“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Really enjoyed my two week stay at this hotel. The complimentary dinner Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday night was great, and the hotel providing a grocery service at no additional cost was a great benefit since I didn't have a vehicle on this trip. The nearness of the Metro was one of the main reasons for my selection of this hotel, but I also enjoyed going to the many restaurants that were a short walk from the hotel too. Also, Bethesda has a free "circulator" bus that can take you all around Bethesda and the stop is just on the other side of the Metro station.

I was told during my stay that the hotel was experiencing renovations to the rooms, so I'm sure it will be even nicer on my next stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed three nights at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown attending a workshop at the hotel. The workshop planners did really good.

The location is AMAZING - it is super convenient… just two blocks from the metro. There are four five rows of excellent restaurants (from low to high end) just a block and a half away and there is a GIANT supermarket/pharmacy (it is actually called Giant) four blocks away. Given the weather in November, it was perfect that I did not have to go far for what I need. The area is super safe.

The hotel is an excellent deal. There is a breakfast buffet (eggs, sausages, fruits, cereals, yogurt, etc!!!) and snacks and alcoholic beverages in the evening. Other amenities are great -- free wifi!!! My room is huge -- basically a suite with TWO televisions, full-size fridge, a dishwasher, a microwave… I did not need anything. And I slept extreme well… the bed was so comfortable.

Service is good. Everyone is friendly, polite and professional. I actually arrived before the check-in time and the front desk did not say anything… just gave me a sweet room.

If I am in DC again, I will stay at this hotel even if my meeting/conference/workshop is elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

I stayed at this property about 20 years ago and the rooms seem to have only had furniture upgraded during that time. I normally stay at a regular Marriott, but decided to give this a try because of it's location. My room needed a good cleaning--crumbs were around and the bathroom fixtures had lots of grime as well as the floors. I will not return again.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Sierra M, Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with the Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown. It is feedback such as yours that provides us with an opportunity to improve. I sincerely apologize that your guest room was not up to par during your most recent visit. With regards to the worn and dated furniture, we are pleased to announce that all of our guest rooms will be renovated starting December 1st. We are looking forward to our new, more contemporary look. Our housekeeping team has reviewed your feedback as well and I would like to invite you to reach out to me via email so that I may gather a few more details to share with our staff so that the lapse in service may be corrected.

I greatly appreciate you taking the time once again to share your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Sierra.Myers@marriott.com
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

the hotel is very near the metro, restaurants and heart of Bethesda. Rooms were very large and roomy with great view. Daily breakfast and dinner and cocktails in the evenings added extra value. Very friendly staff. Safe location. I loved walking in the area and felt very comfortable.

Room Tip: You can request a room that is quiet if that is what you want
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

Just came back from another spectacular stay at the Residence Inn Bethesda. It is now always my go to hotel in Bethesda. Starting from the general manager Shelly S through every staff person I have ever encountered (front desk, housekeeping, engineering etc.) the employees are all welcoming, friendly, polite, and go out of their way to assist and accommodate any special requests. The rooms are all suites with separate bedrooms and living rooms including fully supplied kitchens. The separate bedrooms coupled with the great beds provide for a quiet and comfortable sleep. The living room area and kitchen give you the feel of apartment or condo living with lots of room to spread out. The room/ apartment is always immaculately clean, kudos to housekeeping! And in my experience, and unlike some other hotels in the area, the heating/AC actually works perfectly and is quiet. The hotel, although perfectly located in the center of Bethesda yards away from the metro, shopping, and restaurant’s- is truly a Hidden Gem. For the area it is very reasonably priced, especially on the weekends. I suggest you try and book in advance and ask for any weekend rate specials, including through Triple A, military or senior rates. Parking is pricey, but ask the front desk about the free (or inexpensive ) parking in the public lots behind the hotel over the weekend only.
BTW- daily breakfasts are always included for all guests and the breakfast buffet is excellent. During the week there are also gratuitous food events which are nice too.
I only gave four stars, because the furnishings and bathrooms are dated, but otherwise this is an exceptional hotel! Enjoy you stay.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Hello Expos4ever,

What a wonderful review and the great tag line! We are happy that you continue to stay with us when you are in the Bethesda area. Thank you for the very generous comments regarding my friendly staff, being a hidden gem located in the center of Bethesda as well as sharing all the information regarding our hotel. While you gave us only 4 stars this time due to the guestrooms. I thnk you will be adding one more when you visit us next time. We begin our guestroom renovation on December 1, 2014 and expect o be completed by mid February 2015. As always, I will share your comments with my staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Shelly Saunders
Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

This location is very safe. They are redoing the sidewalks, so walking is a bit difficult for a short while. This is a city issue not the hotels. The hotel is very welcoming and a very nice place to stay. The pool is very nice. Like all DC hotels it is not inexpensive.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the 5 star rating! Good news the sidewalks are completed and downtown Bethesda is back to normal for visiting all the local shops and restaurants that are all within walking distance. Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel. We hope to see you back here soon.

Regards,

Shelly Saunders
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

I wish I could have stayed longer at this property. The staff were super friendly and helpful, with useful dining and activity recommendations, the check-in and check-out was a breeze. The location is great, two blocks from the Metro Station and in the middle of an area overflowing with great restaurants. There is even a spa, less than a block away! Not only was the complimentary breakfast a quality one, but unexpectedly there were three evenings of light dinners, including free wine one evening. I almost forgot, the beds made for a great night sleep and the suite was sweet!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown? Share your experiences!