“Super friendly staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Huntington, Vermont
“Super friendly staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed here with my 1 year old and nanny. I was away most of the day at work in the area, and my nanny and son wondered the halls and the area. The set-up is great for a baby - there's a bedroom and bathroom with a door that closes it off from the living room and kitchen. We had a fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher and a few essential furnishings. We could put him down for naps in one room and have conversations, watch tv, or eat in the other. The breakfast is quite good for a hotel of this type - with eggs, waffles, fruit, etc. They also have complimentary dinners during the week. Finally, all the staff were wonderful. They remembered my son's upcoming birthday and talked to him every time they saw him. Everyone always had a smile and was very helpful. We'll stay here again when I need to come back for business!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We just completed a four night stay at this great Marriott property. As a Rewards member, I have stayed at Marriotts across the country and in Europe. I must say that the staff was by far one of the friendliest I have had the pleasure to meet. We were always greeted with a smile and a "welcome back" when we returned. The pet policy is a definite plus. Unlike some other hotels, there is a ONE time fee for pet cleaning at this property. There is also a great park for pet walking a block away. I highly recommend this Residence Inn to anyone traveling with a pet.
Valet parking was also a plus. We never had to wait for our car to be delivered. We called, left the room, and the car was waiting for us. Shopping, theaters, restaurants (high and low end), and the Metro are all close by the hotel. The included breakfast had a good variety of food available-and, it was hot. To keep from getting boring, there was always something differnent each morning. We'll be back!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors toward the back tend to be more quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you made the most of our great location in Downtown Bethesda. We look forward to hosting your again the future.

Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Good location if you want to be in Bethesda, very near the Metro: 15 min to downtown Washington. Rooms etc as expected from this type of hotel; indeed very large suites with fully equipped kitchens, large TV screens in both sitting and sleeping rooms. Good surprises: free WiFi and breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Madison, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My stay at this hotel is always positive. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and have everything I need. We are near the Metro and we can walk to many stores and restaurants. I started coming to Bethesda for treatment at NIH. And stayed for many months. The staff became family to me. Have been coming to the Residence Bethesda since 2009 and will keep going back.

Room Tip: away from Wisconsin Ave. quieter on the other side
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The room was large and comfortable. Breakfast was included in the room rate and offered a good variety of options. The hotel is walking distance to restaurants and bars in Bethesda and just steps away from the Metro Station. The staff was always courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: We recommend asking for the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

International traveler from UK. Stay was for 3 night (3-6th October). I assumed that restless sleep was due to time difference (UK-USA) or the intermittent clicking in and out (quite loud) of the air conditioning. However, on the third night it became apparent that the noise was from above the room and was intermittent and sounded like a large pump or fan kicking in or out. Noise lasted 5 minutes or so but was at varying intervals throughout the night.
Very unsympathetic response and questioned why I only complained on the last night? I tried to explain that I put the first nights lack of sleep to jet-lag/time difference.
I was then double charged for the room but not even an apology when they recognized it was their mistake!!
I will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 309 was awful but machinery noise might be an issue with other rooms on this floor. Best tip, b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Good Day Bill,

Please accept my apology for restless sleep you experience while staying at our hotel. We do understand how important a good night sleep is and how difficult it can be when traveling internationally. I deeply regret that you had this experience. I was also extremely disappointed to hear about the staff response to your situation. I have spoken to the staff member and they ensured me that they did not intend for the comments to be perceived as such and ask to apologize for the misunderstanding.
Bill, our mission is to execute a level of service that exceeds your individual expectations. We regret that we did not meet this expectation during your stay. While you mentioned you would not be staying at this hotel again, we would like the opportunity to regain your trust in our services. Please contact myself if you will be traveling back to the Bethesda.

Maplewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Everyone at this hotel is efficient and pleasant! The room was actually a bedroom, with very comfortable beds, a living room with a desk and a dining table and a kitchen. The tvs in both rooms were large and HD!
This is one of the best deals I ever found in the DC area, and it's close to the restaurants and shops in Bethesda.
You get a free breakfast, and it's a full, hot breakfast with alot of healthy choices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
#4 of 11 in Bethesda
4.0 of 5 stars 329 reviews
U Street Corridor
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chevy Chase Pavilion

Been to Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown? Share your experiences!