“Great Property for DC with family” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Suwanee, Georgia
“Great Property for DC with family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Spent 3 nights recently during a spring break DC visit with our family of 5 (kids 12, 14, and 17). Room was very clean and comfortable. 2 queens and a pullout couch. Access to the Metro was 1 block away and was an easy 25 minute ride to the National Mall. Hot breakfast was offered in a very nice dining area. Also was in walking distance to many restaurants and shops. The area around the hotel was nice and we were never concerned about safety while walking around. You should definitely take the 2 block walk to Georgetown Cupcake and splurge on a $2 treat. I'm now a believer. :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We spent a week here while visiting Washington DC on spring break. The location was very convenient since we took the Metro everywhere. It was clean and the breakfasts and evening meals exceeded our expectations. The staff was also always very friendly. We had a great stay here and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed here for a weekend for the second time March 28-30, 2014 and once again was so pleased I will make this my hotel of choice for the area. I was here to visit my son, who works in Dupont Circle and lives in Bethesda with room mates. The one bedroom unit had an immaculate kitchenette and bathroom, good size bedroom, and a living room type area with couch, chair, desk, and table for eating. The bedroom and living room each had a flat screen TV. The living room was a comfortable area to congregate and have a drink before going to dinner and avoided having people perch on my bed. I took advantage of the valet parking for my rental car and found the service to be prompt and responsive. The cars are parked securely in the underground hotel garage. Loved having the breakfast on site buffet style when running out the door in the morning. Bethesda metro stop is almost directly across the street (red line) and allows easy access to the zoo, Dupont Circle, Metro Center and National Mall. Ruth's Chris steak house is approx. 2 doors to the left, Morton's steak house is across the street, and Bethesda center with its myriad of restaurants and shops is a 5 minute walk. Area is safe and well lit. Service was helpful and courteous. I gave it 4 rather than 5 stars only because it doesn't hold itself out to be a luxury hotel. The only suggestion I have for improvement would be to mention in the hotel's driving directions that the exit off of 495 West is confusing and requires a loop to the left (I think the directions refer to exit 34 as being Wisconsin Ave/Rt 355 but the sign as you follow the ramp from exit 34 doesn't mention that, instead it refers to "East -West Highway"- the first time I drove in I ended up heading the wrong way into Rockville and had to ask directions.) I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Jamaica, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I came here for a work trip and everything went well. I love that they offer free breakfast and have an evening social hour during the work week. The staff is extremely friendly as well; especially Jose. He was very welcoming and answered all my questions in a timely manner. Additionally, the area is great for shopping and food. I would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a very good hotel in 3 minutes of walk from Bethesda subway station. Friendly, helpful staff, clean spacious apartments with fully equipped kitchenette, a living room, a bedroom and tiled bathroom with a vanity - what else can a traveler need? They also serve a full English breakfast (not a" cup of coffee with a croissant " type). Perhaps some areas need a little bit of renovation but it doesn't spoil your impression of the hotel. I spent 4 nights there and I'll definitely return when I have another business trip to Washington DC.

Room Tip: No special recommendations, all apartments are good.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our two-bedroom suite was clean, quiet, and spacious; the kitchen was tight but the bathrooms were large. We found our Walter Reed commute to be easy and fast during our two-week stay. Nearby are many shops, restaurants, bars, and theaters (Trader Joes, Barnes and Noble, Jaleo, Bethesda Row Cinema). Parking is a little cheaper around the corner at the Hilton ($15 / 24 hr., no in-out privileges, pay at terminal kiosk to the right of entry).

The staff does an excellent job at this property: though we didn't use hotel parking, the valet/doormen are kind and courteous, and their infectious greetings extend to the front desk and breakfast staff. Their breakfasts were stellar, with an abundance of well-laid out, fresh offerings. One morning, the fitness room water dispenser wasn't working. After mentioning it in passing to the front desk, a tech was dispatched within 5 minutes.

We had a few meals at a neighborhood bar down the street, Markham's, and enjoyed delicious happy hour specials and friendly, quick service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Provo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The residence inn is located right downtown and is close to everything. The staff was courteous and the breakfast options were great. The biggest issue I had was that there was a leak in my toilet that would cause the water to start running every 15 minutes to fill up the toilet bowl and it was really loud. It woke me up several times throughout the night and that was very frustrating as I couldn't get the rest I needed. This was probably just an issue with my particular room and so it's not hotel wide, but it still caused me a lot of frustration.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Hi Mea,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the issue you had with the plumbing. As a light sleeper myself, I can completely understand how that drip would be annoying and keep you from getting a good nights sleep. Our goal is to provide service that exceeds our guests expectations. Unfortunately with your stay we did not meet that goal. We would certainly appreciate the opportunity to find to out specifics about your stay so we can identify the room that needs repair and as well as determine what we can do to restore your faith in our hotel. You may contact me at ri.wasbr.gm@marriott.com or call the hotel directly at 301-718-0200. I look forward to hearing from you.

Shelly

Been to Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown? Share your experiences!