“Excellent Mr. Ronnie. I enjoyed every minute of my stay....” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Mr. Ronnie. I enjoyed every minute of my stay....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Clean, spacious rooms. Effivient shuttle drivers & always on time. Very professional front desk especially Mr. Ronnie. I asked for a mini fridge for my medications, it took more than an hour when the other gentleman ordered it but when I ask for Ronnie's help, it is there in few minutes! Mr. omar, from maintenance, made me feel great when he solved a minor issue regarding the heating system, Ms. Joyce were also bery helpful & kind. The GM is a quite a gentleman & a team leader. I will always be back & I thank them all. The breakfast staff on weekends need to know that they are not doing guests favours & the african lady who handles the egg station shouldn't roll her eyes & show her bad mood when people wait or ask for their favorite egg style!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Aurora, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed in this hotel in 2005 for 2 nights (business trip), now back (again on business) for 2 nights, and it feels as nothing has changed in this hotel ('time stands still'). Rooms are spacious and clean, but have not been updated, except for the flat screen LCD, which stopped working on day 2, no fridge in room, no bottle of water offered. Vending machine on floor is not working, does not accept bills, would add bill changer or a modern device accepting credit cards.
Hotel location is good for conferences, but too far from attractions in D.C. Room service is quick and above average. Other plus is the exceptional staff, who makes up for many shortcomings.
Overall, a moderate price to value ratio.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Requested upper floor and ended up on 3.
Room air conditioner not working. Called desk before leaving for dinner. Came back and they were in the room but it was not fixed.
TV is fuzzy on most stations.
If you're on a budget in Bethesda/DC, it's average. For anything else, forget about it.

Stayed May 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel was just average by all standards. It is older with low ceilings and just didn't have the feel of a higher end hotel. The public areas were adequate, the restaurant was acceptable but basic and the concierge suite was below average. The front desk wasn't up to normal standards for a Marriott. I had to ask for a manager to get an issue resolved. We had a problem with our room temperature and had to ask three times over 24 hours before it was rectified. The beds were also not the most comfortable.

Parking was convenient and the location was close to our destination. Housekeeping did a good job and the room was in decent shape.

This short review was hard to write as there are just so many ways I can describe average. I will try a different hotel in the area on our next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Because my wife and I were only staying one night, we were satisfied to book a hotel room that was adequate and close to our relatives whom we were visiting. As such, we selected this Marriott and received a "senior" discount. When checking in at registration the Asst. Mgr. asked if this was our first time staying here and we responded yes. She responded that to entice us to return she was offering us complementary parking. Our room (736) was spacious and will laid out with a king size bed. Also, the bathroom was a nice size with a marvelous shower. Additionally, we ate dinner and breakfast in the hotel's Agio restaurant whose food was delicious and the service was attentive, especially at dinner time. We will definitely stay here the next time our travel plans bring us to the Bethesda area.

Room Tip: We noticed upon entering the elevator that the top floor was designated "Concierge." As a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Greece, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel was clean and quiet.
The room was beautiful and comfortable
My coffee maker leaked and they sent a new one up with in 5 minutes.
When I returned to my room on night #2 the House cleaning staff even wrapped up my cell phone charger I didn't know was out.
The gym was great, I even did my laundry for free. The restaurant was beautiful and the buffet had a great variety from fruit to bacon and omelets.
I had a great stay and would go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
St. George, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Nice place, good location, clean, but just so-so for a Marriott. Staff as always was excellent. That seems consistent at Marriott properties. Pricey, especially for those like us who are not wealthy, and not on a company or corporate expense account. We generally love Marriott's, but seldom stay at one because they nickle and dime you to death. Parking $14.00 a day, Internet $12.95 a day, etc. It quickly drives an already expensive room out of the ball park for us. Dinning in the in house restaurants are expensive, as they are at most up scale properties. So we were forced to eat elsewhere. Again, it all comes out of our own pockets and we are on a budget. When again in this area we will do more checking around because of all the add-on costs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bethesda Marriott? Share your experiences!