“absolutely perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Boras, Sweden
“absolutely perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting our son who is studying at AU in Tenleytown.
The hotell is recently updated and looks much nicer on the inside then outside, the rooms are big and with great beds, staff more than helpful.
The restaurant for lunch and dinner is not that good, I´m picky and for me it was a waste of time and money..
but the breakfast is very good.
Shuttle service to the metro stop is super and the reason why this hotel is a perfect choice for travellers who wants to reach the centre of DC but not spending a fortune on a hotel in the city. The Metro in DC must be one of the best and easiest to use in the world, even my mother age 65 said that she would easily use it and she don´t even take the bus at home..
I recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a good place to stay while visiting Washington DC.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I stayed here for meetings at NIH, which is down the street. I’ll stay again. The price is in line with the area and the hotel is solid, clean and safe. The best thing is the frequent shuttle service to NIH, which with security is a big deal.

But... The sauna was not working for my stay. They still charge for internet access. There is a lousy policy of charging ($12) for surface parking on their large lot. I had to wait a very long time to check in because the clerks struck a bad balance between jawboning with customers and dealing with the line. The fitness center has lots of treadmills and few weight machines.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
richmond va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

We had a group of athletes (10) and their families staiying for a dive meet for two days. Meet ended late Saturday night. Too late/tired to go out to eat, espcially with more competing tomorrow. We all decided to get pizza and eat in the lobbey. We thought about going up to one of our rooms and hanging out there, but didn't want to bother any one in the other rooms. We decided to eat in the lobbey so we could all mingle and be together as a teamy. We were rudely approached by the front desk demanding us to take our food out of the lobbe. Here we had several famiilies with their teenage children (who actually wanted to be together on a Sat. night) and we were asked to leave! Not only that, but she stomped over to us with a container of clorox wipes and a large trash bag and demanded we clean our mess! It's not like the hotel was busy and there were lots of groups of divers around eating food too! Our next stay will certinally not be here. Hilton down the street. Much more respective/accomodating.l Marriot gets an F on this visit and I will not be booking our teams at Marriots again. Mind you, we book @ 50 hotels for meets at least 6 times per year.

• Stayed March 2011
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

This was my first visit to this hotel. If I am in the DC area, I will stay here again. The service was nice and all the staff says hello when they see you. I had dinner in the restaurant and the service was good there as well. The food during our meeting was really good, there was always a vegetarian option which makes vegetarian guests feel more welcomed.

Richland WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

This is a typically well-run Marriott property. Location is terrific, at the intersection of the Capital Beltway (I495), and Rockville Pike (MD355). 35 minutes to National Airport. The hotel staff is particularly attentive and concierge service rapid-fire. Gym is in basement and has good, basic cardio machines. Pool is very nice. My room was of decent size and comfortable. A mini-refrigerator is placed on floor in front of window, a strange and inconvenient place. The bathroom gives away the hotel's age: very small; it's necessary to close the door to get into the residence-style bathtub. Parking: Ample, paid parking (free to Elite members). Overall, a typically high-quality Marriott property.

hamden ct
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

The price was great but you get what you pay for. We were aware there was a charge for WIFI in the room, or so we thought, so when we went to plug in the laptop and it didn't work, we called the front desk. They sent a nice man who worked quite awhile and then hooked me up directly by phone with their provider. We finally resolved the issue and when I got to the first screen, THEN the nice man told me it was $12 a day. He said there was free WIFI in the lounge on the 15th floor and in the lobby. I went to the 15th floor and was locked out. When I asked, I was told I wasn't "in the club". So again misled, I had to use the laptop on the comfortable furniture in the lobby. Inconvenient but it worked. Couldn't have been closer to NIH. Fan in the bathroom didn't work (and we didn't complain because we assumed it would have either required major disruption or moving). Also, the chain on the toilet flusher came off but I fixed it myself - just a minor annoyance. All in all - good value for the money but you have to add in the $12 per day parking fee also!

Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

I have used this hotel when visiting National Institutes of Health (NIH). They provide a free shuttle to NIH and to the metro station there. Otherwise the hotel is difficult to reach as it is surrounded by highway. The personnel at reception was friendly and helpful. There was free internet access. The standard of the rooms was somewhat low compared to a typical Marriott, but OK for me. The air condition device in the room was very loud, fortunately I do not wake up easily.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Bethesda Marriott? Share your experiences!