“1st time visitor, went for Fright Fest 2012” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Bowie
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
“1st time visitor, went for Fright Fest 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I've lived in the DC area for 3 years now, but am originally from Georgia, so Six Flags in Atlanta is my frame of reference here... I thought this park was great and felt compelled to post a review after seeing all the negative ones online which, honestly, is why it's taken me 3 years to come out here and check it out for myself. So glad I did! This Six Flags is close to DC, has plenty of rollercoasters, and I found the staff to be very helpful and professional (well, as much as you could expect from H.S. kids).

As for Fright Fest specifically, I wasn't sure what to expect but overall had a good time! I've been to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios, and that was better mostly because it's more adult-oriented. I felt like Six Flags was a little more toned down, catering more to kids/tweens/teens. Best parts were riding some of the coasters in the dark, and the haunted houses. It sucked that there was an extra charge for the haunted houses, as general admission and parking charges are already a little steep IMO. With all that being said, I am definitely planning a return trip in 2013. Even considering a Season Pass with the current deal..

Baltimore, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
“Worst Amusement Park”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is the worse amusement park I've ever been too We were finished in less than 3 hours, and the roller coasters were unimpressive. It is ok for young kids.

prince frederick
“Excellent trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

this was are 2nd time for fright feast, excellent expericent,love the new attractions for fright feast, the trail needs to be longer but was great,

Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
“Six Flags America Fright Fest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Six Flags America Fright Fest is awesome. You gotta go. Spend the money and get Season Passes -- they're worth it!

Bowie, Maryland
10 attraction reviews
“So ... So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This theme park has seen better days. The park could be maintained a lot better. The staff is not friendly or non existence. However; it's been a while since I visited the theme park, it could have been upgraded. I don't know

Been to Six Flags America? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Six Flags America, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.