“Good Business Travel Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Tyler, Texas
“Good Business Travel Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip and therefore spent little time in the hotel room itself. On that matter, it's standard fare and I will more than likely stay here again if I end up coming back to pay a visit at the Walter Reed Hospital. From that standpoint, the location was perfect and made it easy to get over to the hospital.

I ate dinner in the restaurant that night with other members of my party, and it was a delightful surprise. The food for a "chain" was very good although as hotels usually go, a little pricey. Still I would have been hard-pressed to get that good a steak steak outside the hotel for any less and in bad weather.

The room was decent. If I were staying in the area for pleasure I probably would have selected something more upscale however, for what I needed it was a great night sleep, in the ideal location for the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Little Neck, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Good location, clean hotel, friendly staff...typical Marriot experience...a couple of gripes, however. First of all, rooms and especially bathrooms are very small....bathroom ceiling is very low, almost claustrophobic....I am 6'4 and I barely fit in the shower...secondly, they charge you $14 per night to park your car...thirdly, they charge you $13 per day for internet/wi-fi if you aren't a marriot rewards elite or gold member...not cool, man.....restaurant in the lobby looks nice...didn't check it out though...the area around the hotel is residential, so there aren't any shops or places to grab a bite...hotel has room service, but is overpriced.

• Stayed December 2012
Luvtravels33
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel gets three stars because I do not have much to say about it - either good or bad. It was clean, the room was comfortable enough, and I had everything I needed for a one-night stay. The one noteworthy problem I had was the small bathroom - too small for two people, in my opinion. It was difficult for two people to get ready at the same time. The highlight of the night was supper in the ballroom - we had an excellent vegetarian tart that was to be commended. In sum, if I was at this hotel for business travel, I would probably be okay with it. If I were on vacation, however, I would be looking for more.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I've stayed at this property for some time, for an annual meeting held nearby. This year was problematic - I arrived just as 4 giant motorcoaches full of high school students from NY were pulling up. The desk staff was clearly overwhelmed, and the person who checked me in was rude and short-tempered. It was impossible to get an elevator (or even move much), so I lugged my bag up the staircase. Plenty of hall and ceiling noise throughout my stay. The rooms are also getting tired, with chipped paint and kind of worn furnishings. No perks for Marriott Rewards members; at check-in, the staff member acted annoyed that he had to enter my number. Breakfast in the restaurant was tasty.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel itself is fine - old and not really updated; some of the rooms are pretty far from the conference center. There was no WiFi in the conference center (we were told there would be - but later told not). The food was average at the conference. There is nothing within walking distance outside the hotel but it is close to the highway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip for a few nights in Oct 2012. Lovely hotel, convenient to where I had my meetings in Bethesda. The rooms were spacious with beds a 6ft person could get lost in. The swimming pool wasn't great which I was a little disappointed about - it was quite shallow and square shaped so I felt like a goldfish swimming in circles!
The best thing about this hotel for me, had to be the breakfast. I was fortunate enough to be served up by a Jamaican lady who not only made me one of the tastiest omelettes ever but cracked me up with laughter too :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

For the second time at this hotel (Priceline, so we can't choose) the pool and hot tub don't open up on Friday until evening. Then it is filled with splashing yelling kids while parents have a drink at the bar (so no supervision.) Once the pool was "closed for renovations" and another guest said it had been like that for months. So don't get this hotel if you are looking for a early stop with a relaxing hot tub.

• Stayed October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Bethesda Marriott Suites
Bethesda Court Hotel
#4 of 11 in Bethesda
4.0 of 5 stars 306 reviews
Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown

Been to Bethesda Marriott? Share your experiences!