“Suites are Sweet !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20% off
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
“Suites are Sweet !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised at how big the suites were. We were getting together with classmates of my husbands and we all were booked on one floor. If they stayed up and partied and we went to be you could shut the bathroom door and the bedroom door and not here them at all. I also liked the fact the bathroom was closed off mostly from the bedroom. It takes me longer to get ready than my husband and I was able to take a shower with out disturbing him, but the make-up mirror and where i would blow dry my hair and things were connected with out a door and then he had to get up.. only bummer.!!! The pool area is very nice and kid friendly even though we did not have kids. Hours for the pool way more accommodating than most hotels that want to close the pool at 10:00 p.m. The car port very accommodating also , but parkon the third floor cause its connected the main lobby.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
keith_mcneill, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Cheryl S,

It makes us happy to hear that you found our suites so sweet! We are glad that you had a good time and were able to get ready for the most part without disturbing your husband! Thanks for taking the time to share your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Accokeek, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel. From the time I drove up to the time I drove away, I received nothing bu A-1 service. I came to this hotel to teach at a conference. The concierge was most helpful in getting my luggage and all of my training boxes out of my car and to my classroom as well as my hotel room. The check-in staff was most accommodating in ensuring I had an upper level floor (I love being up high and looking out over the city). When I went to my room, the window was a bit disappointing; it was small and very dirty. I called and explained my dilemma and was offered another room. I found out later that the hotel is having some remodeling work done so all of the outside windows were a bit dirty. The food was delicious; even my late night snack of calamari and spinach dip was scrumptious. My only complaint was the unusual odor throughout the hotel - I assume it was because of the remodeling. I sprayed air freshener in my classroom and endured for the weekend. Another dislike I had was the refrigerator; it was old, dented and sitting on the floor; and no microwave. I loved the indoor outdoor pool and the small workout room! Overall, this is a great hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the "city side" are a tad bit larger than on the pool side.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
keith_mcneill, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear PastorPastor,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent weekend stay with us. It makes us so happy to hear you received "A-1 service" the entire weekend and that you found our staff so helpful, friendly and quick to help in any way. We do appreciate you being patient with our on-going improvements to our hotel and will investigate any odors that may be occurring as a result of this. We do hope we can welcome you back again some time soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed at the Bethesda Marriott July 19 to July 23. I found all services performed with a smile but what I found to be even more welcome was the way the guest service staff went out of their way in order to answer any questions. The shuttle service was most accommodating and I thank them sincerely for the ability to park without any outrageous fee. I guess my only concern was the fact that there were only stairs available to access the pool. I have difficulty with stairs due to my arthritis and I'd thought I could walk to the pool deck on the main floor once I saw there was a door there to access the pool but unfortunately, there were stairs down to the pool just as there were stairs up to the pool on the "pool" access floor from the elevator.
Cheryl Chenet

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
keith_mcneill, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear C C,

Thank you for letting us know that you were very pleased with our hotel when you stayed with us recently. We are thrilled to know you received service with a smile and that you found our staff so welcoming and friendly. We are also glad you found our shuttle service so convenient. We apologize for issues you encountered getting to the pool area. We thank you for pointing this out and will take in to review how we can make it easier for all guests to access this area. We hope we can welcome you back one day.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed the Bethesda Marriott for a couple of nites on a business trip with a group. We also rented a conference room for meetings over couple of days. Overall I like this hotel but it's a bit hard to rate as it's undergoing a fairly extensive renovation. Certainly the low rate we paid was very attractive and we were never felt inconvenienced by the renovation.

The hotel has the standard Marriott decor. I was in a very nice room that was likely renovated recently. Very nice bathroom. Loved the under-counter nite lite. Very nice touch. I especially liked the the nicely designed desk area (see attached photo). The desk had 10 (yes, ten) available electrical outlets on top. Perfect for the business traveler with multiple devices. I hate having to get on my knees and move furniture to find enough outlets to charge my laptop, phone, tablet, etc. This is the best I've ever seen in a hotel!!!!

There is a decent restaurant and bar/lounge just off of the lobby.

Dear steveprez,

We are pleased to hear you had a great stay with us while on business recently. Glad our on-going renovations and improvements did not disrupt your stay and that business went on as usual. Thank you for mentioning how much you liked your room accommodations and your desk set-up. We strive to make our guests feel welcome and well cared for and we are glad this made a difference in your stay with us. We do hope to welcome you back again some day.
Lowell, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed here at the Bethesda Marriott for a week (July 13-19) during the National Young Leaders Conference. I have to say that I was very impressed. The beds and cots were very comfortable. The room is clean. It was just annoying that the movies were blocked because we were part of the group. I stayed on the 4th floor of the hotel. The Agio restaurant tastes fantastic, and I was so happy when I learned that you served Starbucks Coffee! The conference rooms (especially Potomac) was very cold, and we had to sit through the cold air for a long time. The store had a great selection of necessities and snacks for the night. The wifi is expensive but it was unbelievably fast, I'm amazed. The front desk staff during the day were not friendly and sometimes even rude. The night staff was very welcoming.Other than that, I enjoyed my stay, and will consider coming back with my family in the future! :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
keith_mcneill, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Andre R,

It makes us happy to hear you had a very good stay recently at our hotel. We are glad to learn that you room accommodations were to your liking and that you were able to enjoy many of the amenities our hotel provides. We appreciate you pointing out issues good and bad with our front desk staff. We will take note of this as we are always working on ways we can improve to make a guest's stay more enjoyable from start to finish. We look forward to welcoming you and hopefully your family to our hotel, some time soon.
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

$15 to park, but was comped at check out.
The front desk clerk was very rude, had the personality of a turd, so that set me off from the start.
Rooms were adequate. $12.95 for wifi only free in public areas.
Found ants in our room, informed the front desk they may want to spray, cut $25 off my bill.
It was OK. Nothing to write home about

Stayed July 2014
Dear TaraLynn74,

We appreciate the time you took to share your opinions of our hotel. While it is never our intention to disappoint a guest in any way, Clearly we did not maintain Marriott's high standards of hospitality and for that we apologize. We appreciate the time you took to point out where you feel we were lacking as we view this as an incredible opportunity to make it right for the next guest. We are glad to know that some adjustments were made to help compensate for your inconveniences.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is very easy to find just off 495. The entrance is well marked and the grounds are lovely. Upon entering the hotel for check-in, the bell man to the right stood there leaning on the stand and when I asked where check-in was he seemed annoyed. Check-in is to the left and back. Not very intuitive as you walk in and the restaurant is directly in front of you. At the desk, the gentleman checked me in without any enthusiasm. I had to ask about parking, where the elevators were, if I had lounge access (platinum), where the lounge was etc. The room was typical renovated king bed room. Clean and comfortable. The lounge was also standard but again there was no welcome by the staff. No smile. Just someone to clean up and clear the dish tray. Marriott standard by looks but not by action/words. I gave it a 3 due to the meeting the Marriott standard. Although I was not there during the day, there is some construction going on. They do notify you of that upon check-in and with signage throughout the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
keith_mcneill, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear blondechickma,

Clearly, we did not live up to your expectations regarding Marriott's high standards of hospitality at our hotel and for that we do apologize. We appreciate the time you took to point out where you feel we were lacking as we view this as an incredible opportunity to make it right for our next guest. Rest assured we will be reviewing each item with the relevant departments to ensure that we address these issue. We do hope to welcome you back some day.

Been to Bethesda Marriott? Share your experiences!