“Great Space and Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Arvada, Colorado
“Great Space and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The room was large and comfortable. Breakfast was included in the room rate and offered a good variety of options. The hotel is walking distance to restaurants and bars in Bethesda and just steps away from the Metro Station. The staff was always courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: We recommend asking for the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

International traveler from UK. Stay was for 3 night (3-6th October). I assumed that restless sleep was due to time difference (UK-USA) or the intermittent clicking in and out (quite loud) of the air conditioning. However, on the third night it became apparent that the noise was from above the room and was intermittent and sounded like a large pump or fan kicking in or out. Noise lasted 5 minutes or so but was at varying intervals throughout the night.
Very unsympathetic response and questioned why I only complained on the last night? I tried to explain that I put the first nights lack of sleep to jet-lag/time difference.
I was then double charged for the room but not even an apology when they recognized it was their mistake!!
I will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 309 was awful but machinery noise might be an issue with other rooms on this floor. Best tip, b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Good Day Bill,

Please accept my apology for restless sleep you experience while staying at our hotel. We do understand how important a good night sleep is and how difficult it can be when traveling internationally. I deeply regret that you had this experience. I was also extremely disappointed to hear about the staff response to your situation. I have spoken to the staff member and they ensured me that they did not intend for the comments to be perceived as such and ask to apologize for the misunderstanding.
Bill, our mission is to execute a level of service that exceeds your individual expectations. We regret that we did not meet this expectation during your stay. While you mentioned you would not be staying at this hotel again, we would like the opportunity to regain your trust in our services. Please contact myself if you will be traveling back to the Bethesda.

Maplewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Everyone at this hotel is efficient and pleasant! The room was actually a bedroom, with very comfortable beds, a living room with a desk and a dining table and a kitchen. The tvs in both rooms were large and HD!
This is one of the best deals I ever found in the DC area, and it's close to the restaurants and shops in Bethesda.
You get a free breakfast, and it's a full, hot breakfast with alot of healthy choices.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We came for a few nights, during a family trip, to see Washington. Traveling with 3 kids, we wanted a large room, close to the metro, in a good price - and we found it all here.
Very nice staff, always willing to advice and help.
We received an e-mail a couple of days in advance, with driving directions and recommendations for dining and shopping around - nice touch.
The best breakfast complimentary breakfast we have seen in our US trip.
You also get free wifi, not a minor thing for big towns hotels.
The metro is right by, and the parking valet was useful, given limited parking options around. In fact, we did not need to use the car at all while staying.
Also a 2 minutes walk is Bethesda Row, which has a lot of dining options, and is a nice place to spend the evening.
The laundry room could use a better upkeep and maintenance, and bigger machines - as a lot of people uses it.
All in all, a very pleasant time, convenient, and would return if ever back in DC.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I admit it: Residence Inn may be my new favorite hotel brand. From the super-friendly valets for parking to the warm greeting at the Front Desk to my wonderful welcome gift to the amazing bathtub, my stay at the Bethesda Marriott was extraordinary. When I asked for directions from the valets, a map magically appeared. They were so clear in their directions, i didn't even have to take the map and I did get to my destination in no time at all. I love it, when properties have well-trained staffs. Then there were the equally well-trained and friendly front desk people, who seemed genuinely glad that I had chosen their property. My healthy goodies waiting for me were scarfed down in record time. How did they know I had skipped lunch? The bathtub was just deep enough to get a good soak and the bed made me wish I had gotten to it a lot earlier. All-in -all, this was an exemplary stay. I was so impressed with the staff that I made a special trip back to the property to meet their very effective General Manager, Shelly Sanders. I'm convinced that she is the reason why when you do a search on the Marriott.com site for Bethesda properties, this one rarely shows up; it's always booked. This property is definitely worth seeking out.

Room Tip: I always ask for a higher floor; this time, I had a beautiful L-shaped room on one of their higher f...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) stayed here for one night to visit a friend in the area. This was a great Residence Inn (far better than another Residence Inn we stayed in recently). The 1 bedroom suite was very large. There was room in the bedroom for the 2 queens plus our 2 portable cribs and we didn't feel cramped at all. Everything was nicely decorated and super clean. It seemed as though the hotel has been renovated recently. There is a rooftop pool - nice if you stay there in the summer. The location is great - near the Metro, restaurants, and easy to drive to. We had valet parking included in our room rate, which was approximately $150. Breakfast was included and was a big buffet of hot and cold options. We will definitely stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very roomy suites and great, comfortable beds. The evening reception person "Polina"(?) did an amazingly professional job dealing with a ranting, unstable guest who came to the desk in our presence at 9:30 pm and demanded that her "uncomfortable" mattress be replaced flaunting her supposed "Platinum" status and ranting about how miserable her life has been since August, blah, blah blah.... The woman at reception was evenly professional and rational in the face of a nutcase crazy lady. We were so impressed. I am actually Marriott Platinum elite, no civilized person would think of of behaving this way. Anyway, we avoided the free breakfast, which apparently gets crowded, as I recall from a visit here a few years ago.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown? Share your experiences!