“Was probably a better choice a few years ago” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Bethesda

You added Hyatt Regency Bethesda to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One Bethesda Metro Center, (7400 Wisconsin Ave), Bethesda, MD 20814   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Metro Boston
“Was probably a better choice a few years ago”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Convenient access to the Metro is a definite plus, however the mattresses were well below Hyatt Regency standards. Decor and finishes are dated. For the right price it is okay for a brief stay, but I will look elsewhere next time I am in the area. $15/day wi-fi and $3.75 bottled water and $15 self-parking help to erode any value in staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The location can't be beat for Metro. The room was quiet . A lot of kids groups was there. The staff was very nice. The bellman LeRoy was very helpful with directions. The bed was good. We ask in advance for a refrig. Went to the Daliy Grill for Happy Hour good food.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Let me put it this way: I travel three days a week, 40 weeks a year, and I'll make sure I avoid this place in the future. They missed my wakeup call. The coffee maker was broken. The alarm clock was broken. There was no easy chair or couch in the room. Decor from the seventies. Nothing of comfort, anywhere. Television grainy. Lukewarm coffee in the "executive lounge" for top stayers. Internet impossible to get on. If you want a cheap place to stay one night, go for it. If you travel a lot, avoid. This is surprising because it's a Hyatt, and I usually have good luck with that chain.

Room Tip: Stay up as high as you can.
Green Features: I didn't notice any environmentally friendly activities, though I didn't look for them.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
New Orleans/Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

A decent Priceline deal here for 3 days, well located on the metro line (very long and steep escalator, if that matters) Also, there is a lot of construction going on at this metro station. Nice neighborhood, lots of upscale shopping up the road.

Room was nice, clean, quiet,etc.

Huge group of youth were checking in before me. Eventually desk clerk realized I wasn't with them and checked me in, finally.

It was nearly midnight. I had just spent the evening outside in the heat and on my feet (after a long drive from CT) at the Merryweather Pavillion. I was tired. I was hungry and the clerk could only suggest CVS or 7-11 a few blocks down the street. A single female walking ( I was no longer w my friend who had the car) down the road at midnight? No thanks. No pantry or vending machines in the hotel? I starved until morning.

Daily Grill was delicious, slightly price hotel rates.

Business center was pricy to use for printing!

• Stayed July 2014
Devon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my husband and daughter. The location was chosen because we didn't want to drive all the way into DC but wanted a more northern hotel close to a metro stop. We got a room with 2 double beds and expected a typical hotel room. We were all very pleasantly surprised with the size of our room. It was much larger than a standard room. Our room was 626 and had an enormous bathroom and closet with a safe. There was a coffee machine fully stocked also available in the room. Toiletries were generous and a new tube of toothpaste came every day. I also liked the fact that a sheet on our room listed all of the FREE amenities that could be provided if you needed. This was not a short list. We ended up asking for shaving cream that we had forgotten and it came to the room quickly along with a razor that we hadn't asked for. The ONLY reason I did not give this hotel 5 stars is because there is some construction going on so getting from the parking garage to the hotel is a little convoluted. Location of hotel is fabulous with LOTS of restaurants and shops nearby along with the metro stop. Parking is $12 per day. I will definitely stay here again when we visit the DC area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Not the greatest hotel I have ever stayed in and especially not what I would expect from a Hyatt.
Here is my lowdown of my experience:
-Pulled up out front and no one even acknowledged me even though there was valet parking. I parked myself. Seriously not a big deal but it was weird if you provide valet to just stand there and ignore folks who pull up for service.
-Went to check in and their computers froze. Had to wait for it to be fixed.
-Lobby is hot! Like sweating while standing there hot. Had dinner there and sweated the whole time and it was wasn't just me- everyone there was complaining. Its a huge atrium that looks like a cruise ship from the early '80s with plastic chandeliers and old fake plants.
-Room is well sized but not very clean, Everything was dusty and the shower had hairs stuck to the wall. There was also a not very clean red velour chair that looks like it belongs in my grandmothers basement. Water stains on the ceiling were hastily patched and painted but the stains were pretty bad.
-Carpets are worn, paint is peeling and chipped, furniture is stained. I saw a cleaning guy walking around with a rag and a spray bottle and was just randomly spraying things and half-heartedly wiping them off leaving the cleaning liquid to drip and run down the walls. It was weird- why even bother?
-The food was good and well prepared however.
-The location is great and right next to the Metro
-The staff was friendly

The place needs a major overhaul. If you can stay for the right price its not bad at all but dont expect much.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
dillsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The people that wrote that it needed updating must have much higher expectations then I do. I thought it was a very pretty hotel. We had a great stay.
I wish breakfast was included, but at least we had a fridge to bring our own.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Good Afternoon 3sparrows,

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review on your recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Bethesda. I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait to welcome you back in the future. Thanks for your feedback on the breakfast aspect at this location, I have forwarded your comments to our executive management for review and follow up. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Regency Bethesda? Share your experiences!