“A book comes alive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn BoonsBoro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boonsboro
Inn BoonsBoro
You added Inn BoonsBoro to your Saves list
1 N. Main Street, Boonsboro, MD 21713   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Boonsboro B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“A book comes alive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is the second time this year that I have been wined and dined at the Inn. Went in January with one friend when we found out that the Inn BoonsBoro (which goes along with Nora Roberts trilogy) really existed. The staff is outstanding, the breakfast is awesome and the accommodations are superb. The pictures on the website only are half of what the rooms really look like....Nora has spared no detail. When I showed pics to my friends and talked about the Inn, the Fit Center, etc., my friends from Wilmington had to do a road trip. Looking forward to going again and taking a group of friends from Long Island. Also the bakery next to the Inn has great pastry and soup and Vesta has yummy pizza and salads. You won't go away hungry. I had a cooler and took some of the food home to enjoy the next day.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
North Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

the inn couldn't be any more 5 star, service, accommodations and every detail were impeccable. there were many expensive touches, paintings, knick-knacks and ambiance, were beyond any place I had ever visited.
I will say I felt we were in lockdown. no one was allowed to visit us in our room, we were staying in the area to visit my husband's sister and her husband, they came with us to the checkin, we were told they weren't allowed upstairs to see the room, reason being we were in a private home. Aren't all B&B's private homes? I must be honest, I felt very uncomfortable from that point on, couldn't fully enjoy such a beautiful place. when I provided the feedback, I never received a response. I respect that the inn is owned by a celebrity, but in the spirit of innkeeping, I think guests need to be afforded a little more latitude.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

As a mucho macho man, I didn't do B & B's. But I would return here yearly. My Wife and I stayed in Wellsley and Buttercup on the 3rd floor and loved every aspect of it. Lynn greeted us and gave us a tour. Our room included a heated bathroom floor, heated toilet seat, heated towel rack, copper tub, 7 nozzle jet shower! and great big bed, along with an in-room gas fireplace in the bedroom. We also had the place to ourselves the first night and had wine and cheeze delivered to our room. The breakfasts were supurb and the Chef a friendly guy. I would have liked to meet Nora, but understandibly she was not on site this day. We visited her bookstore and gift shop next door, her micro beer pub across the street and her bakery next door. Showed my Wife the Antietam Battlefield on day 1 and went wine tasting to Middleburg on day 2. As MacArthur said: "I shall (hope to) return." There were no negatives to this experience and would like to return yearly, God willing. Well done Nora, Karen, Lynn

Room Tip: The higher the price and better the room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Iowan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

One word can sum up our trip pretty well....wow! This inn is wonderful, partly because of the décor and style and partly because of the great people who work there. Luxurious comfort was the overriding feel. From the moment we walked in and were greeted by Lynn, we felt welcome. We were shown where to find snacks, beverages, books, games, and movies before being taken to our room. We had booked Titania and Oberon, which was just lovely. Lynn or one of the others was always available if needed.

Our room was, as I said, lovely. The bed was beautifully draped in linen and was very comfortable. The bathroom...oh my! The tub was enormous! When I sat in it the edge was just at eye level-plenty deep for a good soak. It's a good thing there was a step provided to get in and out! The shower was fantastic with its multiple jets. Having a towel warmer was a great touch, and the towels were incredibly soft and cuddly. It's the little details like the thick and soft towels and toilet paper that really let you know they want you to feel pampered. Our only wish for the room would have been to have a choice to have a feather pillow (or something soft) instead, but it certainly didn't ruin our experience.

The wine and cheese hour was delightful. We looked through a book with pictures from the renovation. It's amazing all the work that was done and how far the inn has come. Overall, if you're a Nora Roberts fan you'll probably already love this place, but even if you've never read a book, you'll fall in love with Inn Boonsboro.

Room Tip: As has been said, the front rooms are quite loud from traffic on the street. T&O's tub is a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I flew in for her birthday. The Inn keepers Lynn and her husband were fantastic.
We felt like we were staying with a family member. The breakfast was gourmet and creative.

Lynn always had snacks with all types of coffee or tea. I highly recommend this Inn.

Jorge
Miami, Florida

Room Tip: Look at all the different room styles on their web site.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here on a Sunday and Monday evening in mid-October thinking the place would be empty. But, they appear to be full most of the year - so when you decide to visit make sure you have reservations!

The inn is a completely new building built on the location of site of a series of inns dating back to the 1700s. Only a single wall from the original building exists, everything else is new, but designed to appear like the original. There are no squeaky floors or sticky doors and windows.

The rooms are large, our bathroom was even larger than the bedroom! The only thing missing is an extra chair (there was one in our room), a writing table/desk, and a closet or wardrobe. Have never stayed in a property where we couldn't hang up our cloths (there is a coat rack on the back of the door). The bathroom contains a huge old fashioned footed tub with a rube goldberg arrangements of hoses and pipes and hoses to fill it. There is a large separate shower with equally elaborate plumbing. Finally, the toilet is a modern electronic automated machine which works wirelessly to clean you, flush, raise and lower the seats, vibrate and dry your parts with warm air. Having traveled abroad, we are familiar with bidets, but could not get this one to work to our satisfaction.

The inn has a library stocked full of books, a coffee machine and a decanter of whiskey. A lounge on the first floor contains a library of DVDs. Each evening there is a a wine and cheese tray put out for the guests. The cheese tray contains several local cheeses and small meat/cheese rollups.

The innkeeper, Lynn, lives upstairs and is on call 24/7. She is most gracious and goes out of her way to make sure you are comfortable, answer questions about the Inn and the locality and make arrangements for sightseeing. Twice, she tracked us down while we were eating at different nearbyrestaurants to bring us new information about events we were planning to visit.

Breakfast is a gourmet meal. It includes fruit juice, a fruit cup, and a huge serving of eggs, potatos and another side dish (we had Italian French toast one morning). The food changes each day.

This is a place to unpack (but not hang up your cloths), leave your work and worries behind and let someone else make all the decisions while you pamper yourself in elegance. We paid about $225 per night for our 2 night stay, but it was worth every penny.

My wife had already established a rapport with the innkeeper, Lynn, before we arrived.

Room Tip: The rooms have names rather than numbers. Ours was the Elizabeth and Darcy room, after the character...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I decided to come here with our best friends, to celebrate his birthday. We first stopped in Frederick, MD to have lunch and the "girls" went shopping. Then we drove to the Inn, which is only 12 miles away. The managers, Lynn and Ed, are terrific! No stuffiness at all!

They made us feel like we were at home! The wine and cheese get toghether in the evening is very nice. No lack of wine or cheese and such. We met very nice people. The town is very small, but there are many activities nearby. The Caverns tour, less than 2 miles from the inn, was wonderful. Shepardstown, is 12 miles away, and we had a nice lunch at a French restaurant . Dans is a great bar next to the Inn. They serve enhanced bar food. My Pork and gritts was very good.

The Inn's accommodations are great! We will be back! You can even workout at a nice fitness center next to the Inn, free of charge for guests.

Joy and Dave Glass

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Inn BoonsBoro? Share your experiences!