“A divine getaway - sad to leave!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stoney Creek Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boonsboro
Stoney Creek Farm
Save Saved
You added Stoney Creek Farm to your Saves list
19223 Manor Church Road, Boonsboro, MD 21713   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Boonsboro B&B and Inns
Raleigh, NC
“A divine getaway - sad to leave!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I could not have enjoyed our time at Stoney Creek Farm any more if we tried :). The room was spectacular (I *have* to figure out how to have an indoor balcony in my house!), the food was absolutely delicious, the grounds immaculate, and the innkeepers lovely.

The peaceful setting feels secluded, but is still only minutes from shopping and restaurants. The house was charmingly rustic and beautifully appointed, with an enormous kitchen to make any chef jealous. The area is rich in history and very picturesque—the perfect place to get away. My only regret is that we didn't have more time there!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
North Bethesda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I recently took a few days of E&E (Exhale & Explore) to Stoney Creek Farm from Bethesda - it was fantastic: absolutely great breakfasts, a wonderful room and totally attentive and helpful staff. And you can't beat the immediate area for history, great little restaurants and beautiful countryside... we'll be going back as soon as possible!

Room Tip: Check the photos online - all of the rooms are nice, but choose according to your tastes! The Equest...
Avon Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our online reservation was somehow not made in spite of my having been informed otherwise when I received a notice that a night's stay would be charged to my card account. When we arrived at 3;:30 for my wife's birthday weekend, I entered the reception area and was overrun by three yapping, jumping dogs whom I was told, would not have been there had I arrived at my "expected" time of arrival at 5:00. As it turned out I wasn't expected at all, so we had to scramble to find another location in which to spend the night. It was apparent that the dogs had been using what looked like a very dirty blanket bed in the reception area, and what I saw of the rest of the first floor bore little resemblance to the website pictures. Granted, they had hosted a wedding party of "150 people" the previous evening, but the place looked sadly "worn." I was offered an upstairs room which was not feasible with my wife's physical limitations and a free future stay in compensation which I declined. It seems to me this inn did not live up to expectations for a Select Registry property (See selectregistry.com for standards.)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Denise L, Manager at Stoney Creek Farm, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
A reservation for this traveler was never made with our bed and breakfast, neither over the phone nor through our online reservation system (which in more than eight years of business has never once lost a reservation). This traveler did not receive a confirmation email from us, he attempted to produce one for us while here and after leaving but was unable to at any point. He was angry and abusive to our staff who were calm, polite, apologetic and courteous, offering him a free nights stay any time we could book him into the room he had intended to book. Unfortunately the room he wanted had been booked months in advance. Our staff offered to help make arrangements for the traveler at other Select Registry Inns in the area. This guest was NEVER CHARGED any amount to his credit card as we never had his credit card information or any other personal information on hand or in our reservation system. We still apologize most sincerely for this travelers botched weekend getaway. We are in the business of assisting our guests in having the relaxing getaway they most desire. We did everything in our power to help this gentleman and weathered a most abusive attitude and a less than honest review for it.
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay at Stoney Creek Farm, which is set among the rolling hills of Maryland and surrounded by working farms. The property is historic, as is the area around Boonsboro, MD. We just enjoyed our stay so much. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Jack, a cute little Jack Russell Terrier, who was just as friendly as could be. Jack is one of three beautifully behaved dogs, all very friendly. The hostess could not have been more gracious and welcoming. The breakfast was plentiful and healthy, including a large bowl of fresh fruit and superb fresh ground coffee. The entire place is immaculate and reflects the care and attention to detail of the owners and operators. The Stoney Creek Farm includes is more than 40 acres and includes walking trails, horse trails, and an old spring house. We love this place and plan to return for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Any of the four rooms are quiet and comfortable. Two rooms have king size beds.
virginia usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here in May for a golf/battlefield weekend getaway with 2 other couples. The Empire Room was roomy with a lovely bath off the "porch". The room is upstairs with the original farmhouse porch now an interior balcony overlooking the kitchen and living room. The entire section is all part of the guest room. All the rooms are unique and spacious. One couple stayed on the main level with a parlor just outside their door. The other 2 rooms are accessed by a 2nd staircase.

The living space is gorgeous and so relaxing. We were encouraged to feel at home by Denise and her husband who couldn't have been nicer. We were served breakfast each morning in the dining room and the food was sinfully delicious.

The grounds were also great. We poked around the colonial era spring house, walked up the hill to feed the horses apples and sat out on the patio before going to dinner.

There is no doubt we will be back again.

Golf tip - we thoroughly enjoyed Musket Ridge and Whiskey Creek.

Dining is a bit more challenging - Bistro 112 in Shepherdstown was fun and the Old South Mountain Inn in Boonsboro was average.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Only 50 minutes from the DC area, this is a wonderful place to just relax! Close to charming Shepherdstown, historic sites and parks, it's also just as appealing to lounge in the gazebo, play with the dogs, walk the grounds, play the piano in the great room or swing on the porch. The rooms are comfortable and beautifully decorated, the breakfasts are always delicious (pecan caramel french toast is one of our favorites), and the owner and innkeepers are helpful, attentive and will do everything to make you feel at home. We've been there many times and plan to escape there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

This place is so wonderful. From the babbling brook to the friendly dogs to the spectacular breakfast I just can't say enough positive things. I came here during a stressful time in my life and was completely rejuvenated. Thank you for such a great experience.

Room Tip: They're all great but I especially love the equestrian room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Stoney Creek Farm? Share your experiences!