“Great location, clean, great amenities” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location, clean, great amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed here for a weekend for the second time March 28-30, 2014 and once again was so pleased I will make this my hotel of choice for the area. I was here to visit my son, who works in Dupont Circle and lives in Bethesda with room mates. The one bedroom unit had an immaculate kitchenette and bathroom, good size bedroom, and a living room type area with couch, chair, desk, and table for eating. The bedroom and living room each had a flat screen TV. The living room was a comfortable area to congregate and have a drink before going to dinner and avoided having people perch on my bed. I took advantage of the valet parking for my rental car and found the service to be prompt and responsive. The cars are parked securely in the underground hotel garage. Loved having the breakfast on site buffet style when running out the door in the morning. Bethesda metro stop is almost directly across the street (red line) and allows easy access to the zoo, Dupont Circle, Metro Center and National Mall. Ruth's Chris steak house is approx. 2 doors to the left, Morton's steak house is across the street, and Bethesda center with its myriad of restaurants and shops is a 5 minute walk. Area is safe and well lit. Service was helpful and courteous. I gave it 4 rather than 5 stars only because it doesn't hold itself out to be a luxury hotel. The only suggestion I have for improvement would be to mention in the hotel's driving directions that the exit off of 495 West is confusing and requires a loop to the left (I think the directions refer to exit 34 as being Wisconsin Ave/Rt 355 but the sign as you follow the ramp from exit 34 doesn't mention that, instead it refers to "East -West Highway"- the first time I drove in I ended up heading the wrong way into Rockville and had to ask directions.) I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Jamaica, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I came here for a work trip and everything went well. I love that they offer free breakfast and have an evening social hour during the work week. The staff is extremely friendly as well; especially Jose. He was very welcoming and answered all my questions in a timely manner. Additionally, the area is great for shopping and food. I would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a very good hotel in 3 minutes of walk from Bethesda subway station. Friendly, helpful staff, clean spacious apartments with fully equipped kitchenette, a living room, a bedroom and tiled bathroom with a vanity - what else can a traveler need? They also serve a full English breakfast (not a" cup of coffee with a croissant " type). Perhaps some areas need a little bit of renovation but it doesn't spoil your impression of the hotel. I spent 4 nights there and I'll definitely return when I have another business trip to Washington DC.

Room Tip: No special recommendations, all apartments are good.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our two-bedroom suite was clean, quiet, and spacious; the kitchen was tight but the bathrooms were large. We found our Walter Reed commute to be easy and fast during our two-week stay. Nearby are many shops, restaurants, bars, and theaters (Trader Joes, Barnes and Noble, Jaleo, Bethesda Row Cinema). Parking is a little cheaper around the corner at the Hilton ($15 / 24 hr., no in-out privileges, pay at terminal kiosk to the right of entry).

The staff does an excellent job at this property: though we didn't use hotel parking, the valet/doormen are kind and courteous, and their infectious greetings extend to the front desk and breakfast staff. Their breakfasts were stellar, with an abundance of well-laid out, fresh offerings. One morning, the fitness room water dispenser wasn't working. After mentioning it in passing to the front desk, a tech was dispatched within 5 minutes.

We had a few meals at a neighborhood bar down the street, Markham's, and enjoyed delicious happy hour specials and friendly, quick service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Provo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The residence inn is located right downtown and is close to everything. The staff was courteous and the breakfast options were great. The biggest issue I had was that there was a leak in my toilet that would cause the water to start running every 15 minutes to fill up the toilet bowl and it was really loud. It woke me up several times throughout the night and that was very frustrating as I couldn't get the rest I needed. This was probably just an issue with my particular room and so it's not hotel wide, but it still caused me a lot of frustration.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Hi Mea,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the issue you had with the plumbing. As a light sleeper myself, I can completely understand how that drip would be annoying and keep you from getting a good nights sleep. Our goal is to provide service that exceeds our guests expectations. Unfortunately with your stay we did not meet that goal. We would certainly appreciate the opportunity to find to out specifics about your stay so we can identify the room that needs repair and as well as determine what we can do to restore your faith in our hotel. You may contact me at ri.wasbr.gm@marriott.com or call the hotel directly at 301-718-0200. I look forward to hearing from you.

Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed for the first time at this Residence Inn and it was wonderful. A crib awaited our arrival, the room was large and comfortable, the staff couldn't have been kinder, and the price was reasonable. This will be our "go to" hotel in the DC area.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hi Sheila,

We are so glad that you chose to try our Residence Inn while in Bethesda with your family. Thank you for the kind comments regarding our staff. We are always happy to hear that our team made a great impression with our guests. We look forward to your future visit while in the DC area.

Regards,

DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed here on the last night on our trip across the States and was by far our best stay. Check-in was fast and efficient, the room was spacious, quiet and clean. The free breakfast was an actual buffet instead of the usual poor quality bagels and oatmeal. The restaurants a block away are some of the best in the DC area, not to be missed! I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 5th floor. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello roxita,

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that we were able to make the final stop in your cross country trip the best one. Thank you so much for the recommendation.

Shelly

Been to Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown? Share your experiences!