“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Cincinnati
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The hotel is extremely reasonably priced (we paid <$100 per night) and is attractive, modern, and very clean. The restaurant had a wonderful breakfast with a chef making omlettes on demand which was included in the cost of our room. The pool is a very appealing indoor/outdoor combo with a swim-under wall. The staff was pleasant and helpful, friendly and accomodating. This was a tremendously good value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I have a family member who lives close to this hotel and have stayed here so many times over the past few years that it feels like my home away from home in Maryland. I like to stay here because everything is very predicable, always a clean, comfortable room and the staff always friendly, efficient, and helpful. Wonderful beds and bedding. The bathrooms are pretty standard but always very clean. I was surprised to read another reviewer mention that there was no coffee maker in their room as I have never experienced this but I am certain that if it had been brought to the staff's attention this would have been rectified right away. There is a very nice restaurant in the hotel and great room service. We have held two family events at this hotel and found the food and service excellent.

The hotel is minutes from the Beltway and just off Wisconsin Avenue but not on it so it is quiet. It is in a very nice residential area. Rockville and Bethesda center are just minutes away by car where there is great shopping and restaurants. The hotel provides a shuttle service to the metro station which is just a few minutes away.

This is my first choice of hotel in this area and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
new york city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I just returned from a 4-night stay at the Marriott. I asked for a quiet room and got exactly that with no fuss. The front desk was very helpful and always polite. The standard room was of a good size (not small, not large). I ate at the restaurant there once and it was excellent (and typically expensive). There is a shuttle to the Medical Station Metro every 30 minutes and I found it to be punctual. All that is good. But just so you will know: there is nothing around the Marriott. No other restaurant, nowhere to pick up a snack other than the hotel lobby ($4.25 for a 3 oz. bag of chips is a bit too much for me). If you don't have a car, you will need the shuttle. If you want something different to eat and don't want to go into DC, take the Metro one stop to Bethesda where you will find a nice selection of restaurants (I ate at Mon Ami Gabi one night and am happy to recommend it to you; there is a Cosi and a mexican restaurant as well, to name just two others). If you like walking, it is about 1.5 miles to the Medical Station metro and another 1.5 miles to the Bethesda station, all along one street (Rockville Pike that becomes Wiscoinsin Ave.). I walked it and it is a nice 50-minute walk. There is also a Safeway near the Bethesda station if you want that bag of chips.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
henderson nv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed for four days during a family wedding in DC. It was also during the heat wave!! What a nice clean and very cool hotel, Our room was perfect over looking the gardens and the pool. The bed and linens were wonderful, Im a sheet nut so I really like good quality linens. When we checkd in the bellman offered us a fridge which was perfect because my husband is diabetic and needs one. Every staff member was quite nice and helpful. Would stay again just make wure you are aware of the !2.00 a day for parking but the free shuttle to the metro is well worth trying to drive into DC for sight seeing.

Room Tip: Great price on priceline
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Stayed on business during the US open, hotel was payed in advance by my company. I only stayed 2 nights but my company had other workers in my room before me, When I checked in I put my card up for incidentals. When I checked out I made sure that I was only being charged for what I used and received a receipt showing zero balance. This morning my account was charged almost $2000 dollars, a week and a half later. When I called they said I was being charged for the entire week, after several calls back and forth between Marriott(off-site, they do not deal with these problems from the actual hotel) and my company I was told they would look into it and get back to me, but it would be at least a week until it was resolved. I am going away this weekend and need to use this card and thank god I should have just enough limit on it except for I just checked and Bethesda Marriott just put another $600 on my card. It is too late as of this writing to find out what this is supposed to be for but I'm sure the funds will not be available by this weekend. The shame of it is that the hotel and restaurant were exceptional which is why I am giving 3 stars, but to be charging me thousands of dollars over a week after I left would be comical if it wasn't making things very difficult for me. Would love to hear a response from management.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for the purpose of attending the U.S. Open. The hotel is an older Marriott, but well maintained. Our room was clean and quiet. Considering the age of the hotel, the decor of the rooms could use an update.
The staff was wonderful. Karen really went out of her way to get to personally know the guests and their needs upon check-in. She is an all around pleasant and accomodating Marriott representative.
The restaurant in the bar had a wide selection of items and the food and service was very good. Besides the breakfast buffet in the dining room, there was a good selection of other food for breakfast that was very good and reasonably priced.Overall, the staff in the dining room was very nice and helpful except for one waitress who apparently does not like her job and needs an attitude adjustment. Not a smile or a greeting...just miserable.
The bell staff was very knowledgeable and kind. They were able to guide us through the labrinyth of transportation options to get to the golf course. They gave us the best option and everything went smoothly. Without them, our day might have been a disaster.
We felt very comfortable and had a great time at the Marriott. Wonderful staff.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Bingen am Rhein, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed at the Marriot with 1 toddler and a baby. The rooms have a good size and are clean. It looked like they put families on the first floor near each other. I really liked that because we didnt have to worry about the baby crying. Nevertheless, we never heard any noises from any of the adjacent rooms. The pool area is on that floor, too. There is one edge of the pool, where even 4 year olds can stand. Additional towels are provided. The lobby looks very nice. You have to get used to the idea of having to pay for internet in your room. But then the Starbucks near the lobby (where wireles LAN is provided) make up for it. I liked our little coffe maker in the room. Unfortunately it wasnt being restocked. We stayed 3 nights. After the first night we had to ask at the front desk for coffee and cups. Also the towels werent restocked after the 2nd night. Parking is relatively inexpensive for the area ($12/day) and a free shuttle service to the nearby Metro station (Medical Center) is provided every half hour. At Grosvenor (also relatively closeby) parking is around $ 4,5 a day which could be another option. We had a very pleasant stay and would come back any time. (Hoping that the maid would be a little more attentive this time around).

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bethesda Marriott? Share your experiences!