“Business week at the Bethesda Res Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Bethesda
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
“Business week at the Bethesda Res Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Good location if you want to be in Bethesda, very near the Metro: 15 min to downtown Washington. Rooms etc as expected from this type of hotel; indeed very large suites with fully equipped kitchens, large TV screens in both sitting and sleeping rooms. Good surprises: free WiFi and breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Madison, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My stay at this hotel is always positive. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and have everything I need. We are near the Metro and we can walk to many stores and restaurants. I started coming to Bethesda for treatment at NIH. And stayed for many months. The staff became family to me. Have been coming to the Residence Bethesda since 2009 and will keep going back.

Room Tip: away from Wisconsin Ave. quieter on the other side
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The room was large and comfortable. Breakfast was included in the room rate and offered a good variety of options. The hotel is walking distance to restaurants and bars in Bethesda and just steps away from the Metro Station. The staff was always courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: We recommend asking for the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

International traveler from UK. Stay was for 3 night (3-6th October). I assumed that restless sleep was due to time difference (UK-USA) or the intermittent clicking in and out (quite loud) of the air conditioning. However, on the third night it became apparent that the noise was from above the room and was intermittent and sounded like a large pump or fan kicking in or out. Noise lasted 5 minutes or so but was at varying intervals throughout the night.
Very unsympathetic response and questioned why I only complained on the last night? I tried to explain that I put the first nights lack of sleep to jet-lag/time difference.
I was then double charged for the room but not even an apology when they recognized it was their mistake!!
I will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 309 was awful but machinery noise might be an issue with other rooms on this floor. Best tip, b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Good Day Bill,

Please accept my apology for restless sleep you experience while staying at our hotel. We do understand how important a good night sleep is and how difficult it can be when traveling internationally. I deeply regret that you had this experience. I was also extremely disappointed to hear about the staff response to your situation. I have spoken to the staff member and they ensured me that they did not intend for the comments to be perceived as such and ask to apologize for the misunderstanding.
Bill, our mission is to execute a level of service that exceeds your individual expectations. We regret that we did not meet this expectation during your stay. While you mentioned you would not be staying at this hotel again, we would like the opportunity to regain your trust in our services. Please contact myself if you will be traveling back to the Bethesda.

Maplewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Everyone at this hotel is efficient and pleasant! The room was actually a bedroom, with very comfortable beds, a living room with a desk and a dining table and a kitchen. The tvs in both rooms were large and HD!
This is one of the best deals I ever found in the DC area, and it's close to the restaurants and shops in Bethesda.
You get a free breakfast, and it's a full, hot breakfast with alot of healthy choices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We came for a few nights, during a family trip, to see Washington. Traveling with 3 kids, we wanted a large room, close to the metro, in a good price - and we found it all here.
Very nice staff, always willing to advice and help.
We received an e-mail a couple of days in advance, with driving directions and recommendations for dining and shopping around - nice touch.
The best breakfast complimentary breakfast we have seen in our US trip.
You also get free wifi, not a minor thing for big towns hotels.
The metro is right by, and the parking valet was useful, given limited parking options around. In fact, we did not need to use the car at all while staying.
Also a 2 minutes walk is Bethesda Row, which has a lot of dining options, and is a nice place to spend the evening.
The laundry room could use a better upkeep and maintenance, and bigger machines - as a lot of people uses it.
All in all, a very pleasant time, convenient, and would return if ever back in DC.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I admit it: Residence Inn may be my new favorite hotel brand. From the super-friendly valets for parking to the warm greeting at the Front Desk to my wonderful welcome gift to the amazing bathtub, my stay at the Bethesda Marriott was extraordinary. When I asked for directions from the valets, a map magically appeared. They were so clear in their directions, i didn't even have to take the map and I did get to my destination in no time at all. I love it, when properties have well-trained staffs. Then there were the equally well-trained and friendly front desk people, who seemed genuinely glad that I had chosen their property. My healthy goodies waiting for me were scarfed down in record time. How did they know I had skipped lunch? The bathtub was just deep enough to get a good soak and the bed made me wish I had gotten to it a lot earlier. All-in -all, this was an exemplary stay. I was so impressed with the staff that I made a special trip back to the property to meet their very effective General Manager, Shelly Sanders. I'm convinced that she is the reason why when you do a search on the Marriott.com site for Bethesda properties, this one rarely shows up; it's always booked. This property is definitely worth seeking out.

Room Tip: I always ask for a higher floor; this time, I had a beautiful L-shaped room on one of their higher f...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown? Share your experiences!