“A nice hotel close to NIH” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Nova Scotia
“A nice hotel close to NIH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

A very nice hotel. Beds and pillows are spectacular as usual for this chain. Nice toiletries.
Reception staff friendly and prompt.
Restaurant has excellent food although menu is a bit limited. Service good>
Shuttle schedule is not always predictable and slowed down by check points entering NIH. Pick up not timely at times.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank NovaScotiaSeaport

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

So this hotel is not in the city but you still have to pay for parking!?! The location is convenient if your visiting the NIH. However, I'd rather stay in Bethesda itself. I have stayed at this hotel a few times, booked by bidding on priceline. Therefore for the price I bid, it was a good deal. However, they charge you for parking so park on the street, just move your car by 7am. The rooms are not like a high end marriott, but I think thats universal. It was a nice hotel and the staff kinda knows me, treats me well even though I'm only silver and have loyalty to starwoods! Just use the hotel to stay the night and the gym. Don't eat at the restaraunt as its a rip-off and bethesda has over a 100 restaraunts to choose from!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

The positives: quiet, comfortable beds, clean, fitness center had good selection of equipment, decent value - our room rate was $89 per night plus taxes.
The negatives: location not within walking distance of any restaurants or stores - car dependent. Bathroom water pressure low, poor ventilation, room temperature too hot and could not be adjusted to be below 65 - thermostat probably not accurate. Same issue with fitness center too hot. Parking and internet were extra costs, no refrigerator in room. Maintenance issues - for example no clean earphones in fitness center on multiple days. Rooms small with low ceilings. Restaurant food was mediocre.

Bedside nightable drawer had copy of Bible and Book of Mormon (but no Koran or other religious texts).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

I was leaving my meeting and went outside for a cab. There was no valet or bellhop outside and a gentleman I had never seen approached me, pointed to his unmarked car and said 'I can take you, where you going?' As a very frequent traveler, I do not get into unmarked cars alone. I went back into the hotel reception to ask for a cab to be called for me. The gentleman followed me inside and insisted to the receptionist that he was indeed hired by the hotel.
In the end I waited for a cab that didn't come, and the next day a very similar story, and the next. I ended up walking, along Rockville Pike in my work clothes to the metro. The hotel staff should take better care of their guests transportation needs.
Also, there's no wifi in the meeting rooms.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

The hotel was lovely...the staff could not have been more accommodating. I was beginning a trial at NIH and really needed a relaxing place to stay after a long day of tests, etc. On our first morning, my mother and I discovered we had nothing but cold water in our bathroom. We informed the desk, and were assured it would be fixed. At the end of the day, we found we still had nothing but cold showers. The person at the desk was very apologetic, telling us that there was a note saying it had been fixed. But, since it had not been fixed, we were moved to a concierge floor, given free internet, and many coupons for free coffee. Not only did we now have hot showers, we were exceedingly impressed with the desire of the staff to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The hotel has a shuttle to the NIH, and if you're travelling at off times, just schedule a pick-up at the desk and they will take care of you. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. I will be returning to the NIH weekly for the next two months, and have already booked the Marriott for every trip. Thank you to the staff at Pooks Hill Rd!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Lexington MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

My husband and I have used this hotel numerous times for weekend stays when the rates were especially attractive--I usually check other alternatives before booking. We request and have always gotten a high floor, extra towels, and a small refrigerator (no charge for this). Our king rooms have been large, well-lit, and clean; the beds at this and other Marriotts are extremely comfortable. Service is good; the staff are pleasant and very responsive to any complaint.

We have often taken advantage of the indoor/outdoor pool and the exercise facilities. Both are well maintained. The indoor part of the pool has warm water and is very suitable for kids. The fitness center provides clean headphones and fresh fruit.

The hotel's location is convenient only for someone with a car. We have never used the shuttle, but I've heard other guests complaining about the schedule. A reliable shuttle would definitely be a plus, since the hotel is quite handy to downtown Bethesda and the Metro. We avoid the parking fee by parking on the street--very easy on the weekend, a bit more challenging but still feasible during the week.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

Good hotel. Concierge level is nothing special. Service good.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Bethesda Marriott Suites
Bethesda Court Hotel
Bethesda Court Hotel
#4 of 11 in Bethesda
4.0 of 5 stars 329 reviews

Been to Bethesda Marriott? Share your experiences!