“Historic Property with Ultra Modern Amenities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn BoonsBoro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boonsboro
Inn BoonsBoro
Save Saved
You added Inn BoonsBoro to your Saves list
1 N. Main Street, Boonsboro, MD 21713   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Boonsboro B&B and Inns
St. Louis, MO
“Historic Property with Ultra Modern Amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband got me a gift certificate to the inn for Christmas last year. We decided to stay there in conjunction with my birthday and a visit to the surrounding area. We love historic places, and this property really fits the bill. The inn is beautiful and the staff is exceptional. As an avid Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb reader, I chose the Eve & Roarke room. It is on the back of the inn so you avoid the Main Street traffic noise. The room is nicely appointed and has a semi-private balcony. But the bathroom is to die for. From the bathtub to the multi-head shower, heated floors and towel racks and state of the art toilet, the bathroom is a dream. Walking up to the toilet with its sensor that automatically opens and closes the cover and sitting on a heated seat is amazing. I tried out the wash and dry cycles on the toilet as well. Oh my!

We took advantage of the wine and cheese reception at 6:00 and enjoyed meeting the other guests. We had dinner next door at Dan's Restaurant, which I have reviewed separately but will state here that we had a good experience there as well. Following dinner we cozied up in the library in front of the fireplace with the provided Jameson before retiring for the night. Breakfast the next morning was very good with a nice variety of choices such as cereal, oatmeal, bacon and sausages, French toast, fresh fruit and sweet rolls from the bakery next door. They also offered made to order omelets.

We appreciated the fact that we could help ourselves to water or soda at any time, and I would be remiss not to mention the cookies that are always available. They were great! Over all, the inn exceeded our expectations and it was a central location for us to visit nearby Antietam National Battlefield and Harpers Ferry.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the inn are quieter than those on Main Street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My sister and I treated ourselves to a luxurious weekend in Boonsboro, having been drawn to the small town by the Inn. The Inn is lovely, luxurious, and worth every penny. I enjoyed the peace and quiet as well as the theming of the rooms. We are JD Robb fans (I obsessively re-read the entire series every time a new book comes out), so, of course, stayed in "Eve & Roarke". The room is AMAZING! It is lush, and modern in a classic way (I'm not sure that makes any sense!). The bathroom is incredible, the high tech touches are out of this world. Small details from the series are present (Galahad, the grey button), as well as touches one would expect from a boutique hotel. The beds are very comfortable, the Inn is quiet, and the amenities are top-notch. The breakfasts were fresh, hearty, and plentiful. Our first morning, we enjoyed a sausage breakfast casserole, yogurt parfaits, and a variety of house made breakfast breads. Our second morning we enjoyed made-to-order omelets. One concern I've read in other reivews is noise--we had no trouble, found the entire experience to be peaceful, restorative, and a great getaway. We highly recommend the Inn for a weekend break and will certainly be back in the future.

Room Tip: Eve and Roarke is amazing!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I can't wait to go back! Stayed in J & R and loved the room. We had a great time; beautiful room-awesome bathroom
Other guests were friendly as were the Innkeepers and it was so much fun to see the Inn! I'd love to be there to meet Nora sometime and try a different room!

• Stayed August 2012
Pasadena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I both love Nora's books so I surprised him for our anniversary with a visit to the inn. Every detail was perfect. We stayed in the Penthouse - such a wonderful combination of luxury and comfort! The bathroom was unbelievable - huge shower and a jacuzzi tub. There are fresh flowers everywhere. The innkeepers are so nice and accommodating. We had dinner next door at Dan's - deliciouis. Breakfast the next moring at the inn was yummy. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Richwood,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a one night reservation and ended up staying two. I read the Boonesboro Books and was not one bit disappointed with the Inn. It is a must stay for Nora lovers. Have read all the J.D. Robb books and stayed in the Eve and Roarke room. Loved the small details, right down to the gray button. Ellen and Leah made us feel so welcome, they are truly special. Just guess who I ran into at Turn the Page. Nora herself. Wowee! perfect ending to a perfect stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lido Beach, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband treated me to a trip to the inn and a Turn the Page book signing event for my 30th birthday. We stayed in the Elizabeth and Darcy room, which was very luxurious. The room contained an extremely comfortable king-sized bed and access to the 2nd floor porch. The bathroom was amazing with heated floors and both a shower and an enormous clawfoot tub. The innkeepers were extremely hospitable, greeting us with smiles and giving us a tour of the entire establishment. In the evening, there was a wine and cheese hour where snacks were provided and you were able to chat with other guests/Nora Roberts fans.
As for the area, the town is charmingly quaint. We toured the local shops, including Turn and Page Bookstore and had a delicious dinner at the newly opened Dan's Taproom. The Hagerstown Outlets are also only a short drive from the Inn.
The only complaint we had with with the breakfast offering. For the amount of money that we spent, we were really disappointed by the small spread that consisted of fruit, a chocolate bunt cake, bacon, and a cheese and egg casserole. Otherwise, we had a great time and would definitely recommend the Inn Boonsboro to friends.

Room Tip: Each room (except the Penthouse) is themed after a famous romance couple and styled accordingly. Bef...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Coopersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We absolutely loved the Inn. I am an avid reader of Nora Roberts, and reading the story of
Inn Boonsboro lured me to the Inn. Many of the guests that we met while staying at the end,
were also fans of Nora's books. We stayed in the Eve and Rourke room, which was beautiful,
every detail was perfection, down to the button hidden in the room . We enjoyed ourselves and
even if you are not a Nora Roberts reader, please do not pass up staying here. You
will love the Inn and the hospitality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn BoonsBoro? Share your experiences!