“Crab Bomb used to be good, but Jerry's is slacking. The crab bomb is now being filled with a cheaper crab meat w/lumb.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jerry's Seafood

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lanham, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The price of the crab bomb in the past was not a matter of concern because it was the bomb, no filler, but now they have started to place backfin crab meat in with the lumb crab meat. I have experienced the crab bomb being overcooked and not as enjoyable. Jerry's Seafood has been given too much hype, it is time for me to change my location to another place for dining this time. First, it was Jerry's Seafood in Lanham, Md, then I decided to try the one in Bowie, Md once they opened. In the beginning it was nice, now it is not enjoyable so I can agree with others that the cost is too pricey. Food, if good, cost does not matter. No longer a CRAB BOMB fan. By the way, teach the waiters how to handle food and drinks properly when delievering to the table, not have their hands over someones meal or drink that they are about to consume, NASTY.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Reading, Pennsylvania
“OMG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I wish we had money and time left to stop on the way back.... We stayed overnight in Bowie on our way to VA. I found Jerry's on tripadvisor. I tossed back and forth about paying for the Crab Bomb (junior 26$/ regular 39$). My husband I stopped for lunch (same price by the way) and decided to split one. We also had fresh hot rolls and salad. Expensive, but I would do it again!. We ate a lot of crab on our travels and this was the BEST crab cake either of us ever had. BTW - we had the fire cracker version, which was spicier... YUM... I still cant figure out how they held it together - very moist and no filler --- really...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dayton, Ohio
“This is the Bomb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Everything is homemade and extremely GOOD! There are traditional seafood items as well as the home of the Crab Bomb. The salads are made of romaine,not iceberg with homemade dressings. The stewed tomatoes are Grandma Gainey's creation but not that different just a little sweeter than most. The homemade rolls are really good with real butter! The shrimp stuffed with crab imperial was huge,there were three, the pan seared scallops in garlic butter were enough for 3 people and the crab bisque soup was tasty. It's very pricey but worth it. Prices range from $26.00 to $39.00 for entrees,appetizers from $8.00 to $24.00, salads $6.00 - more if meat/ fish is added,desserts $6.50,they also have sandwiches at $12.00 and $15.00. They also offer filet mignon,the only beef on the menu. Worth the visit for sure. Our server was Kym and she was great!

Visited July 2013
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great crab”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great place if you enjoy crab and shrimp. However, if you have an allergy or just do not like she'll fish, the menu will have few options for you. What the prepare they do very well. Pricy for the the zip code. Great place to celebrate something special. Our server seemed over his head. I would expect more professionalism given the prices.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Frankfort, Kentucky
“Fresh and Tasty Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

WOW! I love this place! I honestly thought that this place wouldn't live up to the hype. Our waitress was Terri and she was on point from beginning to end. It was our first time there and she explained the nightly specials and what exactly a crab bomb was. We ordered the calamari for an appetizer, I ordered the crab bisque, we had the awesome bread, I also had the fresh sea scallops with a side salad and baked potato. The blue cheese was homemade... Looked like cottage cheese but it was awesome! The sweet tea was great too!! It's a bit pricey (for me-my meal alone was $45) but it's worth it...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere