“Two Nights at Marriott” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Two Nights at Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Two nights stay at Bethesda Marriott was fine. Paying extra for parking seems unnecessary, especially when on their own property and outside. Also charging for in room wi-fi is a disappointment . Purchased room on Priceline and extra charges are an annoyance. King size bed had very small feather pillows and only three for two people. Otherwise, bed was comfortable, TV worked fine, clean, good shower, small sink. Adequate and acceptable. Restaurant manager was very helpful with printing directions for bike route into Georgetown!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I are traveling with our college football team. This is the hotel the school booked the team with. There was a staff member who met our bus with a cheery hello as well as a few who met us in the lobby as we picked up our key. They had a staff member on each floor at the elevators to help us find our rooms and answer questions. I have never had such service. It was wonderful and will leave a very lasting positive memory of this trip. P.S. I also loved the large shower head. Very soothing after a hot plane and bus ride.

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My sister, nephew & I had reservations for two adjoining rooms. When we arrived, the rooms were not ready but for waiting, we got upgraded to 1 suite & 1 room, adjoining. Well, the suite overlooked the parking lot & had a chemical smell that made my sister sick. Plus, this suite was so crowded with furniture, you could barely walk around. The bedroom ceiling was approximately 5'8" high & the rooms dusty. The sheers on the windows have not been washed in ages (I'm being kind) My sister called the reception desk & Jennie helped us & we got 2 adjoining rooms on the 3rd floor overlooking the swimming pool & gardens. Plus, for $109. a night, we got a full breakfast. The food was good.
There is an indoor pool plus the outdoor pool. Absolutely lovely.
They offer free shuttle service to the Metro & to the National Institute of Health, & in the evening free shuttle service to Bethesda.
The restaurant in the Lobby had a limited menu but we had pizza & chicken fingers which were both good.
Anything that we asked for, we were accommodated ASAP. The staff were very helpful, efficient.
The rooms are outdated but the bathrooms are remodeled. The water pressure, excellent.
Housekeeping staff needs to do a better job. May be they have too many rooms to do & this is the best they can do. I really don't know.
I would stay here again if I ever need to be in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool & gardens.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was clean and the staff was very nice the only problem with the hotel is that it's kind of far from restaurants and stores. The gym was pretty big and the pool was nice I would reccomend this hotel

• Stayed August 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Had to stay at this hotel for a family medical emergency at a nearby hospital. The rate was great $84 per night for a 2 night stay. Yes there is a parking fee of $14 per night but for the area and given it was an in and out type parking served our needs quite well. The room on the 14 th floor was roomy and clean. The check-in was easy and the front-desk folks were efficient and friendly. We did not eat at the hotel as we had to on our way very early in the am of day 1 and could get to outside restaurants easily on all days. Have now stayed at this hotel several times and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
East Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Bedroom and bathroom were roomy and clean. Lounge/restaurant is very nice (although weird that they couldn't get the local baseball game on their cable on a Friday night). They also have an indoor/outdoor pool that we didn't get a chance to use, but we could see the outside area fro our room and it looked very nice. However, the best thing about the place are the people and the service they provide.

They provide a free shuttle service both to downtown Bethesda and the local Metro stop. The shuttle runs every half-hour, but was surprisingly there when our return train from DC ran into one of the typical Metro delays. (I thought we were looking at at least a 20 minute wait.) They must monitor the system website and adjust their pick-up schedule accordingly.

Bartender leant me a corkscrew so I could open a bottle of wine we brought w/ us in our room.

Upon check-in, the woman at the desk gave me a free parking pass, thereby avoiding the $14 a day (WOW) fee to park in the hotel lot. She did this because she "saw that we had to wait a while to check-in." I didn't time it, but I know we were waiting less than 5 minutes.

It's not perfect. Drawbacks include: shower water temp would fluctuate for no reason, no in-room fridge, free Wi-Fi in lounge only, pay parking.

But I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The rooms are smaller in comparison to other Marriott locations but it did the job by providing me with a bed and bathroom. There isn't free WiFi.

I was about to get in to my car to drive downtown but then I saw a sign for a free shuttle ride! The shuttle leaves every half hour and you call them whenever you're ready to be picked up. This was the highlight of my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Bethesda Marriott? Share your experiences!