“Loud Room” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Bethesda
Provo
“Loud Room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The residence inn is located right downtown and is close to everything. The staff was courteous and the breakfast options were great. The biggest issue I had was that there was a leak in my toilet that would cause the water to start running every 15 minutes to fill up the toilet bowl and it was really loud. It woke me up several times throughout the night and that was very frustrating as I couldn't get the rest I needed. This was probably just an issue with my particular room and so it's not hotel wide, but it still caused me a lot of frustration.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Hi Mea,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the issue you had with the plumbing. As a light sleeper myself, I can completely understand how that drip would be annoying and keep you from getting a good nights sleep. Our goal is to provide service that exceeds our guests expectations. Unfortunately with your stay we did not meet that goal. We would certainly appreciate the opportunity to find to out specifics about your stay so we can identify the room that needs repair and as well as determine what we can do to restore your faith in our hotel. You may contact me at ri.wasbr.gm@marriott.com or call the hotel directly at 301-718-0200. I look forward to hearing from you.

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed for the first time at this Residence Inn and it was wonderful. A crib awaited our arrival, the room was large and comfortable, the staff couldn't have been kinder, and the price was reasonable. This will be our "go to" hotel in the DC area.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hi Sheila,

We are so glad that you chose to try our Residence Inn while in Bethesda with your family. Thank you for the kind comments regarding our staff. We are always happy to hear that our team made a great impression with our guests. We look forward to your future visit while in the DC area.

Regards,

DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed here on the last night on our trip across the States and was by far our best stay. Check-in was fast and efficient, the room was spacious, quiet and clean. The free breakfast was an actual buffet instead of the usual poor quality bagels and oatmeal. The restaurants a block away are some of the best in the DC area, not to be missed! I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 5th floor. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello roxita,

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that we were able to make the final stop in your cross country trip the best one. Thank you so much for the recommendation.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and two kids for a long weekend. It is a very convenient option for families. We were able to put both kids in the living room, use the kitchen for preparing milk and snacks, and free breakfast downstairs was a big hit. The room was decorated nicely and while it is an older building, the beds and shower were updated. On a weekend, we could here a little street noise, so I would request a high floor. There is plenty within walking distance in Bethesda and the metro is just outside. I would definitely stay here again. One note - definitely go for a room package with valet parking, as you will need it if you come with a car.

Room Tip: request a high floor facing waverly
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for the nice review. We are happy you enjoyed your weekend getaway with the family and our hotel amenities. Our location in Bethesda and the suites are perfect for families visiting family and friends in the immediate area or hopping on the metro to DC. We hope to see you again when you visit Bethesda.

Warm Regards,

NJ USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have stayed here on many occasions and it is well suited for suits and families given the various choices in town. It has competition but the staff makes it feel just right ...they are courteous and well trained. The rooms are traditional family suite arrangements and the property is getting a bit worn like the bathrooms, but the beds/linens are all good and the maintenance staff stays on top of everything. The free breakfast is also a nice perk. My only complaint is they need to stir the oatmeal occasionally to avoid clumping. Hopefully mgmt is reading this :-).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Right across from the Metro station, small suites suitable for families with children, clean, convenient, and you get free Wi-Fi and breakfast!

What's not to love?!?!

I stay here whenever I am with my daughters. There is tons of close by shopping, food, and entertainment. Plus all of DC is a train ride away.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and have had good experiences. My family is going to Bethesda this weekend to visit my very sick mother in the hospital and we planned to stay at the same Residence Inn. However, I learned they recently changed their pet policy to charge $175 - non-refundable! This is an OUTRAGEOUS fee for bringing your pet - more than it costs to rent the room for one night! I suggest you stay at the Sheraton in Silver Spring instead. They are *actually* pet friendly. Harrumph!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown? Share your experiences!