juice, milk, muffins and fruit.. that's it.. the muffin was sad, and the fruits were stale.. so stale that I could see the banana and apple skin darkened and wrinkled.. and it's not like you have to look closely.. you could easily see that the fruits were stale.. If you advertise breakfast, have a decent breakfast on the table.. The main reason I had chosen this place over coutryard marriott was Breakfast, and that wasn't delivered as I had expected.. so my whole reason of choosing this place came crashing down and I felt bad that I am not at courtyard marriott..

E: Room Size: The room size leaves a lot to be desired.. the room was really small (but very very well organized to ensure best utilization of space).. I did not mind much because I was just crashing for a night, but if I had to stay longer, this place wouldn't be my choice (unless the front desk is giving me an upgrade again ;) I have stayed in Extended Stay America and they have twice the size of the room as Towne Place..

F: Value for money / points: I would score this really low.. If I was spending actual hard cash, I would have selected any other place.. I got this place for free with my points, but I still felt that I did not get my money's worth...

Now, why have I rated this still 3 and not 2 or 1 - For two reasons- I needed a place in/around DC within 10k points, and this was one of the places available. I needed it for one night and a good sleep, and they delivered.. and any place that has well behaved, polite, courteous and helpful staff, automatically start at 3 points in my book..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lenexa, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed about 4 weeks on business and travel with our 2 dogs.

Our room was on the second floor, facing the parking lot. The view was not great, and the floors are thin, so we could hear the guests overhead walking and running around. The front desk switched us to a new room as soon as one opened up on the 4th Floor, facing the trees to the back. Much better.

There is a 3/4 miles walking trail adjacent to the hotel, which was great for the dogs, and several restaurants and shops within walking distance as well. We liked that the California Tortilla, Panera, Five Below, and Starbucks are so close. Sears Auto, Best Buy, small-ish Macy's round out the big stores.

The fitness room is kinda sad with little natural lighting and OK equipment. It was a good thing the weather was good, so we could run and walk around the lake.

The channel line-up is mediocre, unless you like sports channels: there are 7 of them!

Wi-Fi is so-so. I travel with an Airport Express and make my own network. In theory this should be faster, but either way, Netflix shows have to buffer a couple times, and movies take forever to load.

The hallways always smell like what guests are cooking, and unfortunately, everyone likes to cook stinky food, like curry or boil crabs. Yuck. But the smells never got inside our room.

I would definitely second others' reviews about long-term guests congregating outside to smoke and talk. My wife and I like our peace & quiet and privacy, and it seemed some of the guests wanted to make friends.

Easy access to the highways, and you're about 45 minutes from the National Mall.

Room Tip: The best rooms are on the top floor, facing away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great location (easy to find, lots of restaurants and shops), friendly staff, spacious room, perfect layout of the rooms, very comfortable and felt very home like. The only issue I had was that I could hear the person above my room walking and the A/C was a little loud. Other than that, if I had to get a hotel in that location I would come back to this hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sevierville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Spent one night here on business trip. First thing I loved was the location. Shops and eateries all around it. Very nice area with a safe feeling to it. Staff was very polite and rooms were exceptionally clean. Didn't use pool, but I would had I stayed longer. Breakfast was minimal, but enough to sustain you till lunch time. Wifi worked great. Watched a Netflix movie on the iPad. Bed was comfortable. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This hotel is in a surprising location behind a mall (but close to many restaurants within a few minutes walk) - a bit hard to find but very nice. It was very quiet and setting was tranquil. No noise (no planes or road noise). Rooms were clean and staff was very friendly. We stayed there when attending a function near Annapolis. Easy drive to Annapolis too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chistiansburg, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Average size room, EXTREMELY CLEAN !!! I stayed here for 3 wks on a business trip; the staff is very friendly and helpful. I can't say enough about how fantastic the staff were !!!!! Our suite had a nice kitchenette and was prefect for when we wanted to stay in. The laundry room was adequate and clean. The gym was nice on days that it was raining, There is a great little running trail across the street. The shopping center is within walking distance and has plenty if quality restaurants. It is the only It is about 1o mins from the end of the orange line metro station. There is bus stop within walking distance that will get you to the metro but I found that parking at the metro station was easier than taking the bus. I am looking forward to being able to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Moosup, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Well, if any one is qualified to review this hotel, who better that a long term resident?!! This is my home away from home. This hotel is in a great location, situated behind the Bowie Town shopping center. Lots of stores and restaurants within walking distance. it is in a fairly safe area and their is a security presence at the shopping area and at the hotel. The hotel breakfast is slim, more of a grab and take with you breakfast, including cereals, fruit and muffins. The hotel is very clean and quiet. All the rooms include a kitchen areas. The pool is nice and the ground are pretty. As I mentioned I've been here over a year and I have not got any complains, and I am giving this hotel a 5 rating, against other hotels of this class.

Room Tip: Any room will do, there is no "view" to worry about
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Towneplace Suites Bowie Town Ctr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Towneplace Suites Bowie Town Ctr.

Address: 3700 Town Center Blvd., Bowie, MD 20716
Location: United States > Maryland > Bowie
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bowie
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Towneplace Suites Bowie Town Ctr. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Booking.com so you can book your Towneplace Suites Bowie Town Ctr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Towneplace Suites Bowie Town Ctr. Hotel Bowie

If you own or manage Towneplace Suites Bowie Town Ctr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.