“Resturaunt Services and Staff Contributions” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Bethesda
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Resturaunt Services and Staff Contributions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I had a great experience at the at the Residence Inn restaurant. Reservations where made but I had to rearrange my schedule unexpectedly due to unforeseen time constraints and I was not going to be able to attend. Shortly after that I came to find out that the business meeting got pushed back. I was unable to get in touch with my clients to reconfirm, but luckily a manager by the name of Mr. Ron Khan called to advise me of the change of the table reservations and worked as a liaison through my clients. His anticipatory actions and keen sense saved the day. Long story short, I was prepared ahead of time due to the concern of the Marriott staff, namely Mr. Khan, and I was able to meet with my clients on time to help facilitate the meeting. Thanks for your help Ron.

Room Tip: First things first, introduce yourself to the staff and get to know them.Cause you never know when y...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Naperville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

Location is the big positive for this hotel. Otherwise not too much here. There's no restaurant, no lounge, and no pool. Parking is $20 valet or meters in the public garage next door. Breakfast is fine

• Stayed December 2011
HotelResidenceInn, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing at our hotel. I have read your review and wanted to point out that the Residence Inn Brand does not have restaurants or Lounges typically in them. We have our Hearthroom where we serve a full complimentary breakfast buffet 7 days a week as well as an evening social (light dinner) 3 nights a week. Unfortunately our pool is outside on our roof and is only open seasonally. We hope you have a Happy New Year and return during the warmer months to utilize our pool.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We came from down the road and wanted to visit because we had a free night. Valet is okay, a lady at check in said that Potbelly was across the street. It is actually down another street. We went downtown, had dinner and went back to the room. All night we could hear the subway, and the heater sounded like a giant boom when it turns on. So, not the best but still okay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Good Morning and Happy New Year. Thank you for filling out your survey. I am sorry that your stay was less than stellar. I am surpised you were able to hear the Metro since we are a block and a half away and across the street from it. While I do not doubt it we have never ahd any issue with it prior. The heater in your room making noise is not acceptable. You did not say but I hope we offered a room change for you so you could have a better stay. The units are heat pump type and if not working right might make a nioise upon turning on. I have shared this with our engineering staf and are checking all units.

Thank you for taking your time and hope you stay with us on your return to Bethesda.
New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

My spouse and I always prefer a hotel when visiting relatives, and this one has proved to be the perfect solution. The suites are comfortable and well-appointed. A full kitchen is supplied, if you want the option of "eating in" after too much eating out. The beds are comfortable. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, and the prices to be well in line with other hotels in the 'hood that offer fewer amenities. The free breakfast buffet is ample and has items that can appeal to all tastes. I did not try the complimentary dinner.

Room Tip: Our suite faced Wisconsin Avenue. It wasn't noisy, and was more interesting than one facing an...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Happy New Year! Thank you for a wonderful review. We appreciate receiving comments to ensure that we maintain the best service in Bethesda. I have shared your review with our staff at our morning meetings. Everyone including the breakfast staff was excited. We hope you have a great start to 2012 and look forward to your return.
Youngstown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

This hotel has a classic but also casual feel to it. loved the lay out of the rooms. cute kitchen set-up. breakfast was great, very satisfied with selection of foods. the only reason I did not give this hotel a 5 points was due to the expense of valet parking, but if money is not an object for you then this hotel is an excellent choice for lodging in downtown Bethesda.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review. It is always great tot hear how good we are doing. I agree that Valet Parking can sometime be a challange, but due to our downtown location and limited parking, Valet is truly our only means of parking for our guests. There are 3 self parking garages around the corner from the hotel, but for a daily fee, they are $5 per day higher, unless it is a weekend when they are free.

We look forward to your return, and have a Great New Year!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

efficient, clean, great location right downtown, $20 overnight parking is a bargain (you can go in and out numerous times a day for this price).

Breakfast was really "full" and delicious (and free), rooms-clean and spacious. Will definitely recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Good Morning! htank you for such a great review. We try very hard to make sure all of our guests have a great experience! We have shared your review to the staff at our morning meeting and everyone gave a big round of applause. While we know you have choices when visiting we are glad you chose us and look forward to you return!

Have a Happy New Year!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I travel to Bethesda a few times a year and always stay here. The rooms are great, in particular the kitchen area allowing the storage of items in the fridge and being able to make my own lunch etc (and to have a hot drink before breakfast when waking early due to jet-lag). Friendly and thorough cleaning staff and the reception staff are excellent. Twice I've had to ask for some help and twice their response has been first class. Breakfast is ok, though as a vegetarian I'm always limited in my choice for breakfast in hotels and rarely eat there. Would be nice to see yoghurts without gelatin though.

Location is excellent. A very short walk to the metro and within easy walking distance of many good (and some bad) restaurants. Free wifi helps life as well.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown? Share your experiences!